You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Black managers...where are they?

theacademic

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, i love this website. Theres nothing like a thread that spirals into chaos. Oh and i never thought there would be so many racist fuckin cunts on here... nazi twats... go and find another team to support you silly vile twats.

Silverlining is a cunt

you said black footballers are not as intelligent as white footballers.

No, wait, but "science" has proven that this means they can run 100m quicker.

It's nature's way of evening things up.

Whites are slow, so need to be clever enough to outwit....I dunno...predators or whatever. Blacks are preternaturally quick, so do not need to develop higher cognitive functions, and this is why they are rubbish at football management.

And now, or the last what decade since black sprinters have been given the opportunity to develop the obvious advantage they have over white sprinters?

What race is the fastest man who ever lived again, I forget.

Apparently I'm racist against "my own kind" as well. The problem here is that people don't care about the context any more, once I come on it's just "prove Wrongislander wrong" time.

My previous photo was 1980 and this one is from 1968.

The man on the highest platform won.

carlos_narrowweb__300x3650.jpg

why,you trying to prove me wrong?

Mate, no offence like but i think you're putting forward just about the weakest argument i think i have ever heard. As i understand it you are making an accusation that Black men are not selected for managerial posts because of the colour of their skin, but you have failed to put forward a solitary example to substantiate your claim. You're gonna have to help me out here.

No, wait, but "science" has proven that this means they can run 100m quicker.

It's nature's way of evening things up.

Whites are slow, so need to be clever enough to outwit....I dunno...predators or whatever. Blacks are preternaturally quick, so do not need to develop higher cognitive functions, and this is why they are rubbish at football management.

Why Black Athletes Are the Fastest Runners, by Emma Lindsey

At no point have I ever said black players are thick, you said that. You're the one making the racist comments and passing them off as mine.

Genetics, in the form of having a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" fibres and more testosterone than whites, may predispose a black individual to run fast. But biology alone does not make champions. As well as graft, focus and a winning mindset, the forces which combine to set those fast-twitch fibres twitching in the direction of the school running track cannot be underestimated.

Mate, no offence like but i think you're putting forward just about the weakest argument i think i have ever heard. As i understand it you are making an accusation that Black men are not selected for managerial posts posts because of the colour of their skin but you have failed to put forward a solitary example to substantiate your claim. You're gonna have to help me out here.

Thats a very fair comment.

Luther Blissett was mentioned in the survey,could he be one?

Why Black Athletes Are the Fastest Runners, by Emma Lindsey

At no point have I ever said black players are thick, you said that. You're the one making the racist comments and passing them off as mine.

Genetics, in the form of having a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" fibres and more testosterone than whites, may predispose a black individual to run fast. But biology alone does not make champions. As well as graft, focus and a winning mindset, the forces which combine to set those fast-twitch fibres twitching in the direction of the school running track cannot be underestimated.

"Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management"

"Name me one black player at the top level that compares to the intelligence shown on the field of an Alonso, Carragher, Scholes where their game intelligence is the first thing you identify"

Black players don't develop the mental side of their game - they don't need to - which is why they don't become managers.

No black player compares to the intelligence level of Paul Scholes.

Really, Mongele, just shut the fuck up. Please. You're a cunt, you've always been one. You're about half as clever as your wildest dreams would suggest. Don't make it worse.

Mate, no offence like but i think you're putting forward just about the weakest argument i think i have ever heard. As i understand it you are making an accusation that Black men are not selected for managerial posts posts because of the colour of their skin but you have failed to put forward a solitary example to substantiate your claim. You're gonna have to help me out here.

mmm let me put this guy in his place because he obviously has no clue what hes talking about.

fuck that,its not my place to prove to you that this is not an issue,i have absolutely no intention of getting into a debate when the facts speak for themselves.

its an issue,google it and youl find plenty of evidence,put forward far better than i could ever do it justice.

"Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management"

"Name me one black player at the top level that compares to the intelligence shown on the field of an Alonso, Carragher, Scholes where their game intelligence is the first thing you identify"

Black players don't develop the mental side of their game - they don't need to - which is why they don't become managers.

No black player compares to the intelligence level of Paul Scholes.

Really, Mongele, just shut the fuck up. Please. You're a cunt, you've always been one. You're about half as clever as your wildest dreams would suggest. Don't make it worse.

You remind me of Ferguson, you've had people under a spell of your shite but now the veil is slipping and more and more people are pulling you up.

You're the one making the racist comments, not me. I like how you ignored the scientific explanation as to why black men are pre disposed to be faster than white men. If you don't like something you either ignore it or re-word it, just like every other lying manipulative cunt. Ever think of working for the S*n?

Dear me. What could've been an insightful, open exploration into a very relevant matter has descended into the predictable fare of 'You're a racist!'.

Dale Carnegie intimated people's opinions are made of their values and experiences. One aspect of experience is, in this matter, whether or not you've been a victim of racism. So let's have it, who in here is NOT White British? Identify yourselves.

Wrong Islander may want to use these results for a witch hunt. *joke, relax*

Originally Posted by WrongIslander View Post

And now, or the last what decade since black sprinters have been given the opportunity to develop the obvious advantage they have over white sprinters?

I know who won but whats your point?

My point is,

Decade means ten years and the first photo was 1980 where the white Athlete won but the second photo was 1968 where the black Athlete won,minus 12 years.

So by your maths it wasnt until 1990's that quote ' black sprinters have been given the opportunity to develop the obvious advantage they have over white sprinters? 'End quote.

But the second photo was well before the first.

Do the Maths!

Originally Posted by WrongIslander View Post

I know who won but whats your point?

My point is,

Decade means ten years and the first photo was 1980 where the white Athlete won but the second photo was 1968 where the black Athlete won,minus 12 years.

So by your maths it wasnt until 1990's that quote ' black sprinters have been given the opportunity to develop the obvious advantage they have over white sprinters? 'End quote.

But the second photo was well before the first.

Do the Maths!

Do the maths? Learn English!

I said in the last decade, i.e last ten years.

mmm let me put this guy in his place because he obviously has no clue what hes talking about.

fuck that,its not my place to prove to you that this is not an issue,i have absolutely no intention of getting into a debate when the facts speak for themselves.

its an issue,google it and youl find plenty of evidence,put forward far better than i could ever do it justice.

Ok i give up, you're way too sharp for me.

you said black footballers are not as intelligent as white footballers.

I've gotta pull this up. Where did he say this? Seemed to me he threw a few names in and like it or not, that's not the same thing. Crap like this undermines genuine racism- something you seem to stand very much against.

Relax a little. I'm sure if any one of us harboured racist views, we'd hardly air them in here, subtly or otherwise.

Might as well trundle out a cliche, my wife is mixed race and my best mate is Asian, so I can't be a racist.

Do the maths? Learn English!

I said in the last decade, i.e last ten years.

Yes,but black Athletes were winning in 1968 and as far back as Jesse Owens in 1936.

I'm willing to debate with you without using insults but your arguments are full of more holes than Michael Barrymore's swimming pool.

You boys really love Internet arguments don't you. Would have thought today might have cheered you up a bit.

Still...Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

Made up me mate but not gonna site back while that sour cunt calls me a nazi, or anyone calls me a racist for that matter.

As ynwa says all it does is dilute real racism.

Made up me mate but not gonna site back while that sour cunt calls me a nazi, or anyone calls me a racist for that matter.

As ynwa says all it does is dilute real racism.

I'm not going to call you names but your first post included this paragraph

'Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management.'

So maybe you only have yourself to blame on that score?

The stat's for the NBA are below. Anybody know what percentage blacks make up over there in football?

2009-10

Players

WHITE - 18%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 77%

LATINO - 3%

ASIAN - 1%

OTHER - 1%

INTERNATIONAL - 18%

Head Coaches

WHITE - 70%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 27%

ASIAN - 3%

LATINO - 0%

WOMEN - 0%

Assistant Coaches

WHITE - 59%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 41%

LATINO - 1%

ASIAN - 0%

OTHER - 0%

WOMEN - 0%

Head Athletic Trainers

WHITE - 76%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 16%

LATINO - 2%

ASIAN - 6%

OTHER - 0%

WOMEN - 0%

General Manager

WHITE - 87%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 13%

LATINO - 0%

ASIAN - 0%

WOMEN - 0%

League Office

WHITE - 64%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 21%

LATINO - 7%

ASIAN - 8%

OTHER - <1%

WOMEN - 44%

Majority Owners

WHITE - 98%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 2%

LATINO - 0%

ASIAN - 0%

OTHER - 0%

WOMEN - 12%

CEO/President

WHITE - 88%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 12%

LATINO - 0%

ASIAN - 0%

WOMEN - 0%

Vice Presidents

WHITE - 86%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 11%

LATINO - 2%

ASIAN - 1%

WOMEN - 18%

Senior Administrators

WHITE - 80%

AFRICAN AMERICAN - 14%

LATINO - 5%

ASIAN - 1%

OTHER - <1%

WOMEN - 25%

I'm not going to call you names but your first post included this paragraph

'Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management.'

So maybe you only have yourself to blame on that score?

What part of that is racist?

If you're faster, or stronger or have more stamina than your opponents which any cross section of black v white players would suggest, would you need to develop coping strategies? No, you wouldn't. The game now is more about stamina and speed than it has ever been so it's no surprise we are seeing more and more African players (I know not all black players are African I'm just using them as an example) preferred, also they are cheaper as well.

Look even at English black players who stand out this season, Young, Lennon, Walcott, is football intelligence the first thing you identify in their game? No, it's pace. Is that racist? No it's a fact.

Of course there are white players that buck the trend that's exactly why Bale is so coverted, it's certainly not the intelligence he brought as a left back.