You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Black managers...where are they?

theacademic

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Barnes - Celtic and Tranmere.

Great player,shite manager.

I think the point thats trying to be made is that as a percentage of players to managers,football is currently out of touch with society,which is probably true at the moment but will improve in the future,its early days yet.

There's nothing racist about it, it's a numbers game coupled with culture.

Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon and the Ivory Coast all have the capabilities to produce great managers in years to come but they don't have the kind of funding we do.

I believe Desailly would make an excellent manager if he decided to give it a go because he's a fantastic pundit that not only gives real insight into the game but he also seems to predict how a game will turn out at half time based on what he's seen and he's got an uncanny ability of getting it right.

I do have a hard time thinking of many black players now that you'd think "he could make a great manager", that's not racist, it's just how I see it.

Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management.

Black players are usually physically fitter, faster and stronger in general than white players and maybe for this reason they over rely on these aspects and don't develop the mental side of their game as much, so maybe this explains why they don't go into or do well in management.

Oh. My. Fucking. Christ.

You thick, ignorant, hateful cunt.

Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon and the Ivory Coast all have the capabilities to produce great managers in years to come but they don't have the kind of funding we do.

I believe Desailly would make an excellent manager if he decided to give it a go because he's a fantastic pundit that not only gives real insight into the game but he also seems to predict how a game will turn out at half time based on what he's seen and he's got an uncanny ability of getting it right.

I do have a hard time thinking of many black players now that you'd think "he could make a great manager", that's not racist, it's just how I see it.

Ha,ha.

Exactly what the survey is all about Mr Chairman.

Oh. My. Fucking. Christ.

You thick, ignorant, hateful cunt.

Oh are you off again are you. Name me one black player at the top level that compares to the intelligence shown on the field of an Alonso, Carragher, Scholes where their game intelligence is the first thing you identify.

Stop crying racist when you haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about, while you're at it find me a 100m champion who's white you dosey windmill chasing cunt.

Managers are given jobs based on ability. Just like the players. THings like this just keep making a non issues, an issue.

Hodgson anybody?

That's where maths equations come into it and you have to take the "Purslow factor" into consideration.

Oh are you off again are you. Name me one black player at the top level that compares to the intelligence shown on the field of an Alonso, Carragher, Scholes where their game intelligence is the first thing you identify. Stop crying racist when you haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about, while you're at it find me a 100m champion who's white you dosey windmill chasing cunt.

"Black people run fast, and are therefore stupid".

You're going to get fucking ruined over these comments, you hateful fucking stupid fucking twat, and rightly so.

Have a nice evening, cunt.

Oh are you off again are you. Name me one black player at the top level that compares to the intelligence shown on the field of an Alonso, Carragher, Scholes where their game intelligence is the first thing you identify.

Stop crying racist when you haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about, while you're at it find me a 100m champion who's white you dosey windmill chasing cunt.

Pele???????????

1) Is the disproportionately small number of black managers a case of football being out of step with the rest of society or a reflection of wider social affairs?

Football is out of step

Football reflects society

I don't like either of those options but have to pick one. Football is out of step but that suggests they are out of step on this issue, which I don't believe they are but I don't think football reflects society in this particular context if that suggests that there is a problem with black employment for other jobs.

you say these things for a response obviously?

Pele???????????

Pele was a supremely gifted athlete that could play football. The point I am making is Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Carragher, they arn't exactly what you'd paint as your ideal physical specimen and yet they are or have been amoung the best at what they do because of their game intelligence first and foremost.

1) Is the disproportionately small number of black managers a case of football being out of step with the rest of society or a reflection of wider social affairs?

Football is out of step

Football reflects society

I don't like either of those options but have to pick one. Football is out of step but that suggests they are out of step on this issue, which I don't believe they are but I don't think football reflects society in this particular context if that suggests that there is a problem with black employment for other jobs.

"while you're at it find me a 100m champion who's white"

Where does that FIT IN to your scheme of life, Mongele?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what I am saying, this is just a microcosm of how overly sensitive people are to comments about other races.

If someone wants to use intelligence to negate my argument then fine do so, I'll gladly debate with anyone but if you just want to call me a racist and use the tags to get at me then you're probably better wiping the dribble off your chin and going to bed.

2 is 2.17% of 92, and according to the 2001 Census, 2% of the UK population are black.

So I think you're speculating on an issue that isn't really there.

I think Mongele wants to perform some experiments, maybe.

Speed vs IQ vs Footballing intelligence maybe.

ie blacks are stupid.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what I am saying, this is just a microcosm of how overly sensitive people are to comments about other races.

If someone wants to use intelligence to negate my argument then fine do so, I'll gladly debate with anyone but if you just want to call me a racist and use the tags to get at me then you're probably better wiping the dribble off your chin and going to bed.

your right,black people are too sensitive and do over exaggerate.

:whatever:

"while you're at it find me a 100m champion who's white"

Where does that FIT IN to your scheme of life, Mongele?

Science has proven that certain races are better at some things for the most part than others. Check out the next 100m finals and spot the white lad, there might be one if he has a dream year. Is that racist because I'm white? No it's just scientific fact that black athletes are pre disposed to be better sprinters you cretin.

What I've said is no more racist than saying a Spanish team will look for technical attributes more so than an English club. You like to come across like you're some scholar because you have a wide vocabulary but you're not and once again you're proving that to all and sundry reading this thread who have a basic comprehension of our language.