You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How much crime in your area in December 2010?

Paulie Dangerously

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All crime and ASB 483

Burglary 24

Anti-social behaviour 100

Robbery 0

Vehicle crime 30

Violent crime 95

Other crime 234

A lot of crime as I live near a very large shopping centre (Central Milton Keynes) so I'd imagine shoplifting is the biggest single offence.

Total - 50

Burglary 1

Anti-social behaviour 28

Robbery 0

Vehicle crime 6

Violent crime 7

Other crime 8

There'll be some poor middle-aged fucker reading those stats and openly weeping into his coco pops in front of his grown-up children. "Why do they pick on me?", he'll sob, before grabbing his Black and Decker and going out to add to the statistics.

Ysgubor, Caernarfon.

Total - 171

Burglary 7

Anti-social behaviour 89

Robbery 0

Vehicle crime 1

Violent crime 31

Other crime 43

I'm about to double the vehicle crime number today, two of my tyres were done in over the weekend. Twats.

I also reckon my next door but one neighbour's grandchild constitutes at least half of those ASBO reports.

Where i used to live...

Corris

Total - 1

Burglary 0

Anti-social behaviour 1

Robbery 0

Vehicle crime 0

Violent crime 0

Other crime 0

Ha, that would of been me reporting the chapel having been damaged.

Where I have lived most of my life, assume it would be more if the radius reached over into the area where the bars and stuff are in Whitley Bay.

Total 68

Burglary 1

ASB 46

Robbery 0

Vehicle Crime 2

Violent Crime 5

Other Crime 14

Where I lived when I was in Portsmouth. Most of them seem to be around where I lived and worked, both of which are absolute shit holes.

Total 308

Burglary 26

ASB 98

Robbery 2

Vehicle Crime 14

Violent Crime 66

Other Crime 102

Come on, can nobody touch the Lewes Rd area of Brighton? I've brought a whopping 831 total cases to the fore. Checked out Brighton Town Centre where there was a commendable 1300 odd instances (many of them connected to West Street, residents of the area won't be surprised to learn).

Surely someone lives in a worse place. I always felt pretty safe out - used to go late night jogging and everything.

I think Brighton only comes out looking bad because of a quite unique urban fabric. The walkability of the city, amount of inner city living and short distances from the numerous drinking areas. Tourists, festivals, weekenders etc.

The likes of Lewes Road, Kemptown, Regency, parts of central Hove etc are so closely located to town centre they are pretty much guaranteed to get loads of piss heads walking home down the main routes.

I hear people all week heading back from St James's Street shouting, arguing, one fucker played bag pipes at 2am last year. Doesn't make it a bad crime area, it just has alcohol fuelled mayhem 6 nights a week.

How the hell are you lot getting through? It doesn't do anything when I enter my postcode, street, town or anything. Maybe I live in the equivalent of a gated community according to the police database so there's no need. Wish insurers would view it the same way.

I think Brighton only comes out looking bad because of a quite unique urban fabric. The walkability of the city, amount of inner city living and short distances from the numerous drinking areas. Tourists, festivals, weekenders etc.

The likes of Lewes Road, Kemptown, Regency, parts of central Hove etc are so closely located to town centre they are pretty much guaranteed to get loads of piss heads walking home down the main routes.

I hear people all week heading back from St James's Street shouting, arguing, one fucker played bag pipes at 2am last year. Doesn't make it a bad crime area, it just has alcohol fuelled mayhem 6 nights a week.

There was something in the news about this yesterday. Apparently, 999 calls are routed through a call centre in Brighton. If someone rings up and reports an offence, and for whatever reason they can't locate the crime, they have to log it as being in Brighton because that's where the call was taken.

How the hell are you lot getting through? It doesn't do anything when I enter my postcode, street, town or anything. Maybe I live in the equivalent of a gated community according to the police database so there's no need. Wish insurers would view it the same way.

Finally got through and it appears to display a 1-mile radius which means it includes a shitty council estate. Anyway the figures for December 2010 are:

All crime and ASB - 299

Burglary - 33

Anti Social Behaviour - 124

Robbery - 5

Vehicle Crime - 27

Violent Crime - 38

Other Crime - 72

For my street, there was one ASB case. ONE. That is all for the entire month. My insurers are going to get a kicking.