You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Roy Hodgson to be fired today?

Thants

Do you want Roy Hodgson to be sacked today?  

352 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Roy Hodgson to be sacked today?

I'm gonna qualify this a bit:

During and after the Wolves game I wanted him sacked at once, but that was an emotional response. Now I only want him sacked if a reasonable replacement is in line. I can't see one right now. I dont want Rijkaard or Kenny. If you look at the Bundesliga you have people like Klopp or Tuchel, young managers who have special relationships with the supporters and their squad. They play attractive attacking footy and rely heavily on young players. Thats the kind of manager I want for Liverpool. I can unterstand all the people who want him sacked asap, mind.

So let me get this straight in my hed, you 'dont want Kenny' but want us to wait and suffer under Roy losing our best players probably in case some random German coach who has never had any involvement in the Prem who aren't willing to leave their current post to join us right now?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight in my hed, you 'dont want Kenny' but want us to wait and suffer under Roy losing our best players probably in case some random German coach who has never had any involvement in the Prem who aren't willing to leave their current post to join us right now?

Who says Kenny is going to do a good job?

I honestly don't know.

I detest Hodgson and everything he stands for, but I'm not sure long term Kenny is the answer. The problem arises if Kenny does reasonably well, and given the standards set by Hodgson are so abysmally low, that isn't going to be too difficult. That he becomes unsackable. It becomes almost a false economy. Yes it's miles better, but in real terms it's only as good as last season.

But then the counter argument is just as valid and is very simple.

Hodgson is bad enough to actually take us down.

One short term appointment you might get away with but two and you are pushing it. But other than Kenny I see no other viable option who'd take the job on at this time.

A terrible, terrible error was made in the summer by Purslow.

I honestly don't know.

I detest Hodgson and everything he stands for, but I'm not sure long term Kenny is the answer. The problem arises if Kenny does reasonably well, and given the standards set by Hodgson are so abysmally low, that isn't going to be too difficult. That he becomes unsackable. It becomes almost a false economy. Yes it's miles better, but in real terms it's only as good as last season.

But then the counter argument is just as valid and is very simple.

Hodgson is bad enough to actually take us down.

One short term appointment you might get away with but two and you are pushing it. But other than Kenny I see no other viable option who'd take the job on at this time.

A terrible, terrible error was made in the summer by Purslow.

Look the owners aren't ready for all this, clearly.

We need to give them time and rightly so, they have a plan for the summer but don't even yet have a CEO in place to appoint or sack a manager. What they need to do is sack Roy now because he is doing more bad than good and bring in Kenny at least until the end of the season, save them bringing forward their plans and the season and the value of their investment and see how the land lies in the summer at no extra cost.

Guest TK-421

All these voters are spot on:

.PsEatMyShorts., 18-5, 1892-LFCWasBorn, 2005, a stoner, Ace, afour, aikido, Allandale Rover, Andrew Ross, andrew86, AndywT, AngryofTuebrook, Antynwa, Arl arse, aws, banger, bar, barosrocks, barralad, Barzini, BatChainPuller, bazza66, BCM, beejay, Benitaur, Best Believe It, Big Lee, billybonzo, billypilgrimnz, bkkbaz, blablabla, Bob Spunkmouse, Bobby Hundreds, bonesman, BorizJeltzin, bricko66, Bubble, burnslfc, byrnie, Captain, caracaracara, carlei, Carradona, Carra_is_legend, Casadap, chauncey, chevettehs, ChicagoRed, ChickenLicken, Chippo, chris71, chrisbonnie, ChunkyBarcode, clarence, Closer To God, cmuller, cochcaer, Code72, codyscott, Colin Wanker, Colonol, Coro, corsican, craigLCF, Crazyhorse7778, Creator Supreme, ctkeepercoach, CWD82, D.I.C., Dane, Dani Pacheco, danielo, Dante, davelfc, ddolzan, deadlash, declan, Delmar, dennis tooth, derrickt, DEVIANTJ, Dmode101, DMS, Docfoz, Dog Chaser, Doh'Nuts, DooooodekNo5, DPW, Dr Babatunde, Dred, drewy, DuncanMitty, Dynamite, Einch, elvinho, emryscb, Falconetti, fin-bat, Finbar, Fire Maringo, Five Times, fiveways, Flying Pig, fowler9, fowler_god_9, Francesco, Free90, frodekippe, Fugitive, fungus, Funnneeeee, gatnick, GeoffM, geoxf, Gordon Hodgson, graham, Guffi182, H7K, Hades, Henry Chinaski, HJohal, holycomolli, Horus, howlin rain, Hughriakos, Hugo Sanjeev, hus, Ian Sea, Iceberg Wedge, Il Fenomeno, img, INTORRESTING, J-V, Jack the Sipper, JagSquared, james b, James Dean, Jamie-H, JaminKibbler, JB-RED7, Jennings, jens_h, JER, jimmyb1540, JimmyConway, jjdg26, JoeyJones65, JohnnyH, Joso, jtillnes, Judge, jumpoff, KaiSerSoZEi, KeepTheFaith, Kennys_spell, Kevin D, KevinM, kew, kidney, KillowenKopite, king7, KirkdaleRick, kop77, kopitelewis, Kraken, kris, laddo, Laika, lamai, Lapskaus, lawrie, lebron, lfcwonderboy1, lifetime fan, LiverpoolFreak, liverpoolred, llego, longballs, Lou Weed, LovesToSpooge, LP9, Lubeh, Luke, Magellan06, Malarkey, MARK9260, Marko121, marre79, mars, Masche, mathaluk, Meijer, melbred, Menc, Mew, MLB, mlwilliams, MOGLET, Monkey Plunkett, Moo, mouse1989, mr mac, Mr.Smoketoomuch, MrWhite, Mukky, myrlas, Nantwich girl, navislam, ned, Nemchoz, Newport, Ngog We Trust, ngogswilly, niallers, NLW2010, Número Nueve, ODZ, oxtailsoup, Paco, paddyberger, Paul, Paul Dave, PaulMcC, paulmx3, phil1694, Phoenix, Pidge, PiranhaBill, Ponz, Pool518, PoolG, Punk, PurpleNose, R.A.La, r1col, rafaisgod, Rafa_The_Gaffa, rage, Razoray, RazorBack, Reacher, Red Banjo, Red Baron II, Red Nick, RED.DUB, Redder Lurtz, redforever, redfromtubebar, RedIndian, redinoz, RedinSweden, redmann, RedMyst, redsfan, redskyatnight, Redtel, Red_or_Dead, richster, ricwest, ritchie, robbiefowler9, RobbieOR, RoboRiise, robslappa, rondeco, ronnie38, ronrover, Roy the Rover, Rustyjeffears, Ryehauge, SammyAftershave, Samsung, San Don, Sandman, satansmutt, Scouse Missionary, Seemann, seven of eleven, shea mc, Shifty, Shreddy, Simbo, SimonGodders, Singapore Red, sir roger, smicer07, smilezzz, smithy855, Sol18, Son of L8, Special K, Sponky, SPReds, sputnik, standing_fan, Stefan, stephen.archiba, StevieH, stevienando, Stirzy, Stormbringer, StuG, sub, sunny_LFC, Superjari, t1971, tea, Teflon Don, Teigen, Thants, The Albert Cock, The Big Green Bastard, The Big Step, The Bugged Out, The Chef, The Dude Abides, The Great Jacko, the paddock, The Party Boy, The Special One, The Tott, The-Sir, thechap, TheDrowningMan, TheHitman, ThewaytoRome, thompsonsnose, thuglife, TK-421, Tom R, TopMod, torresbabe, trigger, Trumo, Unrighteous, usernameunknown, Vallen, Vincent Vega, waddy78, Walton Park, Wee-bey, WilliamW, Wool Woolsson, Wudzy, Xherdan, Yozzer Jr. LFC, zico, Ziggy Stardust, Zippy

.PsEatMyShorts., 18-5, 1892-LFCWasBorn, 2005, a stoner, Ace, afour, aikido, Allandale Rover, Andrew Ross, andrew86, AndywT, AngryofTuebrook, Antynwa, Arl arse, aws, banger, bar, barosrocks, barralad, Barzini, BatChainPuller, bazza66, BCM, beejay, Benitaur, Best Believe It, Big Lee, billybonzo, billypilgrimnz, bkkbaz, blablabla, Bob Spunkmouse, Bobby Hundreds, bonesman, BorizJeltzin, bricko66, Bubble, burnslfc, byrnie, Captain, caracaracara, carlei, Carradona, Carra_is_legend, Casadap, chauncey, chevettehs, ChicagoRed, ChickenLicken, Chippo, chris71, chrisbonnie, ChunkyBarcode, clarence, Closer To God, cmuller, cochcaer, Code72, codyscott, Colin Wanker, Colonol, Coro, corsican, craigLCF, Crazyhorse7778, Creator Supreme, ctkeepercoach, CWD82, D.I.C., Dane, Dani Pacheco, danielo, Dante, davelfc, ddolzan, deadlash, declan, Delmar, dennis tooth, derrickt, DEVIANTJ, Dmode101, DMS, Docfoz, Dog Chaser, Doh'Nuts, DooooodekNo5, DPW, Dr Babatunde, Dred, drewy, DuncanMitty, Dynamite, Einch, elvinho, emryscb, Falconetti, fin-bat, Finbar, Fire Maringo, Five Times, fiveways, Flying Pig, fowler9, fowler_god_9, Francesco, Free90, frodekippe, Fugitive, fungus, Funnneeeee, gatnick, GeoffM, geoxf, Gordon Hodgson, graham, Guffi182, H7K, Hades, Henry Chinaski, HJohal, holycomolli, Horus, howlin rain, Hughriakos, Hugo Sanjeev, hus, Ian Sea, Iceberg Wedge, Il Fenomeno, img, INTORRESTING, J-V, Jack the Sipper, JagSquared, james b, James Dean, Jamie-H, JaminKibbler, JB-RED7, Jennings, jens_h, JER, jimmyb1540, JimmyConway, jjdg26, JoeyJones65, JohnnyH, Joso, jtillnes, Judge, jumpoff, KaiSerSoZEi, KeepTheFaith, Kennys_spell, Kevin D, KevinM, kew, kidney, KillowenKopite, king7, KirkdaleRick, kop77, kopitelewis, Kraken, kris, laddo, Laika, lamai, Lapskaus, lawrie, lebron, lfcwonderboy1, lifetime fan, LiverpoolFreak, liverpoolred, llego, longballs, Lou Weed, LovesToSpooge, LP9, Lubeh, Luke, Magellan06, Malarkey, MARK9260, Marko121, marre79, mars, Masche, mathaluk, Meijer, melbred, Menc, Mew, MLB, mlwilliams, MOGLET, Monkey Plunkett, Moo, mouse1989, mr mac, Mr.Smoketoomuch, MrWhite, Mukky, myrlas, Nantwich girl, navislam, ned, neko, Nemchoz, Newport, Ngog We Trust, ngogswilly, niallers, , NLW2010, Número Nueve, ODZ, oxtailsoup, Paco, paddyberger, Paul, Paul Dave, PaulMcC, paulmx3, phil1694, Phoenix, Pidge, PiranhaBill, Ponz, Pool518, PoolG, Punk, PurpleNose, R.A.La, r1col, rafaisgod, Rafa_The_Gaffa, rage, Razoray, RazorBack, Reacher, Red Banjo, Red Baron II, Red Nick, RED.DUB, Redder Lurtz, redforever, redfromtubebar, RedIndian, redinoz, RedinSweden, redmann, RedMyst, redsfan, redskyatnight, Redtel, Red_or_Dead, richster, ricwest, ritchie, robbiefowler9, RobbieOR, RoboRiise, robslappa, rondeco, ronnie38, ronrover, Roy the Rover, Rustyjeffears, Ryehauge, SammyAftershave, Samsung, San Don, Sandman, satansmutt, Scouse Missionary, Seemann, seven of eleven, shea mc, Shifty, Shreddy, Simbo, SimonGodders, Singapore Red, sir roger, smicer07, smilezzz, smithy855, Sol18, Son of L8, Special K, Sponky, SPReds, sputnik, standing_fan, Stefan, stephen.archiba, StevieH, stevienando, Stirzy, Stormbringer, StuG, sub, sunny_LFC, Superjari, t1971, tea, Teflon Don, Teigen, Thants, The Albert Cock, The Big Green Bastard, The Big Step, The Bugged Out, The Chef, The Dude Abides, The Great Jacko, the paddock, The Party Boy, The Special One, The Tott, The-Sir, thechap, TheDrowningMan, TheHitman, ThewaytoRome, thompsonsnose, thuglife, TK-421, Tom R, TopMod, torresbabe, trigger, Trumo, Unrighteous, usernameunknown, Vallen, Vincent Vega, waddy78, Walton Park, Wee-bey, WilliamW, Wool Woolsson, Wudzy, Xherdan, Yozzer Jr. LFC, zico, Ziggy Stardust, Zippy

forgot to vote.

.PsEatMyShorts., 18-5, 1892-LFCWasBorn, 2005, a stoner, Ace, afour, aikido, Allandale Rover, Andrew Ross, andrew86, AndywT, AngryofTuebrook, Antynwa, Arl arse, aws, banger, bar, barosrocks, barralad, Barzini, BatChainPuller, bazza66, BCM, beejay, Benitaur, Best Believe It, Big Lee, billybonzo, billypilgrimnz, bkkbaz, blablabla, Bob Spunkmouse, Bobby Hundreds, bonesman, BorizJeltzin, bricko66, Bubble, burnslfc, byrnie, Captain, caracaracara, carlei, Carradona, Carra_is_legend, Casadap, chauncey, chevettehs, ChicagoRed, ChickenLicken, Chippo, chris71, chrisbonnie, ChunkyBarcode, clarence, Closer To God, cmuller, cochcaer, Code72, codyscott, Colin Wanker, Colonol, Coro, corsican, craigLCF, Crazyhorse7778, Creator Supreme, ctkeepercoach, CWD82, D.I.C., Dane, Dani Pacheco, danielo, Dante, davelfc, ddolzan, deadlash, declan, Delmar, dennis tooth, derrickt, DEVIANTJ, Dmode101, DMS, Docfoz, Dog Chaser, Doh'Nuts, DooooodekNo5, DPW, Dr Babatunde, Dred, drewy, DuncanMitty, Dynamite, Einch, elvinho, emryscb, Falconetti, fin-bat, Finbar, Fire Maringo, Five Times, fiveways, Flying Pig, fowler9, fowler_god_9, Francesco, Free90, frodekippe, Fugitive, fungus, Funnneeeee, gatnick, GeoffM, geoxf, Gordon Hodgson, graham, Guffi182, H7K, Hades, Henry Chinaski, HJohal, holycomolli, Horus, howlin rain, Hughriakos, Hugo Sanjeev, hus, Ian Sea, Iceberg Wedge, Il Fenomeno, img, INTORRESTING, J-V, Jack the Sipper, JagSquared, james b, James Dean, Jamie-H, JaminKibbler, JB-RED7, Jennings, jens_h, JER, jimmyb1540, JimmyConway, jjdg26, JoeyJones65, JohnnyH, Joso, jtillnes, Judge, jumpoff, KaiSerSoZEi, KeepTheFaith, Kennys_spell, Kevin D, KevinM, kew, kidney, KillowenKopite, king7, KirkdaleRick, kop77, kopitelewis, Kraken, kris, laddo, Laika, lamai, Lapskaus, lawrie, lebron, lfcwonderboy1, lifetime fan, LiverpoolFreak, liverpoolred, llego, longballs, Lou Weed, LovesToSpooge, LP9, Lubeh, Luke, Magellan06, Malarkey, MARK9260, Marko121, marre79, mars, Masche, mathaluk, Meijer, melbred, Menc, Mew, MLB, mlwilliams, MOGLET, Monkey Plunkett, Moo, mouse1989, mr mac, Mr.Smoketoomuch, MrWhite, Mukky, myrlas, Nantwich girl, navislam, ned, Nemchoz, Newport, Ngog We Trust, ngogswilly, niallers, NLW2010, Número Nueve, ODZ, oxtailsoup, Paco, paddyberger, Paul, Paul Dave, PaulMcC, paulmx3, phil1694, Phoenix, Pidge, PiranhaBill, Ponz, Pool518, PoolG, Punk, PurpleNose, R.A.La, r1col, rafaisgod, Rafa_The_Gaffa, rage, Razoray, RazorBack, Reacher, Red Banjo, Red Baron II, Red Nick, RED.DUB, Redder Lurtz, redforever, redfromtubebar, RedIndian, redinoz, RedinSweden, redmann, RedMyst, redsfan, redskyatnight, Redtel, Red_or_Dead, richster, ricwest, ritchie, robbiefowler9, RobbieOR, RoboRiise, robslappa, rondeco, ronnie38, ronrover, Roy the Rover, Rustyjeffears, Ryehauge, SammyAftershave, Samsung, San Don, Sandman, satansmutt, Scouse Missionary, Seemann, seven of eleven, shea mc, Shifty, Shreddy, Simbo, SimonGodders, Singapore Red, sir roger, smicer07, smilezzz, smithy855, Sol18, Son of L8, Special K, Sponky, SPReds, sputnik, standing_fan, Stefan, stephen.archiba, StevieH, stevienando, Stirzy, Stormbringer, StuG, sub, sunny_LFC, Superjari, t1971, tea, Teflon Don, Teigen, Thants, The Albert Cock, The Big Green Bastard, The Big Step, The Bugged Out, The Chef, The Dude Abides, The Great Jacko, the paddock, The Party Boy, The Special One, The Tott, The-Sir, thechap, TheDrowningMan, TheHitman, ThewaytoRome, thompsonsnose, thuglife, TK-421, Tom R, TopMod, torresbabe, trigger, Trumo, Unrighteous, usernameunknown, Vallen, Vincent Vega, waddy78, Walton Park, Wee-bey, WilliamW, Wool Woolsson, Wudzy, Xherdan, Yozzer Jr. LFC, zico, Ziggy Stardust, Zippy

You can check? Who are the 4 that voted no then?