You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Six months worth of Hodgson's quotes

The Special One

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he says at one point

"Our supporters are a shower of knobheads. They say things like 'I can't believe the owners aren't sacking Hodgson and getting a new man in.' But being honest, who do they get in after me? Most of the half decent managers out there have clubs and being honest, if they don't get their next appointment right, it'll cost the club a lot of money and a lot of time."

You know. Something like that.

I hope he says

"Our supporters are a shower of knobheads. They easily get distracted by Rafa rumours, and all the while I am fucking up their club."

You can cut that out. When you start to feel sorry for him remember what he is doing to the club, how much he is getting for doing that and re read some of the shite he has spouted.

Or just watch any away game, that usually does the trick. I'm normally so tired I awake much later with a refreshed distain for him.

He is obviously not the right manager for our club, and to be fair, I've been saying that since the first few weeks of the season. I don't think he's a bad person though, and some of the stick he gets is a bit ott.

Besides not being the right manager for the club one thing is VERY obvious

Roy is not a fan!

He doesn't talk like a fan, nor does he seem to understand why we the fans behave and think the way we do. He just isn't one of us

It is clear that even our foreign coaches, Houllier and Rafa, were both fans of the club. They both still have intense love for our club, and it can clearly be seen even in their interviews at their other clubs, they still talk about us with love.

For Roy, this is simply another stepping stone, another name on his long list of clubs in his "illustrious" journeyman 35 year career.

He would be just as happy taking on the United job after Fergie, or the Chelsea job. All he wants is more big names to put on his resume.

This is clear for all to see. I don't blame him. Just that it proves again he isn't the right man for the club even on a personal level, let alone professionally

http://bit.ly/dYs41l..I'll put Reds long term future before my own..

looks like we have to thank Roy for Lucas and Skrtel

"I'll give you two examples; Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel. When I came to the club many were saying Liverpool needed better than that. But just by working with them and getting behind them and showing you believe in them, they become the players you want them to be.

"It is that delicate balance between having the courage to put your arm around someone and believing in them, and rejecting them and saying 'next please'. At the moment I am enjoying trying to get performances out of them

Read more: Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says he will put the club's long-term future before his own when it comes to transfer dealings in January - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Benitez put full faith in Lucas last season and if rumour is correct wanted him at Inter, some might argue he paid for it with his job trusting players like Lucas and Insua. For Roy to try and take credit for his natural improvement is wrong. He certainly wasn't rejected.

Christmas day quote from Roy's Christmas message:

"While our league form has been inconsistent, I've been delighted with our progress in the Europa League as we qualified for the knockout stage as group winners. We are still in a transitional period and looking to build the club back up again. There are still lots of games to go and lots of opportunities for us to pick up the points we need to achieve the position we desire in the Barclays Premier League."

Christmas day quote from Roy's Christmas message:

"While our league form has been inconsistent, I've been delighted with our progress in the Europa League as we qualified for the knockout stage as group winners. We are still in a transitional period and looking to build the club back up again. There are still lots of home games to go and lots of opportunities for us to pick up the points we need to achieve the top half position we desire in the Barclays Premier League."

Fixed.

Another classic one

Hodgson - No magic wand

Manager urges Reds supporters to be realistic

Roy Hodgson insists Liverpool fans cannot expect him to wave a magic wand and fix his side's problems.

The Reds, whose Boxing Day clash against Blackpool has been postponed due to the cold snap, currently sit mid-table having struggled in the Premier League this season, winning six out of their 17 games played so far.

A top four finish remains in under-pressure Hodgson's sights, but he has called for a sense of reality from the club's supporters.

Magic wand

"Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different," Hodgson said in the Sunday Mirror.

"Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn't exist.

"Two years ago people were suggesting Arsene Wenger had had a good run at Arsenal and it was time to bring in the man with the magic wand. That's what we have to live with."

Hodgson succeeded Rafa Benitez at Anfield in the summer having guided Fulham to the Europa League final last season.

And the manager feels his success at Craven Cottage has not helped the unreasonably lofty expectations placed upon him.

He said: "I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren't lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

"People may have thought I would turn it around and unfortunately that's not been the case and we have to battle in the same way that Rafael Benitez had to in the latter part of his time at the club.

"Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here.

"The fact that it hasn't gone as well as I'd have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.

"Yes, it's been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that's part of the business and the way things are.

"Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that. I can't do more and the players can't do more so we hope that work will turn our fortunes around and we get some batter results."

Hopeful

Regardless of his halting start to life on Merseyside, Hodgson remains hopeful of guiding the Reds back to UEFA Champions League football.

He added: "We still haven't given up the hope of finishing in the top four and reaching a Champions League spot and will not until it's mathematically impossible.

"I didn't inherit a top four team but I inherited some good players and I believe in them and the club. A bad start is always difficult to overcome."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Hodgson - No magic wand

Hodgson succeeded Rafa Benitez at Anfield in the summer having guided Fulham to the Europa League final last season.

And the manager feels his success at Craven Cottage has not helped the unreasonably lofty expectations placed upon him.

He said: "I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren't lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

Hahahaha!!!....

Yes, our expectations for this season suddenly ballooned when Hodgson was appointed. Based on his successful management of glory-draped Fulham, everyone was certain we were going to romp the league.

"Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that.

Where is this Roy Hodgson pedestal exactly? We build statues of truly great men, and no, we do not knock them down again.

Another classic one

Hodgson - No magic wand

Manager urges Reds supporters to be realistic

Roy Hodgson insists Liverpool fans cannot expect him to wave a magic wand and fix his side's problems.

The Reds, whose Boxing Day clash against Blackpool has been postponed due to the cold snap, currently sit mid-table having struggled in the Premier League this season, winning six out of their 17 games played so far.

A top four finish remains in under-pressure Hodgson's sights, but he has called for a sense of reality from the club's supporters.

Magic wand

"Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different," Hodgson said in the Sunday Mirror.

"Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn't exist.

"Two years ago people were suggesting Arsene Wenger had had a good run at Arsenal and it was time to bring in the man with the magic wand. That's what we have to live with."

"People may have thought I would turn it around and unfortunately that's not been the case and we have to battle in the same way that Rafael Benitez had to in the latter part of his time at the club.

"Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here.

"The fact that it hasn't gone as well as I'd have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.

"Yes, it's been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that's part of the business and the way things are.

"Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that. I can't do more and the players can't do more so we hope that work will turn our fortunes around and we get some batter results."

Hopeful

Regardless of his halting start to life on Merseyside, Hodgson remains hopeful of guiding the Reds back to UEFA Champions League football.

He added: "We still haven't given up the hope of finishing in the top four and reaching a Champions League spot and will not until it's mathematically impossible.

"I didn't inherit a top four team but I inherited some good players and I believe in them and the club. A bad start is always difficult to overcome."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Hodgson - No magic wand

Here we go again, unrealistic expectations and not understanding the game. Just fuck off Roy and take your random excuse generator with you.

"The fact that it hasn't gone as well as I'd have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham."

The only way that things not going well results wise can be offset is if performances have been good. Ours have been eye cancer. The fact that we have been playing like Fulham hasn't gone unnoticed Roy.

"Yes, it's been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that's part of the business and the way things are."

I don't have a clue what he is going on about now.

Roy, stop speaking.

Guest davelfc

I wish he would just fuck off, shove his magic wand where the sun don't shine. Does he think we are stupid? We are not expecting to win the league, we do expect better than what Roy is offering which we would get if we made his coat manager.

Hicks and gillets legacy is this man, a man who after 35 years dealing with the media handles them like an 18 year old lottery winner, a man who makes dinosaurs seem young with his footballing tactic. (yeah tactic!) a man who will shove anyone but himself in the firing line, shift blame, lower expectations, insult your intelligence. He's an arrogant cunt, he can't manage us but it's everyone elses fault.

His only achievement has been the speed he has turned an underachieving top four team into an underachieving mid table team, the whipping boys of the premiership. We are a fucking joke to most of the premiership on our travels. Rival fans don't take the piss, they just point and saw awwww.

Blackpool for fucks sake could smell blood yesterday and had the match not been postponed were feeling confident of the double over us, BLACKPOOL!

Ok, I'm not saying they would have but we are shit away under Roy.

If the owners carry on dithering then we will end up so far down the premiership we will lose players and struggle to attract decent players in. If he stays forget it, he attracts shit.

Roy is like a mechanic you've taken your Ferrari to with a slight engine misfire. You come back and he's got the whole thing rebuilt into a robin reliant that won't start. Just sack the cunt now! I hate him, I hate what he is doing, I hate what he is saying. I hate that he's making me feel like this.

Roy is like a mechanic you've taken your Ferrari to with a slight engine misfire. You come back and he's got the whole thing rebuilt into a robin reliant that won't start. Just sack the cunt now! I hate him, I hate what he is doing, I hate what he is saying. I hate that he's making me feel like this.

UTurn1.JPG

Priceless - you couldn't make this up.....

If anything we downgraded our expectations once he was appointed.....

Still I don't thing anyone expected the shit we have witnessed this season....

The yanks better get their finger out of their ass and get rid of this muppet before the fans turn against them....

"Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here."

I've tried resisting from commenting on Roy's comments (though fuck knows they haven't filled me with confidence) but, seriously Roy, you can fuck right off if you believe you've done a satisfactory job so far.

Right now we're entrenched in mid-table mediocrity, the squad is worse for the signings he's made, the football veers from absolute shite to merely boring, players feel isolated and unwanted, others are played out of position, our tactics are wholly negative, an away draw is considered a good result - and yet, according to Hodgson, everyone bar himself and the tea-lady at Melwood is responsible for our problems.

He's right in one respect though: there is plenty of work to do - it's just that there's more work to do since Roy came in and put his own unique stamp on the club.