You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Six months worth of Hodgson's quotes

The Special One

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like him to say:

'For 35 years i have been a secret gay and have come to realise that leading this double life is bad for all concerned. To rectify this matter i have decided to resign from Liverpool Football Club with immediate effect and move in with my long term bad gay lover, Sir Alex Fergie and we will spend the rest of our lives in matrimonial bliss in a secluded cottage in Iceland'

I hope he says at one point

"Our supporters are a shower of knobheads. They say things like 'I can't believe the owners aren't sacking Hodgson and getting a new man in.' But being honest, who do they get in after me? Most of the half decent managers out there have clubs and being honest, if they don't get their next appointment right, it'll cost the club a lot of money and a lot of time."

You know. Something like that.

Guest davelfc
They discussed the idiotic rumours? And he responded?

He couldn't win with that one. He had to answer something the problem is he doesn't engage brain before speaking.

Guest ShoePiss
Here's his ESPN interview:

[YOUTUBE]BY6ftx9CqSM[/YOUTUBE]

Dissect his every word, people.

Don't take up chewing like your good friend Sir Alex, take up retirement.

Guest davelfc

I remember once Dario Gradi said to me once, players that you've won something with, you've got a special bond with them whatever. You can go years and years without meeting but when you meet them again the bond's there immediately because together you forged something which brought you both success.

I can imagine it would be years and years in Roy's case.

I remember once Dario Gradi said to me once, players that you've won something with, you've got a special bond with them whatever. You can go years and years without meeting but when you meet them again the bond's there immediately because together you forged something which brought you both success.

I can imagine it would be years and years in Roy's case.

Wow. Dario Gradi. What a story. Another glass of port to toast our wonderful manager, methinks.

Guest davelfc

Given the changes that needed to be made, what did you think was realistic for Liverpool this season?

I don't think we should ever write off the possibility of top four at Liverpool, even after a bad start. Point wise we're not ludicrously divorced from the 4th spot and there's still over half the season left to play.

So I won't ever publicly say top 4 isn't realistic for us but I can only hope that if we don't reach it people will understand that maybe it was the bridge too far this season. But I hope that we'll have made a lot of progress and built a much better foundation so that next season, especially if that investment in the team is made, top four will have to be the undoubted target.

What age do Scandies get to draw pensions at ?

Roy can always try to bump into a few in the queue.

Given the changes that needed to be made, what did you think was realistic for Liverpool this season?

I don't think we should ever write off the possibility of top four at Liverpool, even after a bad start. Point wise we're not ludicrously divorced from the 4th spot and there's still over half the season left to play.

So I won't ever publicly say top 4 isn't realistic for us but I can only hope that if we don't reach it people will understand that maybe it was the bridge too far this season. But I hope that we'll have made a lot of progress and built a much better foundation so that next season, especially if that investment in the team is made, top four will have to be the undoubted target.

He could have just said: " A possibility this season. A definite target for next." But I like all those words that Roy used much better. "Ludicrously divorced" was my very favourite bit; he reads books, does Roy, don't you know.

I think he comes across okay in that video, to be honest. I'm definitely starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Doesn't mean I want him to stay in charge of our club of course, but the only thing I found disagreeable there was the hints of xenophobia.

Guest davelfc
I think he comes across okay in that video, to be honest. I'm definitely starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Doesn't mean I want him to stay in charge of our club of course, but the only thing I found disagreeable there was the hints of xenophobia.

You can cut that out. When you start to feel sorry for him remember what he is doing to the club, how much he is getting for doing that and re read some of the shite he has spouted.

Or just watch any away game, that usually does the trick. I'm normally so tired I awake much later with a refreshed distain for him.

He could have just said: " A possibility this season. A definite target for next." But I like all those words that Roy used much better. "Ludicrously divorced" was my very favourite bit; he reads books, does Roy, don't you know.

So we have to wait until next season for a top 4 challenge? That should be this season with our squad next season should be the title challenge. Please go Roy so I can become a footy fan again?