You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC set for FA compensation (£500k)

Monster Masch

Sky Sports | Football | England | Reds set for FA compensation

Liverpool are set to receive an estimated £500,000 in compensation from the insurers of the Football Association for the injury suffered by Steven Gerrard on England duty.

It has been confirmed by the FA that the governing body's insurers will pay out after the Reds skipper sustained a tear in his hamstring in the midweek defeat to France.

Gerrard has been ruled out for a month in the wake of the setback, which was sustained when he played 25 minutes longer against Les Bleus than had been originally agreed between England and Liverpool.

The injury could have a significant impact on his side's season after a recent revival came to an end at Stoke last Saturday.

The FA has been anxious to point out the cash will not come directly from them but an insurance scheme that has been set up, which has already paid out to Arsenal and Tottenham for injuries sustained by Theo Walcott and Jermain Defoe.

Michael Owen was the subject of one of the more expensive claims when he was injured on World Cup duty in 2006.

The FA is one of the few national associations that run such an insurance scheme.

Wednesday night's opponents France do not, while many smaller nations simply could not afford the premiums to cover their star players

I just asked Ferdinand on twitter why he was taken off before Stevie.

I also my have used the word Smackhead.

Still livid. He complains of a tight hamstring on Wednesday and they move heaven and earth. He's now probably fit. Gerrard is utterly crocked running himself into the ground for a team that have routinely shafted him, giving the captaincy to every reprehensible twat who walks into the Wembley dressing room, and making him play every position on the field to accommodate lesser lights. But hey, so long as Ferdinand is 100% fit for a game against fucking Wigan, then the FA have kissed the relevant arses and shite to the rest of us.

I utterly, utterly despise international football.

Guest San Don
Still livid. He complains of a tight hamstring on Wednesday and they move heaven and earth. He's now probably fit. Gerrard is utterly crocked running himself into the ground for a team that have routinely shafted him, giving the captaincy to every reprehensible twat who walks into the Wembley dressing room, and making him play every position on the field to accommodate lesser lights. But hey, so long as Ferdinand is 100% fit for a game against fucking Wigan, then the FA have kissed the relevant arses and shite to the rest of us.

I utterly, utterly despise international football.

Pretty much agree with all this. Still Im certain whelan has already told his players not to give united too hard a game at the weekend.

“I’m simply refusing to prolong a debate. Darren, in his naivety and his frustration was foolish enough to voice an opinion on a Twitter page and that’s led to these two days of vitriol and I think it’s time that it stopped. I can do nothing about Steven’s injury, he can do nothing, it’s a fact of life and we’ve got to live with it. I’m just determined to focus on tomorrow’s very important game against West Ham.”

Spoken like a true England manager.

I know you're pining for the national job Hodgson, but while you're at your second choice could you actually you know fucking defend us for once. We've lost our best player and that's the best you can come up with?

Fuck off you fucking spineless cretin.