You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all is confirmed it is quite embarrassing day to a liverpool supporter

Listen lid'

You were wrong on Suarez (totally convinced he wasn't signing, and reiterated each and every fucking minute), so unless you have anything constructive to add (criticism as well as praise) shut up!

The cunt is leaving and left us in a heap load of shit, the King is at the helm and we need to be sticking together!

It isn't ideal, far from it, but until we can see how this turns out we will have to get on with it!

Things could be far worse, we could stilll be facing a relegation battle with fucking Joan Hickson as our manager

Carroll is a monster and shits on defenders all the time. 35m in 2 years will look like a bargin. He is young, clearly got talent and will being something to liverpool we have not had in ages... someone how can head the fucking ball and win headers from longballs.

Roy's gone, did'nt you hear.

Listen lid'

You were wrong on Suarez (totally convinced he wasn't signing, and reiterated each and every fucking minute), so unless you have anything constructive to add (criticism as well as praise) shut up!

The cunt is leaving and left us in a heap load of shit, the King is at the helm and we need to be sticking together!

It isn't ideal, far from it, but until we can see how this turns out we will have to get on with it!

Things could be far worse, we could stilll be facing a relegation battle with fucking Joan Hickson as our manager

Sorry lid,

I was blinded by the light!

Sorry lid,

I was blinded by the light!

Haha!

If it all goes tits up feel free to bring this up, every single time I offer an opinion!

And if it helps, I did suggest we bought Christian Paulson this time last year! (although thankfully nobody remembered I said so!)

I'm not too bothered about the price to be honest. There are better players out there, but they don't seem to be available. Benzema is playing for Real and Mourinho has seen what he can offer now. Llorente is Madrid-bound. Aguero is staying put. Milito's too old, Forlan likewise. Pato and Eto'o wouldn't come. Huntelaar is shit. Lukaku is much more of a gamble.

Carroll has pace, height, a good touch and an eye for goal. He's strong and knows the league, he's also very young. He will bully defenders, which is the one thing we really missed when Torres wasn't up for it (in far too many games). It's too much, but it's too much for the right deal in my opinion.

Also, he is a magnet for defenders, Gerrard, Suarez, Maxi, Kuyt will all benefit with more space and opportunities now.

Quite excited by this actually. Sure, 35 million is way too much based on current achievements by the lad, but I'm actually stunned they are letting him go. He's been varying between good and very good the 5 or 6 times I've seen him play, and as many have already mentioned, he's virtually inplayable when on form. We've seriously lacked aerial prowess since Sami (and Crouch) left, and even if the Rashids of this world want us to play like Barca home and away, I think one thing we all know is that you need this kind of outlet to get results away from home. A lot of people will react to the thinking of having a striker back for set pieces, but Carroll will mean atleast 6-8 goals difference in defensive/attacking set pieces, of that I am sure. He is basically Crouch with physical power and heading ability. Not as quick feet, but a far more powerful shot on him.

As I said, I'm really surprised Newcastle are letting him go, as he's a really valuable asset for any team, and could go on to be a Shearer type player in terms of goals. He's not going to win a lot of sprints, but attacking play is all about complimenting each other, and if we can get Adam in to deliver his set pieces we will have a deadly combination. I'm willing to argue that the 45 m spent on those two will be worth it just to be really dangerous on set pieces for the first time in decades (the treble season being the exception).