You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henry says he expects Hodgson to be here next season

Nathanzx

He's right though Nick, anyone who doesn't want to be here can do one.

Always said that and always will.

I agree with him as well as I think any LFC fan will.

If Torres hasnt got the balls to tell him Roy is his problem then he probably aint got the ball to ask to leave either

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said before I am pretty sure that the owners want to leave Hodgson in place until the end of the season as they dont want to make an interim change and believe there candidate is going to be more available in the summer.

Obviously if there is a fallout in Jan over transfers he will be gone then or we start losing.

However if the players who arent currently playing for him decide to play we should have an ok season and allow the club to make the right decisions going forward

I dont think results will keep Hodgson in a job

But Henry, who spent most of this week on Merseyside meeting with manager Roy Hodgson, has pledged to provide the leadership required to attract players to the club who want to be there and insists that any player no longer wishing to remain can leave with his blessing.

Click

bye bye Hodgson.

Because he's dead average, was never wanted here, was hired with the ambition to tread water rather than succeed but somehow you ignore that.

His record speaks for itself. Because you weren't a Benitez bummer and you'd decided long before with your friends that he should go, that doesn't excuse his predecessor from utter mediocrity and the abysmal showing he's given us so far. Incredibly, some were a bit pissed off with the way the ex manager was treated, others hoped for a better replacement, so on and so forth. What we've ended up with is a boat load of hypocrisy and even more division and aggravation, not to mention the shite dished out on the field.

The Benitez haters will love Hodgson regardless and the Benitez lovers will hate Hodgson regardless, tedium personified but in between, there's a group of supporters just hoping for a bit of entertainment, pass and move, God forbid, a bit of class and bottle from the manager and a few decent results to celebrate.

Lost me point now, just typing for the sake of it, hope we beat Chelsea, ra.

I didn't/don't hate Rafa, have never formed an opinion "with friends" (bizarre that - are you mixing me up with someone else?) and don't see Roy as being immune to criticism. My point was about the vitriolic nature of the criticism after an incredibly short amount of time.

There's some good points in this thread. I'll spoil it now by throwing my two pence in.

Who is in charge of transfers? No-one, or Commoli or Hodgson or Henry or all of them?

He has already said it will be a group decision.

Are we keeping our best players? Or are we telling anyone who wants to leave they can go?

He said people who want to leave can leave. The key is to create a club where no-one wants to leave.

Top four is the target...anything less then he should be removed.

The only problem I have with that is that by next summer and another finish outside the top 4 I think Torres will pack his bags, which I don't want to see. These players are good enough for the top four especially with 1 or 2 decent January signings. Action should be taken if we are anywhere below the top 12 at the end of November

Dont be surprised if he is removed even if we make top four

If we finish top four and Hodgson is removed he will, rightly, feel aggrieved.

Having said that, if he is replaced with a man who can get us playing better football, and who will come to build a dynasty and take us back to the very top, then I'm all for it.

If we finish top four and Hodgson is removed he will, rightly, feel aggrieved.

Having said that, if he is replaced with a man who can get us playing better football, and who will come to build a dynasty and take us back to the very top, then I'm all for it.

Lets put it another way he could finish 6th and still keep his job if he could convince Henry he was the man to bring his vision through and show he can work with talent and not fall back on the safe option.

However as Henry Winter (A Hodgson fan) puts it, the wrting is very much on hte wall.

I expect the first signs of how it will work out to come during the transfer window and if he plays the players Comolli brings in etc

The only problem I have with that is that by next summer and another finish outside the top 4 I think Torres will pack his bags, which I don't want to see. These players are good enough for the top four especially with 1 or 2 decent January signings. Action should be taken if we are anywhere below the top 12 at the end of November

Realistically i cant see them getting rid of him before then though.

whether he should or not is different question.

Guest davelfc
Probably but he thinks expectations are too high rather than him being rubbish

I agree, he's had fans of lower clubs telling him for years he's great because he achieved more than they hoped.

He has spent some time trying to lower our expectations in order to bring us in to line and appreciate just how good he really is.

I've noticed that it's worked for some people.

Nail on the head comes to mind,were only a few points away man city in termoil i think nesv have missed a trick here ,couple of good signings and a new direction and we wouldnt be far away

How can transfers be a group decision though? Do we need to have three or four people in agreement before we can sign anyone? How is that going to work? If it's simply a case of: scout recommends player, manager wants to sign player, owner agrees to pay the money then that is fair enough, but that's how transfer business normally works anyway. Describing it as a "group decision" makes it sound more complicated than that.

Alos, what if we try to bring in a top manager and he doesn't want to work with Comolli? Implementing the system before bringing in a new manager seems like putting the cart before the horse, unless Hodgson is in fact here for the long-term. Most top-level managers can pick and choose where they go, and will rightly want things done their own way where transfers and scouting are concerned.

I know everone wants to see the positive side of things right now, and that's fair enough given what we've had to put up with, but I definitely have my reservations about this move.

Im not going to quote Beejay as its only just been done but i disagree with what you have posted mate.

I think NESV have done exactly right in keeping Hodgson for the time being and that is from someone who wants the manager replaced.

NESV are currently getting together a backroom team they are confident in taking the club forward and once this team is in place they will then look at the managers position.

Henry himself was at pains to state that Hodgson is the right man for the job 'at this present time' in that other things are taking shape off the field which takes the priority.

NESV are taking the long term view with the club and there will be no quick overhaul but what they appear to be doing is getting people in who they can obviously trust but it may well be the case of waiting until the summer before a change of manager happens but when it does it will be a well thought out appointment rather then a kneejerk one.

Henry repeatedly makes reference to the Arsenal model and this is something we are obviously going to copy but to me Hodgson and Wenger are polar opposites in their philosphy to football and this is why i can not see Hodgson remaining in the job.

NESV will appoint a manager with the ethos of Wenger who will then be given time to build a young, hungry for success squad.

I can understand why you think we should not be bounced into a kneejerk reaction and frankly, if there was any evidence on the pitch that we are benefitting from the stability that keeping Hodgson in place brings, then I would have to agree with you.

But my view is that clinical surgery now, at this early stage, will reap greater rewards than keeping a dead man walking until the end of the season, or whenever NESV get their act together.

We look such a desperately poor side under Hodgson's tactics and my fear is that we will either finish the season in midtable, meaning we start the rebuilding from a low point, perhaps with the likes of Torres & Reina determined to leave or alternatively, we are so bad that the owners are finally forced to deliver the axe which will again leave us in disarray.

How can transfers be a group decision though? Do we need to have three or four people in agreement before we can sign anyone? How is that going to work? If it's simply a case of: scout recommends player, manager wants to sign player, owner agrees to pay the money then that is fair enough, but that's how transfer business normally works anyway. Describing it as a "group decision" makes it sound more complicated than that.

Alos, what if we try to bring in a top manager and he doesn't want to work with Comolli? Implementing the system before bringing in a new manager seems like putting the cart before the horse, unless Hodgson is in fact here for the long-term. Most top-level managers can pick and choose where they go, and will rightly want things done their own way where transfers and scouting are concerned.

I know everone wants to see the positive side of things right now, and that's fair enough given what we've had to put up with, but I definitely have my reservations about this move.

No, i think it's pretty obvious that when it comes down to it, someone is going to have the final say but only when there is disagreement. What i was really replying to was the suggestion that Henry was being unclear in his answers and i didn't think he was at all.

Again, i think the aim is going to be to find a consensus whenever possible but if it comes to it i think Commoli (my hunch) is going to have the final say.

I can understand why you think we should not be bounced into a kneejerk reaction and frankly, if there was any evidence on the pitch that we are benefitting from the stability that keeping Hodgson in place brings, then I would have to agree with you.

But my view is that clinical surgery now, at this early stage, will reap greater rewards than keeping a dead man walking until the end of the season, or whenever NESV get their act together.

We look such a desperately poor side under Hodgson's tactics and my fear is that we will either finish the season in midtable, meaning we start the rebuilding from a low point, perhaps with the likes of Torres & Reina determined to leave or alternatively, we are so bad that the owners are finally forced to deliver the axe which will again leave us in disarray.

I agree mate i would get rid of Hodgson asap but i think that decision will be made when the CEO is in place.

We have the Chairman and the DOF and i don't think it will be long before a CEO is appointed and when that happens i can see Roy leaving.

Unless of course during that time we have continued our current run of wins.

As regards to the point earlier posted by someone regards Arsenal not winning anything they have been busy making sure that their future is secured in the building of the new stadium.

Over the next couple of years they will have dropped the debt down by that much they should be rolling in money.

When you consider the UEFA financial ruling Arsenal have put themselves into a very strong position and im sure if he wanted to Wenger would have a lot of money available to him for transfers.

Arsenal's biggest problem is the potential hostile take over and whether or not any new owner would seek to put the debt on the club.

To be fair I've been pretty pleased with most of what our new owners have said so far (not including the gaff the other day about the 39th game of course).

Maybe, we ought to actually get behind Roy as best as we can, and in the meantime trust that our new owners are far from stupid and will make a change should that be appropiate? Just a thought.

Guest San Don

I need to be convinced that a group making decision on transfers is a good thing. It was bad enough when we had 2 managers making that decision.

He said people who want to leave can leave. The key is to create a club where no-one wants to leave.

He said this too and added the idea is to give those players the environment where they dont want to leave.

I think he's putting down a marker to anyone who wants to leave that if they do, it wont be because the new owners arent trying to improve the club.

No, i think it's pretty obvious that when it comes down to it, someone is going to have the final say but only when there is disagreement. What i was really replying to was the suggestion that Henry was being unclear in his answers and i didn't think he was at all.

Again, i think the aim is going to be to find a consensus whenever possible but if it comes to it i think Commoli (my hunch) is going to have the final say.

I think its pretty clear there is already a set of ground rules that Hodgson isnt going to like (Rafa would have hated them too) Basically its looks like players under a certain age (25 at a guess) who will actually increase there transfer value rather than decrease. Rather than Poulsen, koncheslky and Mierles who we wont get our money back on.

I agree, he's had fans of lower clubs telling him for years he's great because he achieved more than they hoped.

He has spent some time trying to lower our expectations in order to bring us in to line and appreciate just how good he really is.

I've noticed that it's worked for some people.

Nah, it's already been done.

I don't agree with people when they say you have to win trophies

The problem with Liverpool is that it is a top side and everyone is expecting every single year to win trophies, trophies, trophies. The main thing is that the other teams are very strong so if you cannot win one or two games – you lose against Spurs and then against Aston Villa – the people say 'you cannot, you cannot'. This brings more pressure and sometimes it is difficult to manage the pressure for the players also.

Remember who said those quotes? Well it wasn't Roy.