You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dundee

Cardie

The away stand at Dens is named after Bob Shankly. My old man supports Dundee (as well as the reds). They were a big force under Shankly from what I can gather. I remember tales of epic wins over Cologne and Sporting as well as playing AC Milan in european cup semi-final and Leeds in Uefa cup semi-final (what was then called the fairs cup i think). Apparently one year Liverpool were having a bad season and at roughly the midway point they came up and played Dundee in a friendly absolutely tonking them and then went on a blistering run in the league ending in us winning it. Not sure what season this was.

It's all very sad and I feel gutted for their fans. They were told the first time they went into admin that this would never happen again. A fans group expressed concerns about their current chairman operating as a sugar daddy some time ago but nothing happened, he's now fucked off and the fans are left to pick up the pieces again. Similarly to ourselves they've had some utter tits involved with their club. They had a director called Giovanni Di Stefano who seems to constantly imagine money which doesn't exist. He's a lawyer and said he'd defend Hitler successfully in court given the chance. He actually has represented Saddam Hussein and chemical Ali. All in all it's fairly mad what's gone on there.

It's always said when this happens to a club. It would be fantastic if SOS could get something sorted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ron Yeats start out with them? Or was that Dundee United?

I think Rowdy came from the Tannadice lot.

Sad for Dundee though & I hope they sort it out financially.

With all the celebrating I forgot about them, just watching on Sky Sports that the club has been taken apart from players to office staff all sacked today.

First thing a Examiner does it cut out needless spending so usually non playing staff are first to go,non-essential backroom staff follow soon and then The big earners and longterm injured players.

Hopefully their fans grouping is on the ball because with debts like that hanging over them its unlikely they'll survive so the fans have a real oportunity to become a completly fan run club.

1 game against the old-firm would probably save the club

Brilliant result for Dundee yesterday after having nearly all their players sacked on the Friday, the remaining 11 go out at Stirling and fight for their club and get a 1-1 draw which is class. I think it would be fitting if the SOS helped Dundee in gathering up money that could get them out of being wound up!!