You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson to Real Madrid????

AGGERaphobic

Even in his prime, what does he add?

A couple of assists and goals per season, is that really worthy of a £40m price tag for a 'creative' midfielder.

Xabi is a great asset for European and away games, but for most games he's not needed. Plus the fact that he needs a more defensive minded midfielder next to him to make him effective, even though he's not the most attacking centre mid himself, I don't think he would be worth £40m + Johnson.

If we were going to spend £40m + Johnson on someone it would have to be a player like Sneijder, Ozil or Gourcuff for me, not Alonso.

I'm not saying they would want to join us either, I'm just saying Alonso isn't worth that much money!

Maybe you have a point. Its probobly just heart over head syndrome.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is wildly inconsistent and I think it's clear that we can do better, particularly defensively. If we get a good enough offer for him (circa £10 million) I would take it. But then I would get rid of quite a lot of our current squad to be fair. Babel, Lucas, Poulsen, Konchesky, Jones, Kuyt, Jovanovic and possibly a few others.

---------------------------Rioja---------------------------------

Jameson--------Tequila----------------Lager-----------Contrenau

----------------Bailey-----------------Cherry (B)--------------------

Mackeson------------------------Cinzano---------------------------Absinthe

-----------------------------Remy--------------------------------

*Spews*

What a team, what a night, what a hangover.

This is either a conspiracy to fool us into thinking he is worth keeping, when all opponents know that he is a liability to exploit....or maybe they have nothing better to write about. Of course, Roy is hardly going to drop an English right-back, after getting us an English left-back instead of a superior, younger and cheaper Mexican one...

He is wildly inconsistent and I think it's clear that we can do better, particularly defensively. If we get a good enough offer for him (circa £10 million) I would take it. But then I would get rid of quite a lot of our current squad to be fair. Babel, Lucas, Poulsen, Konchesky, Jones, Kuyt, Jovanovic and possibly a few others.

I agree with all those names listed, and it is quite scary three of them were brought in by Roy alone.

Four of those seven signed this summer. We're a bit shit now aren't we.:|

There is nothing wrong with an attacking RB but for it to work you need a balanced midfield. Barcelona usually bomb the fullbacks forward but it works because the midfield is so tight that they are ready for counterattacks. Spain does it too, Ramos bombs up field and they have strong center backs and a solid mid should they loose possession. We need a true controlling CM to replace the irreplaceable Xabi. Should we fix this and Johnson attacking a bit will be nice to see.

It's a rubbish site but the Daily Mail had the Johnson stroy so there may be something in that.

The Daily Mail - The home of honest, accurate, non-biased reporting.

I've seen a few people on here big up the Mail. Since when did that fucking rag become any type of authority on anything? It's the 'broadsheet' version of the S*n, and owned by the same sychophantic twats as well.

Come on chaps, improve the calibre of your daily digest.

Cicinho? Seriously? The problem most have with Johnson is that he's a bit rubbish defensively(not helped by our appalling CB's), well, Cicinho is no better in that regard, worse actually.

I'd keep Glen. Instead I'd sign a couple of pacy, athletic CB's that can cope on their own.

this ^

Carra is shot and Skrtel is a liability

The Daily Mail - The home of honest' date=' accurate, non-biased reporting.

I've seen a few people on here big up the Mail. Since when did that fucking rag become any type of authority on anything? It's the 'broadsheet' version of the S*n, and owned by the same sychophantic twats as well.

Come on chaps, improve the calibre of your daily digest.[/quote']

In my defence mate i read it on B.B.C teletext never brought the Daily Mail in my life ;)