You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The club is sold

Scouse_Datcha

I may be wrong, but I think they have reached a conclusion that they would be good owners. Just like I am completely against them. Seems like more people are reaching conclusions than you give them credit for.

Nobdoy has reached any conclusions. As has been said, Precaution is good but you know no more than we do. Wait and see.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally under whelmed by this,anyone saying we dont need a city type owner is fooling them selves.

we need owners who can provide as much money as is needed,and on a regular basis.

maybe this guy can,i dont know as we dont know the full details,but it certainly doesnt seem like hes that sort.

all i know is,h&g didnt come into the club expecting the out come that has occurred,they seemed genuine when they took over,we all liked the idea that they wernt sugar daddies,they told us they had the money to do things properly.

it turned out they didnt have enough money,not enough to make them dip into their own pockets in any how.

on the face of it this whole thing just feels like de ja vu to me.

People need to stop looking at the personal wealth of Henry as its not him personally who is trying to buy us but his sports investment group.

Lets just say they wipe off the debt so thats £40m a year the club is better off straight away.

In the very near future there is going to be an increase in TV money recieved due to the internet rights expected to be included so that an increase in revenue again.

Whilst the marketing/merchandise has improved it can be made even better by increasing our presence in Asia and the US so potential increase in money there.

Then you have the new stadium which whilst the owners do not have the wealth to personally build they can easily borrow the money over a long term agreement which will be helped by 'future profits' and the expected 'naming rights'.

So as you can see there is money to be made from the club but its vital we get the inital purchase debt off as its this that is holding the club back.

There is no way the club under new ownerships of NESV would be debt free but its all about how the debt would be structured and no doubt over a long term agreement rather then the high interest short term loans we have been having under Hicks and Gillett.

They have to be doing a leveraged purchase surely. He certainly won't be dipping into his personal fortune.

So where is the new debt going to be placed ?

Anyone know how the Red Sox were bought ?

Red sox were bought by being leveraged

People need to stop looking at the personal wealth of Henry as its not him personally who is trying to buy us but his sports investment group.

Lets just say they wipe off the debt so thats £40m a year the club is better off straight away.

In the very near future there is going to be an increase in TV money recieved due to the internet rights expected to be included so that an increase in revenue again.

Whilst the marketing/merchandise has improved it can be made even better by increasing our presence in Asia and the US so potential increase in money there.

Then you have the new stadium which whilst the owners do not have the wealth to personally build they can easily borrow the money over a long term agreement which will be helped by 'future profits' and the expected 'naming rights'.

So as you can see there is money to be made from the club but its vital we get the inital purchase debt off as its this that is holding the club back.

There is no way the club under new ownerships of NESV would be debt free but its all about how the debt would be structured and no doubt over a long term agreement rather then the high interest short term loans we have been having under Hicks and Gillett.

sounds exactly like something that would have been said when h&g took over.

basing success on monies we havnt made yet is dangerous imo.

totally under whelmed by this,anyone saying we dont need a city type owner is fooling them selves.

we need owners who can provide as much money as is needed,and on a regular basis.

maybe this guy can,i dont know as we dont know the full details,but it certainly doesnt seem like hes that sort.

all i know is,h&g didnt come into the club expecting the out come that has occurred,they seemed genuine when they took over,we all liked the idea that they wernt sugar daddies,they told us they had the money to do things properly.

it turned out they didnt have enough money,not enough to make them dip into their own pockets in any how.

on the face of it this whole thing just feels like de ja vu to me.

Why do we need City type owners?

First off the most important thing is the manager, get the right man for the job and you are half way there. City have a decent manager but one who is hardly a world beater.

Then there is the fact that under new rules you will only be able to spend what you make, so regardless of if your owner is the richest man in the world it will have to be club profits that are re-invested, EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE.

Finally with money come mercenaries. I'd rather have 11 men or 25 men that understand our cause, have chosen us over the Sheikh's cash and promises of instant wealth and are here for the right reasons.

You can keep your oligarchs and your sheiks as far as I'm concerned. Give me savvy owners that want to run the club at a profit and will give that extra push when the time is right. If NESV can do this for us (and they've shown they can do it in general) they are perfect owners for us.

How likely are they to just wipe out the debt though. Wont they put the purchase of the club as more debt? Surely they arent just going to wipe out the debt out of their own money?

"By removing the burden of acquisition debt, this offer allows us to focus on investment in the team. I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale."

What part of that suggests leveraged buyout?

I may be wrong, but I think they have reached a conclusion that they would be good owners. Just like I am completely against them. Seems like more people are reaching conclusions than you give them credit for.

We'll have to agree to disagree we've got a couple of posters who are into US sports stating that the potential owners are different to C&A and then others , such as yourself, who are against them. I suspect, given the previous ownership debacle that far more people are in the wait and see camp then either of the above two.

Why do we need City type owners?

First off the most important thing is the manager, get the right man for the job and you are half way there. City have a decent manager but one who is hardly a world beater.

Then there is the fact that under new rules you will only be able to spend what you make, so regardless of if your owner is the richest man in the world it will have to be club profits that are re-invested, EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE.

Finally with money come mercenaries. I'd rather have 11 men or 25 men that understand our cause, have chosen us over the Sheikh's cash and promises of instant wealth and are here for the right reasons.

You can keep your oligarchs and your sheiks as far as I'm concerned. Give me savvy owners that want to run the club at a profit and will give that extra push when the time is right. If NESV can do this for us (and they've shown they can do it in general) they are perfect owners for us.

I don't want City type owners, but what is to stop Sheikh Mansour sponsoring Man City for £200m per season and having his name on their shirts. This money becomes part of their legitimate turnover and circumvents the rules. If Platini tried to close this loophole, then he'd lose in court as he's limiting earning potential. City will continue to invest loads by taking a longer way round to the same result.

City will not stop spending anytime soon, regardless of the rules.

"By removing the burden of acquisition debt, this offer allows us to focus on investment in the team. I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale."

What part of that suggests leveraged buyout?

"this will not be a glazer type buy out"

The debt won't be on the club, but chances are, we will be on the hook for it. They can place the debt on NESV's books and take dividends to pay it. They will find a way round it. This is not a consortium of multi-billionaires.

I don't want City type owners, but what is to stop Sheikh Mansour sponsoring Man City for £200m per season and having his name on their shirts. This money becomes part of their legitimate turnover and circumvents the rules. If Platini tried to close this loophole, then he'd lose in court as he's limiting earning potential. City will continue to invest loads by taking a longer way round to the same result.

City will not stop spending anytime soon, regardless of the rules.

I don't really care if City spend a billion on their first 11, they are still 11 human beings and we can still beat the fuckers and the same goes for anyone. What we need to do is concentrate on how we can make the most of OUR side both financially and of course on the pitch. That's all I and most people want.

Let City spend billions, it makes no difference as long as we're once again LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.

The debt won't be on the club, but chances are, we will be on the hook for it. They can place the debt on NESV's books and take dividends to pay it. They will find a way round it. This is not a consortium of multi-billionaires.

They said that, not the man charged with selling the club who doesn't have is own interests in lying to us.

People should be skeptical, they'd be foolish not to be after the last three years we've had. We don't need new owners to be Abramovich or a Shiekh, how many times have people said they'd rather have owners who run us well and we don't overspend? Hopefully NESV fit that profile, I can see why they'd bid as Liverpool and Boston are not dissimiliar and the teams' profiles are similar.

In a perfect world I'd prefer other owners as I have a fond affection for the Red Sox. But we all have to just wait and see, one thing's for certain, the new owners will be heavily scrutinized by all fans if they buy us. And they'll be more than aware of what will happen if they try the same tricks as G&H.

So if the debt isn't on us and we are clearing our debt, where's the problem again?

How from what you've just said is this a bad thing?

Do you think all of this consortium are going to go bankrupt or something because I highly doubt it.

Henry is known for playing the long haul game in futures markets so I doubt if he has a bad year or two he kills us off like the Yanks would, he's know for winning big or cutting his losses, how is this not better than the situation we're in now?

So if the debt isn't on us and we are clearing our debt, where's the problem again?

How from what you've just said is this a bad thing?

Do you think all of this consortium are going to go bankrupt or something because I highly doubt it.

Henry is known for playing the long haul game in futures markets so I doubt if he has a bad year or two he kills us off like the Yanks would, he's know for winning big or cutting his losses, how is this not better than the situation we're in now?

Because we'll still be paying for the privilege of having someone own us. It's that simple. Fair enough, the club won't go bust, but I don't believe the club will go bust even with the current cunts that own us. Too big to fail.

That money that will be paying in dividends is similar to the money we are paying RBS, except with better guarantees.

And what were Parry's comments at the time?

Parry was a fan and had no in vested interest in lying to us.

Believe that and you will believe anything. Parry hardly walked away poor did he?

He was either incompetent or a shitehawk, either way neither can be levelled at broughton.

I could see a mile off Gillett and Hicks were the wrong people for us and so could any fucker who could use google.

Speaking of shitehawks, just how much did Parry put in Hawkpoints pockets for doing FUCK ALL.