You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is to blame?

ElScouser13

Who is to blame?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame?

• The Players
    • Gillett & Hicks
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Previous Managers

Some of our so called supporters would blame H&G if the weather turned shit, they are the easy & convenient scapegoat when it suits. One of the main problems are the players, where is their professional pride? At the moment torres attitude fucking stinks, as it looks like he does'nt want to be here, & you know what, he is trying to blame the owners for this, which is basically a shit house trick to probably try & get a move to some where else

Yeah....if Torres would just cut and run H and G would get it sussed in no time.

Good stuff here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for the last 3 years of broken promises and constant lies - G&H

but if where talking about the position of liverpool in the table this season the poor excuse we have of a manager along with the crab he brought in poulsen who makes me miss lucas

I was watching when he said that an almost spat at the tv.

I mean people actually listen to him and believe the things he says , I was right fucked off with that bullshit.

Im going to to tell you an argument I had on Facebook with some Spurs fans last night. He basically said that he doesnt know why we are protesting at the owners. They have thrown decent money at the club and they sacked a manager that everyone hated and that we should concentrate on supporting our team. Sure they've bought Torres havent they he said? He also said that most clubs in England are in debt and they dont protest so why should we?

If he had of said it to me in college today I would have went for him, its the sort of shit that Sky spout and after Stellings comments last weekend that we should concentrate on supporting our team I'd say there are gullible mongs out there who are spouting that shite a pub near you.

If he had of said it to me in college today I would have went for him, its the sort of shit that Sky spout and after Stellings comments last weekend that we should concentrate on supporting our team I'd say there are gullible mongs out there who are spouting that shite a pub near you.

We should email the fuck out of SkySportNews.

For the hell of it, if nothing else.

I'd find space for the fans who spent last year attacking Benitez rather than Tom and George, and who continue to prop up the owners financially now.

How do you mean? "Prop up the owners financially"? Do you mean the people who go the games still? Genuine question, as it just seems a bit of a sweeping statement to make.

There is no 'all of the above' or 'Other' option. That makes it a shit poll.

Agreed. Not only shit but typical of the way Sky want fans to think: singular problems and singular solutions. Complex issues are boring and don't sell papers because big things take time to fix - hence why most journos went after Capello following the world cup rather than looking at the fact that for years the FA academies have been bringing through footballers who are athletic rather than creative, and supplementing them with players from other leagues.

Once you get off the boards (well, sometimes even on the boards) it's scary how ignorant your average fan in the street can be.

When Parry and Houllier joined in the Summer of 1998 I thought the Club’s future would be in very, very good hands. Parry’s track record of exploiting the commercial side of footbal at the Premier League was second to none and Houllier’s credentials were as good as anyone’s, especially in the field of youth development.

So, if someone had told me back then that we would spend the next decade in commercial decline compared to our closest rivals and that the scouting and development program that Houllier put in place would not produce one top class member of the first team squad, let alone the team, I wouldn’t have believed them, but that’s what happened.

I know Moores gets a lot of stick for his stewardship of the Club but I can’t really fault appointments like that. In the same position, I don’t think I would have done any different and I certainly wouldn’t have been able to explain the poverty of the results that were achieved.

Selling the Club to a pair of the worst examples of American capitalism imaginable was an act of unbelievable stupidity but I think there had already been too many people through the Club beforehand that just simply did not do their jobs properly. Hicks and Gillette are just the icing on an already rotten cake.

All 4.

Gilette and Hicks as core of this problem.

Previous mangers for getting ( or letting) some good players out of the club.

Hodgson for his silly tactics and stupid moves of buying and playing Poulsen, playing few players out of position ( Raul),loaning of AA, and not having the balls to drop Carragher.

Players for playing shite. Just Gerrard is playing well at the moment, with Cole, Skrtel and Meireles tryin´. The rest plays well under their potential, or they are just shit. Ownership troubles don´t affect them a lot. They pley for the club they have choosen, they earn an awful lot of money, and they are paid on time. I think that most of them ( bar scousers) don´t give a fuck who pays them until money arrives always on time. And many of them know, that if new owners came, they would be shipped of to some 2nd rate clubs because they are not good enough and new owners would mean new and hopefully better players.

I'd find space for the fans who spent last year attacking Benitez rather than Tom and George, and who continue to prop up the owners financially now.

Hmmm.

Given, at the time of writing, only 2 respondents have blamed "previous managers" and yet nearly 20% of those polled have blamed the current incumbent, in the job for less than 100 days, then I don't see where your evidence is for that sweeping generalisation. In other words, some 20% of the fanbase- even on here, the most intelligent of the Liverpool fora - presumably don't think that the owners have much to answer for, and that it is the arrival of Hodgson that has caused our current plight. 20% of fans think Hodgson is more culpable than the owners. Only 2 think that of Rafa - or indeed, may even have been thinking of houllier and Souness for all you and i know.

Think about that.

So shouldn't you have written 'the fans who spend this year attacking Roy rather than Tom and George, and continue to let the owners off the hook'? It wouldn't be fair, and it's just as sweeping as your comment, but at least you can back it up with evidence?

Apologies if you are already aware of this or if it has been posted elsewhere but as I didnt see it a poll option ......

ANFIELD BUILT ON INDIAN BURIAL GROUND

LIVERPOOL'S poor start to the season has been traced to an ancient Arapaho curse under the Kop End at Anfield.

Roy Hodgson has endured a terrible run of results, culminating in the game against Sunderland where a harmless clearance by Pepe Reina was headed back into Liverpool's goal by a ghostly warrior riding a horse and wearing a Tranmere Rovers shirt.

Hodgson said: "It was like that Poltergeist film where the whole house implodes, only Konchesky and Skrtel are much, much scarier to look at than the bloke who tears his own face off.

"The whole place is a nightmare to work in - you leave the training cones alone for five minutes and they've rearranged themselves into a twelve-foot-high stack in the shape of Steve Heighway. And we didn't really transfer Rieira over the summer, he's actually trapped in the telly in the canteen."

The curse was brought to the club by owners Hicks and Gillett, who bought a job lot of bone meal fertiliser that was later discovered to contain the remains of Arapaho elders killed in the Sand Creek Massacre of 1864.

Hicks said: "When the bags of fertiliser first arrived, I thought they smelled a bit sacred-y and I did wonder why there was blue ectoplasm shooting out of them. I heard a disembodied voice screaming curses at me too, but to be honest I get that a lot."

TV bullshitter Derek Acorah has visited the ground and declared the only way to lift the curse is via a series of celebrity seances, adding that he could probably have a crack at Torres' persistent injury problems if they threw in a book deal as well.

Liverpool's situation mirrors the fate of Wigan Athletic, who were relegated in 1993 after buying a set of goalkeeping nets found to contain the soul of an orphan boy who died in tragic circumstances. The curse was eventually lifted by sprinkling them with a phial of Jimmy Hill's urine.