You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

I see your point, but they should not be bullied from their land. That's what Israel want. And the world would simply stand by and let them do that. Too much money, too much lobbying influence around the world.

Plus, the civilians can't simply up sand leave. Being blockaded and a resident of the worlds biggest open air prison precludes that.

What should happen and what is happening are separate. They need a pragmatic leader who makes decisions based on what's best for the people. Hamas should focus their time and effort on lobbying with Lebanon or Egypt to see as to what asylum arrangement could be implemented. Can you see any other outcome than a one state solution at this point in time? I can't. I realise it is not ideal, but again pragmatism is needed. Too many kids have died, and what for? They now have the world's attention seemingly, they need to use this the best they can. Get the fuck out of there.

What should happen and what is happening are separate. They need a pragmatic leader who makes decisions based on what's best for the people. Hamas should focus their time and effort on lobbying with Lebanon or Egypt to see as to what asylum arrangement could be implemented. Can you see any other outcome than a one state solution at this point in time? I can't. I realise it is not ideal, but again pragmatism is needed. Too many kids have died, and what for? They now have the world's attention seemingly, they need to use this the best they can. Get the fuck out of there.

Or, alternatively, the Zionists could get the fuck out of there.Most of them could go back to their American, Russian, African and European places of birth. They would assimilate more easily and could go back to living the life they lived before they decided that they wanted to occupy another peoples' land. Yes, I think that would be a better idea.

So some gangster come round your house and decide to move in to your living room, they then gradually decide to take over the rest of your house and kill a few of your family members as they do so. Then what you should do when you literally only have the kitchen pantry to live in, is to see if you can go and squat in a building down the street?

There are no good outcomes for the Palestinians, all they can really do is try to fight to maintain their homeland.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So some gangster come round your house and decide to move in to your living room, they then gradually decide to take over the rest of your house and kill a few of your family members as they do so. Then what you should do when you literally only have the kitchen pantry to live in, is to see if you can go and squat in a building down the street?

There are no good outcomes for the Palestinians, all they can really do is try to fight to maintain their homeland.

Good luck getting out when the gangsters won't let you out of the pantry.

• Upvote 1

Beats having your kids butchered mate. I'd start from scratch elsewhere. I understand the braver thing to do is to fight back, but what's the point in fighting a losing battle?

Lobby with fucking Israel then, as opposed to shooting meek rockets at them. Israel want the Palestine state abolished, not the people. They want the land to be theirs alone, then give it to them, with the condition that they're allowed to migrate elsewhere.

I'm not gonna post anymore on this topic to be honest, I'm too far removed from it all, but there's no escaping it at the moment, with social media in the current state at the moment. I'm just sick of reading the death toll rising every fucking morning, whilst at the same time, finding out that it was Hamas that broke the truce by firing rockets at them again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think he gets it....

Well, you just have to read his posts to see that. That's fine, it's a complex situation. I just think people should realise that if it was as easy as popping to elsewhere or lobbying, they 'might' just have tried it.

Lobby with fucking Israel then, as opposed to shooting meek rockets at them. Israel want the Palestine state abolished, not the people. They want the land to be theirs alone, then give it to them, with the condition that they're allowed to migrate elsewhere.

Wow!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Wow!

Just give everything you have to those who have killed your family, stolen your land, and subjugated you. It's only fair. Unreal.

Just give everything you have to those who have killed your family, stolen your land, and subjugated you. It's only fair. Unreal.

No one said anything about "fair". Disagree al you like, but please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

I'm not gonna post anymore on this topic to be honest, I'm too far removed from it all, but there's no escaping it at the moment, with social media in the current state at the moment. I'm just sick of reading the death toll rising every fucking morning, whilst at the same time, finding out that it was Hamas that broke the truce by firing rockets at them again.

There is no truce in an apartheid state.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No one said anything about "fair". Disagree al you like, but please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say you said it was fair, nor did I put words in your mouth. I was ridiculing you, because your ignorant stance is worthy of ridicule.

Articles I post may not represent my opinion

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/we-ignore-the-new-antisemitism-taking-hold-at-our-peril-9634919.html

Tuesday 29 July 2014

We ignore the new anti-Semitism taking hold at our peril

As Europe prepares to mark the 75th anniversary of the Second World War, the warning signs from history are hauntingly familiar

The oldest hatred, this time cloaked as legitimate concern for Gaza, has once again cast its ominous shadow across Europe.

From Berlin, Paris and Rome to Amsterdam, Ankara and Istanbul, protests are turning into pogroms.

In France, home to Europe’s largest Jewish community, Prime Minister Manuel Valls has warned of a “new anti-Semitism” taking hold. Synagogues are being firebombed and Jewish shops pillaged. Gangs of young men, intoxicated by a cause and angered by their own inadequacies, roam the streets chanting “death to Jews”.

Life isn’t this terrifying in Britain, but the malicious mood music can still be heard loud and clear.

More than 100 anti-Semitic incidents have been reported across the UK since the start of July – double the number under normal circumstances. Cases include a brick thrown at a Belfast synagogue and “baby murderers” shouted at a synagogue in Liverpool. In north London, a rabbi was verbally abused by youths shouting, “Free Palestine, F*** the Zionists, F*** the Jews.”

On Twitter, Liberal Democrat MP David Ward declared that if he lived in Gaza, he would probably fire terrorist rockets at Israelis, and Labour MP Graham Jones said to one of my Jewish News reporters “ You’re killing children” in Gaza, a remark for which he has since apologised. And the hashtags #HitlerWasRight and #HitlerDidNothingWrong continue to trend worldwide.

Complacence is a natural human instinct. We often ask why Jews of 1930s Europe didn't see the warning signs. Too often we choose to ignore them, bolstering ourselves with the reassuring maxim, “It won’t last forever.”

This time, I’m not so sure.

As Europe prepares to mark the 75th anniversary of the Second World War, the warning signs from history are hauntingly familiar. Nazi imagery has been used to abuse Israel and Jews at ‘Free Palestine’ rallies in London. Decent, fair-minded people, horrified at the appalling loss of life in Gaza (if not Hamas rockets), join these demonstrations.

They march among barbaric Jew-hate banners and chant: ‘Hitler Was Right’… ‘Well done Israel, Hitler would be proud’… ’Hamas, Jews to the gas’… ‘From The River to the Sea, Palestine will be free!’

These crowds are comprised of the usual suspects. Stop the War Coalition members, whose selective fury is blind to victims of the Taliban, al-Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, Hezbollah or, tellingly, Hamas; trade unionists (you cannot have credentials on the left unless you vilify Israel); ‘V for Vendetta’-masked anarchists; sanctimonious students getting up early to look cool in kaffirs and day-trip do-gooders who worry about rocketing house prices, not their houses getting rocketed.

And up on stage, whipping them all into a frenzy, George Galloway and Jenny Tonge – those demagogues of Israel denunciation, drunk on their own righteous indignation.

Looking at them all marching and hysterically slandering Israel as a “terrorist state”, it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that Israel is the best and worst thing that’s happened to the Jews.

The best, for being a shelter from a 3,000-year storm that culminated in the gas chambers. The worst, for being the focal point of global anti-Semitism, gifting ancient hatred a geographical focus. For many of these marchers an Israeli is a Jew and a Jew an Israeli. And ‘X’ marks the spot.

Israel’s other big problem is, of course, its location – slap bang in the middle of a really bad neighbourhood. From Gibraltar to the Khyber Pass, it’s hemmed in by despots, dictators and angry Islamists like Hamas who won’t tolerate democracy and diversity in their midst.

The 2,000 rockets that have targeted Israel’s towns and cities in recent weeks are fired not out of resistance from occupation, but a genocidal, psychopathic obsession with Israel’s annihilation. You remember the chant: 'From The River to the Sea, Palestine will be free!’

There can be no political solution because Hamas is not a political party. It is an ideology. It wants to kill Jews. Every last one. If it’s the last thing it does. If it achieved its ideological aims it would spell danger for the entire free world.

The only way forward, the only chance to end this merry-go-round of misery, is for the Palestinian Authority, bolstered by the EU, UN and USA, to finally remove this malignant cancer from their midst. Then there will be genuine be hope for peace.

Put that on a banner and wave it.

Of course, all this can be complex and tough to follow. There are blurred lines. So the rent-a-mobs keep marching and the rent-a-gobs keep chanting.

And as long as they do, the boundary between rational and irrational debate about Israel will continue to shift. Where it will come to rest in the coming weeks is a question that’s now causing immense unease among Jewish communities worldwide

"More than 100 anti-Semitic incidents have been reported across the UK since the start of July – double the number under normal circumstances. Cases include a brick thrown at a Belfast synagogue and “baby murderers” shouted at a synagogue in Liverpool. In north London, a rabbi was verbally abused by youths shouting, “Free Palestine, F*** the Zionists, F*** the Jews.”

On Twitter, Liberal Democrat MP David Ward declared that if he lived in Gaza, he would probably fire terrorist rockets at Israelis, and Labour MP Graham Jones said to one of my Jewish News reporters “ You’re killing children” in Gaza, a remark for which he has since apologised. And the hashtags #HitlerWasRight and #HitlerDidNothingWrong continue to trend worldwide."

I hate seeing all this just lumped in together. Of course bricking British synagogues is out of order, but why is what the two MPs said comparable?

The rest of the article was all just "Israel are doing no wrong" and "Muslims are all shit cunts".

What, unfortunately, ramps up anti-Semitism amongst imbeciles, are Israel's actions.

• Upvote 1

Ah, I wondered how long it would take before the resort to labelling everyone opposed to Israel's policy towards the Palestinians as anti-semitic. Israel has long-relied on people not wanting to be called an anti-semite, or likened to Nazi sympathisers, to stifle debate or criticism. People need to see this for the jaded trick it is, and should strenghthen their resolve to protest.

• Upvote 8

Yehudi Menuhin, one of my fave Jews, must have been anti-semitic then.  He stood in front of the Knesset and denounced Israel's sub-human treatment of the Palestinians.  Despite travelling there twice, I've never met a decent Israeli.  They must exist, but they're complicit as they allow their government to ride roughshod over common human decency.  I wouldn't shed a tear if the lot of them perished.  They are an evil blight.