You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curly

Anybody else heard anything about this guy coming to us. A mate of mine just told me we're after him and it looks like a deal is close, but I haven't heard a dicky bird.

I've not seen much of him really so can't say I'm either happy or otherwise we're being linked, but when I have seen him play in the Champions League he always came across as a proper snidey, cheating, petulant little prick and if my memory serves me right, I think Stevie landed one on him a few years back in a pre-season friendly against Feyenoord.

Verdict: Unconvinced

I thought he looked pretty ace at Feyenoord, box to box player with an eye for a goal. Not the first person to go stale at Madrid and won't be the last..

And that staleness does seem to particularly affect Dutch players, just look at Sneijder, Huntelaar and Robben, all of them went off the boil at Madrid.

I too thought Drenthe was ace before he went to Madrid, although I'm far from convinced that he isn't a lab-created clone of Edgar Davids.

He is also mates with Babel too. Hmmm.

And that staleness does seem to particularly affect Dutch players, just look at Sneijder, Huntelaar and Robben, all of them went off the boil at Madrid.

I too thought Drenthe was ace before he went to Madrid, although I'm far from convinced that he isn't a lab-created clone of Edgar Davids.

He is also mates with Babel too. Hmmm.

I wouldn't say its staleness to be honest as drenthe just isn't good enough to be in the first 11, he's second fiddle to marcelo who is also shite in my humble opinion. Robben was class at Madrid just 2 years ago wasn't thought of as a proper "galactico" (he obviously would be now). Huntelaar also had a pretty good scoring record just wasn't played. Definately wouldn't want Drenthe as a first team player but because of his versatility he could come in handy as part of the squad. For £6m, aged around 22 or whatever he is, I think it would represent decent business.