You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy is a yes man, who would want to work for a shit manager like that who just replaced a man who has won the La Liga, UEFA Cup, La Liga for someone who has won some shit titles in a mickey mouse Sweden League. It's actually hilarious how people think Torres "owes us" and should play under an inferior manager and an inferior squad with shit owners.

Your posts are like the daily Sudoko

They take time to work out but once you have the method it's just a matter of time.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy is a yes man, who would want to work for a shit manager like that who just replaced a man who has won the La Liga, UEFA Cup, La Liga for someone who has won some shit titles in a mickey mouse Sweden League. It's actually hilarious how people think Torres "owes us" and should play under an inferior manager and an inferior squad with shit owners.

If Roy gets cash though and the squad doesn't get weaker he might be able to get a lot out of these players. If players are sold and not replaced then he's probably not going to stand much of a chance from the off, but that'll confirm Broughton, Purslow and the banks are lying fucks (clearly we know Purslow already is.) and then they can see how they like the shit they've caused served back at them. Am still convinced they're completely underestimating us as fans and have no idea of how many will take action against them, and if they push us that far it won't be long until they see what happens.

Writes for the Times, sometimes appears on LFC.tv. He is usually a pretty good source.

He has been on talksport shouting off that they are both leaving.

I didn't hear it myself, did he say definitely?

He said he was convinced they would leave.

Gerrard for Real.

Sounds bollocks to me. How would he know what Torres is feeling, whenb El Nino has guaranteed he will speak to Hodgson about his plans for the future and that he is happy with Roys appointment.

BALLAGUE HAS JUST SAID THAT HE'S SPOKE TO HIS AGENT AND THE "QUOTES" ARE BOLLOCKS

Balague is as bad as any other journo, I don't see him as a definitive source of proof of anything.

The way I see it, didn't his agent say Torres was staying in May? Then he says this? Maybe he's angling for another pay day?

Sounds bollocks to me. How would he know what Torres is feeling, whenb El Nino has guaranteed he will speak to Hodgson about his plans for the future and that he is happy with Roys appointment.

He works with Tony Barrett and Barrett said he speaks to Torres, so it's possible.

If players are sold and not replaced

I think that's exactly what will happen. We will sell Torres for £40m then buy another Striker for £10m maybe then Purslow will claim we spent the rest of the £40m on wages or on signing on fees or he'll just say it's there to be spent when it isn't, a bit like ManUtd are saying the Ronaldo money is there to be spent.

Fact is, at this point in time, no one knows. Anyone who says otherwise is taking a punt at it. If they go, these journo's can say "I told you so". If they don't, they'll put up some piece about how the love for the fans, club made them stay.

Its ridiculous to expect these people to know what our players are feeling, thinking & also to expect Torres to comment on his future at the club while he's in the WC semi with Spain is a tad bit unfair as well.

Fuck Evans, Fuck Bascombe, Fuck the rest of them, all they care about is more clicks for the website & more copies of their papers...

IF I was looking to buy the club then why hang around to buy it when Torres and Gerrard are gone. This tells me we have no buyer imminent.

That's the only thing that actually gives me hope that we might have new owners soon.

I think that's exactly what will happen. We will sell Torres for £40m then buy another Striker for £10m maybe then Purslow will claim we spent the rest of the £40m on wages or on signing on fees or he'll just say it's there to be spent when it isn't, a bit like ManUtd are saying the Ronaldo money is there to be spent.

Yeah it seems it might do if things carry on as they have been, but I can't resign myself to thinking it'll happen.

Christian Purslows opening arse-licking interview with the echo -

"The key point is we will not sell a footballer if we can’t find a better or equal replacement."

There you go the, panic over. Unless we can find someone equally as good, then Torres isn't going anywhere.

Phew, that's a weight off my mind.

Might as well close this thread now.

Says that for 18 months Gerrard and Torres have been promised top players and both players don't trust the board and therefore will leave.

I think everything he said was highly speculative.

From Rory Smith Twitter

.@ChristianMcr Still torn on Torres. His camp has 'told' #cfc and #barca he's desperate to go to London/Spain. But do either have the money?

2:21 PM Jul 3rd via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to ChristianMcr

Good bye Torres, if that's how you feel I'll pack ya bags for you.

Rory Smith (rorysmith_tel) on Twitter

Ngog will hit 30 goals next season I'm certain.

Says that for 18 months Gerrard and Torres have been promised top players and both players don't trust the board and therefore will leave.

I think everything he said was highly speculative.

Is it that much of a stretch to believe it's true? Not that they'll leave, but that they've been promised top players and don't trust the board? I wouldn't.