You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Harry Potter Phenomenon.....

RedBrian84

• 1 month later...

I have to be honest, the Harry Potter books got me into reading, I grew up with the books and films and I have to say that because the franchise was a major part of my childhood I'd go as far as saying that I'm a Harry Potter geek who actually 'loves' the series.

(Now you can make fun of me!)

I haven't seen one minute of the films, haven't read one word of any of the books. Honestly don't see what the big deal of it is really.

And the internet is sufficient for Emma Watson perv material so I don't really need to see any of the films.

I did get my revenge on the final book however with the following 5 simple steps, however:

1. Get insanely fed up with numerous people on numerous occasions going on and on and on and on AND ON about how they've bought the book OMG I can't wait to find out the ending etc. etc. blah blah fucketty blah.

2. Go on t'internet and Google said ending.

3. Log onto Facebook for first time in a month or so.

4. Set status to "<insert ending here> ha I spoiled your ending nerds"

5. Put on tin hat and wait for ensuing shit storm.

1. Get insanely fed up with numerous people on numerous occasions going on and on and on and on AND ON about how they've bought the book OMG I can't wait to find out the ending etc. etc. blah blah fucketty blah.

4. Set status to " ha I spoiled your ending nerds"

Anyone with half a brain didn't go near the internet for around a week or so before until they'd read the book.

I loved the book series, the films in comparison are a bit crap, but given its a while since i read the last one i really enjoyed the latest film. I did get a feeling that bits where missing but i couldn't think what, which made it allot more bearable then only just reading a book, loving it and then watching a shit film of it. The ending was no where near as painful as the matrix 2 ending and having to wait for matrix 3.

I haven't seen one minute of the films, haven't read one word of any of the books. Honestly don't see what the big deal of it is really.

And the internet is sufficient for Emma Watson perv material so I don't really need to see any of the films.

I did get my revenge on the final book however with the following 5 simple steps, however:

4. Set status to " ha I spoiled your ending nerds"

If you haven't read the books or watched the films you're not likely to see what the fuss is about!

I enjoyed the books and the films have been OK, albeit a bit rushed. Thought the latest film was really good though, less rushed as they have split the book in two. Am looking forward to the last film as I thought the ending to the book was ace. I love a happy ending me!

It's something that was around before this decade, but I hadn't heard of it until then. It's captivated my generation as well as those above and below mine, but never caught on with me. Mind you I haven't given it a chance either. All over the internet there are people moaning about the consequences, and others who don't give a fuck because they love being part of that world. It's had millions upon millions of pounds spent on it, and it's tentacles continue to spread. I think much the same about the Harry Potter series too. Hence the tag.

• 6 months later...

I know not everyone loves Harry Potter but surely its better than that roaring abyssal cunthole that is the Twilight Trilogy. Anyone who is below 23 and has a girlfriend has probably been dragged along to watch at least one of those steaming pieces of shit movies. Is it worth it? Is regular sex worth it.. for this? I tell you what.

I have to be honest, the Harry Potter books got me into reading, I grew up with the books and films and I have to say that because the franchise was a major part of my childhood I'd go as far as saying that I'm a Harry Potter geek who actually 'loves' the series.

(Now you can make fun of me!)

Haha I am exactly the same.

Can't wait for the final one and if that makes me a sad cunt, then screw you all.