You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Guest TK-421

I agree with the opening post. I also agree with aws.

I like to think we can all make a big effort to put aside differences of opinion when it comes to matters on the pitch, and draw on strength in numbers to put pressure on the owners/board/banks - whoever is deemed responsible for the way the club is being run.

The long term health of the club is under threat. I would like to see an intense and sustained campaign against the owners, and a universal boycott of at least one match, to help rectify this. It will be difficult to persuade the more casual elements of our support to join in but it can be done.

Until the cancers are gone it will only be as an interim manager imo. Do we employ a top notch manager now only to see him fail under the circumstances ? Ir do we employ someone with experience who will keep things ticking over until those two cunts fuck off ? I know which one i would go for.

But if a top notch manager is likely to fail under the circumstances, surely a manager like Hodgson is likely to do even worse than that? What does “ticking over” constitute? If it means doing the same or worse than we did last year, I’m not sure what we’ve achieved for £6 million plus.

I am not suggesting you don't. You can probably think about more than 1 thing at once.

So what's the point of this thread then?

The point of this thread is to focus people's attention on the real problem at LFC - the owners.

If the i's haven't been dotted and the t's haven't been crossed on the 12 month extension to the refinancing with RBS, then perhaps we have the opportunity to put pressure on the banks rather than people keep posting "Fuck of Roy Hodgson"

I did include myself if you read through the read.

But also if you check through my sent items on Microsoft Outlook you will see how many emails I have sent to RBS, Barclays Capital, The Premier League and the owners for several years now as well.

Again. I wasn't making any suggestion that you don't "vent your spleen" at the owners.

But I don't think its for you to attempt to tell people whether or not they should discuss Hodgson or infer that in doing so they are taking their eyes off the ownership ball.

You were still able to discuss the merits of Rafa's subs/tactics/transfers a few months back. There's no reason why others shouldn't do the same with Hodgson just because we still have shit owners.

I don't doubt you have, but did you start a new thread imploring people to stop talking about the manager? If not, why are you doing that now? Particularly seeing as though we're now likely to get what will be an inferior manager (don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Hodgson and think he deserves a crack at a bigger club).

By all means debate the performance of the new manager when he is appointed, but is there is any need to have multiple threads stating "Fuck off Roy Hodgson"?, when we have 2 leeches still bleeding this club dry.

By all means debate the performance of the new manager when he is appointed, but is there is any need to have multiple threads stating "Fuck off Roy Hodgson"?, when we have 2 leeches still bleeding this club dry.

The same threads were there last season with a different name in the title. We still had 2 leeches bleeding us dry.

How I have been hypocritical?

From where I am sat. you are asking for unity from all the fans to just focus attentions on the owners & RBS, but I for one have been calling for this for two seasons. This I find hypocritical.

I know I had a pop at John the other day and fortunately we have sorted that out and I am glad this happened, but I still can't find it hypocritical that those pushing for Rafa to be sacked are now asking for unity.

If Roy finishes 8th and we are out the Europa League by Christmas and both domestic cups by January, will the same thing happen to Roy or will the board be used as his excuse?

not having a pop just a question I have got running round my head, i will support Roy like I have an other manager, but I can't speak for everybody when it comes to the position of where we are facing another trophy less season and out of contention of challenging for anything.

And if people start giving Roy leeway in terms of the ownership then I dread to think how I will react when the same things were used for Rafa and were shot down as just sorry excuses.

Can you see where I am coming from and if so what is the difference in using these things to say Rafa should still be able to compete, but Roy seems to have these things on his side before he has even got the job.

It just doesn't make sense.

Has any manager had to deal with owners like ours?

Roy was incharge of Inter when they were struggling. I would also say Fulham were struggling when he took over.

I suppose you are right about the owners. I just hope he has more strength than he shows really, because he's going to need every last bit of it. If he's got a cast-iron mentality then it could go a long way in dealing with that pair of twats and the shitty situation we're in.

He's good enough as a caretaker manager for sure, and at least he's got some class about him in terms of his attitude and demeanour (unlike the translator now in Madrid).

Another positive is that the press seem to love him (though we'll see how long that lasts - if Fulham had been treated like LFC in the press last year, does anyone think ANDY Johnson's name would ever have been reported without being preceded by a vastly inflated estimate of his transfer fee a la Aquilani?) which may be an improvement on Rafa who was terrible at media management.

Speaking of Rafa, it's impossible to replace him with anyone who's as good as he was as history will show. No manager of his standing would touch Liverpool until the Cancer has been removed. The only exception to this would have been a former Liverpool player, but you look at what's on offer with that qualification with some trepidation these days.

He's done a decent job at Fulham, but he inherited them in a falsley low position (the press seem to forget just how much of other people's money the phoney pharaoh has chucked Fulham's way) with exceedingly low expectations.

If he's the manager, then we're behind him, but this is not an exciting development - could be on a par with replacing Edward Smith when we really need to think about the iceberg on the horizon.

Has any manager had to deal with owners like ours?

Roy was incharge of Inter when they were struggling. I would also say Fulham were struggling when he took over.

Without comparioson. My hometown club in Norway, Viking Fk, were struggling when he took over. The results got better, but make no mistake, his main focus is defensive organization and counter attacks. Not so much attacking style. But the fans were happy, he saved the club from relegation. He wasn`t able to get them to the top the following season tough, as everyone expected.

Without comparioson. My hometown club in Norway, Viking Fk, were struggling when he took over. The results got better, but make no mistake, his main focus is defensive organization and counter attacks. Not so much attacking style. But the fans were happy, he saved the club from relegation. He wasn`t able to get them to the top the following season tough, as everyone expected.

As long as we are winning people will be happy.

(Help me Rhonda)

Help us Hodgson, help help us Hodgson.

Help us Hodgson, get rid of these yanks.

He is a decent ordinary manager and not a bad bloke, that in my opinion does not make him good enough to manage Liverpool FC.

He will of course get my support and I hope he proves me wrong.

It proves one thing no new owners, just the parasites that we have.