You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

005 ã, Antynwa, belarus, benno2, bobster, Crazyhorse7778 ã, Dante ã, DMS, Dracco, dravid, Duff Man, Ezekiel 25:17, Fowlers God ã, fungus, goc11, Hooch ã, howard83, john23liverpool, Jokerman, KinskiRage, kopite1989, LFCFanbymistake, LFD, Lopez Ufarte, Markmywords, Njr ã, Original202 ã, Pidge, Pistonbroke, RafaLaBamba, Red Dawn ã, Soleilrouge, stringvest ã, Strontium Dog ã, TheBitch, Yerma'satexan!, ZonkoVille77

37 FBI endorsing the worst appointment made at Liverpool Football club since before Shankly.

And before you bozos start shanks wasnt 62 when he got the job, I could live with a Mcleish or a Grayson but not this.

Sorry Hodgson is a cunting manager not good enough for this great football club.

FTR I HAVE SUPPORTED EVERY OTHER LFC MANAGERIAL APPOINTMENT IN MY LIFETIME

So what does that mean?

You hope we lose so he gets sacked? You will boo him? You will criticise him whenever possible? You won't praise him if he deleivers?

You know the bit where I said 'I'm not the type to boo'? And the bit where I also said 'I am not the type to criticise or shout obsenities'

It was in the same post!

Whose best place finish has been 9th? Hodgson finished 6th with Blackburn and 7th with Fulham. And 3rd with Inter.

Ah right, he finished 7th with Fulham, sorry, and 3rd with Inter about ten years ago!

What am I worrying about, it's practically like for like!

Altogether now 'We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league'

You know the bit where I said 'I'm not the type to boo'? And the bit where I also said 'I am not the type to criticise or shout obsenities'

It was in the same post!

So what do you mean when you say you won't support him?

Stamp your feet?!

So what do you mean when you say you won't support him?

Stamp your feet?!

Dunno, i'll probably just harumph a lot more!

Although, I fancy twatting the fat cunt who seems to have spent the last three years moaning and whinging at R*** ! Although saying that he does look quite hard, so I think I will probably settle for harumphing!

Hold on Whelan has just stated he doesn't trust the board to make any credible decision on who the next manager will be. Not that much wrong with that is there?

The boards motives are skewed, they are not in line with the fans pretty simple. Some can put aside their loathing of the board others cant.

What did you do when you stopped supporting the last manager?

I was very loyal to Rafa for five seasons, but after that I wanted a change.

I still wanted the team to win, I still hoped he made the right decisions and praised them when he didn't. But I was very critical of him on here.

So basically it boils down to this

Love Roy = Superfan great supporter advocater of the Long dead Liverpool way

Don't want Roy = Cunt not fit to support this club

Fuck sake he's a decent manager which no-one is disputing but is he capable of getting this team challenging for trophies? and those who go on about him being LMA manager of the year so what so was George fucking Burley in the year WE won a treble should we make him manager as well?

Hold on Whelan has just stated he doesn't trust the board to make any credible decision on who the next manager will be. Not that much wrong with that is there?

The boards motives are skewed, they are not in line with the fans pretty simple. Some can put aside their loathing of the board others cant.

I have no problem with Whelan's reasoning for not wanting Hodgson. I also can't stand the board and owners.

What I disagree with is not supporting Hodgson if appointed. I think we should get bheind him, as that is the best way he can get us being successful on the pitch.

No it isn't like that at all.

Some people welcome Hodgson, some don't want him - but if appointed he should be backed, in my opinion.

Yeah fuck off Hodgson you true gent of the game, we don't want your kind here unless you want to manipulate to boost your position in the name of the club and delude the sycophants into thinking you're the messiah.

So what if you made your home ground a fortress beating top sides with also rans like Bobby Zamora and everton and Liverpool rejects. So what if you keep the game simple and inspire your players to play the game rather than be scared of it, there's no place for you here uinless you're foreign and vastly overrated.

Fuck sake he's a decent manager which no-one is disputing but is he capable of getting this team challenging for trophies? and those who go on about him being LMA manager of the year so what so was George fucking Burley in the year WE won a treble should we make him manager as well?

its actually the complete opposite

The fact you can be so opposed to him shows you care about the club.

Worst every managerial appointment at this club if it happens

I wanted him out in January by my own admittance. But not in the months after we finished second.

Oh so you wanted the manager sacked halfway through a title challenge in 2009 but wanted to keep him after we finished second. You're good you although not very consistent are you, then you wanted him out again early in the new season.

Erm I am suprised you have the audacity to lecture people on what they should or shouldn't be doing.

Yeah fuck off Hodgson you true gent of the game, we don't want your kind here unless you want to manipulate to boost your position in the name of the club and delude the sycophants into thinking you're the messiah.

So what if you made your home ground a fortress beating top sides with also rans like Bobby Zamora and everton and Liverpool rejects. So what if you keep the game simple and inspire your players to play the game rather than be scared of it, there's no place for you here uinless you're foreign and vastly overrated.

Tee hee. :)

Love it

its actually the complete opposite

The fact you can be so opposed to him shows you care about the club.

Worst every managerial appointment at this club if it happens

Depends on your point of view though isn't it and the way you read comments on here.

I personally don't want hodgson as manager but if he's appointed I couldn't care less as I'll be supporting the players that wear the shirt.

I've lost all belief in anyone outside of the players to do anything in the best intrests of the club full stop.

And Hodgson won't last as long as those players who have or will move on

My post was more down how wide people got it wrong with those threads when they thought signing those players would make us a laughing stock and well in the end it didn't and turned out to be quite the opposite, they were great signings. I just hope we look back on this thread and think the same.

I have my own opinions on the subject but i aint posting them on this pretty shitty titled thread.