You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He understands politics very well I think everyone can see that. It's what makes his views even more disgusting.

He has a moderate to good understanding of politics.

He misunderstands politics very well I think everyone can see that. It's what makes his views even more disgusting.

Fixed it for you.

If only is wasnt for them pesky voters blocking our path to utopia.

Even Nick Griffin has a basic grasp of the problem here. Ive never heard him blame the voters who dont vote for him.

You're wrong, Sparta. He's both woefully inept, and a total liar. We've been telling successive governments for years about tax evasion and avoidance.

What a relief to finally have a government that is doing something about it.

The Daily Mail is probably left wing to that guy.

You're a cretin.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What a relief to finally have a government that is doing something about it.

Yeah, what a relief. My bet is they'll cut taxes just a little bit more for those avoiding tax. Don't be naive.

I remember my economics teacher telling us there were two trains of thought in the early years of the two party's. For society to work one of two things has to happen. You either tax the wealthy more to pay for the national services for everyone to give more equal opportunities and make the country at better place or you don't tax the wealthy as much and rely on philanthropists to even things up by donating money to things eg charities and schools which would make the country better place.

Both parties, however, did agree that a progressive tax system is the only fair system to use. As time has gone on and people have taken less interest in politics nobody seems to understand this. The tax system has become less and less progressive. You now even get people who are against it just because they hate tax and don't understand the benefits of it. It's apathy that's killing the economy.

It comes down to two things. Left-wing doesn't work because of inefficiencies. Right-wing doesn't work because of lack of regulation.

The answer means it should be somewhere in the middle. The problem at the moment is that when something happens that's an innefficiency problem (ie left wing) the politics swings more right wing. When the problem is a lack of regulation (ie right wing) the politics swing more right wing. It's a big con. There is no left wing any more which is what is needed to correct the economy at the moment. Not just letting things carry on the same way but tax the poorer/middle a bit more. It's fucking joke.

The fact you have got whoppers like this strontium dog who can sit there and think what the conservatives are doing is morally right is fucking disgusting. Just hold your hands up and say "you know what, it makes me personally better off so I am happy and I don't give a shit about everyone else." At least that's honest. Don't sit there and make out what they are doing is right because it isn't.

Yeah, what a relief. My bet is they'll cut taxes just a little bit more for those avoiding tax. Don't be naive.

I'd sooner see the lower paid taken out of tax, which is happening too. But things like this definitely help:

Bank's £500m tax loophole closed by Treasury in rare retrospective action | Business | The Guardian

The Treasury has rushed in legislation to close down two "aggressive" tax avoidance schemes that a high-street bank had disclosed to HM Revenue and Customs in an effort to avoid tax.

As it announced highly unusual steps to take retrospective action to shut down the "highly abusive" schemes, the Treasury refused to the name the bank involved, although the Guardian understands that it is Barclays. The bank has refused to comment.

The government was immediately accused of making a "mockery" of its own code of conduct on tax – which 200 banks have signed to promise to comply with the spirit and not just the letter of the law – by refusing to identify the bank that the Treasury claimed would face a £500m tax bill.

The Treasury also said that the move would prevent "further billions of tax from being lost and maintain fairness in the tax system".

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why Labour didn't close loopholes like this between 1997 and 2010. Of course there must be.

The fact you have got whoppers like this strontium dog who can sit there and think what the conservatives are doing is morally right is fucking disgusting. Just hold your hands up and say "you know what, it makes me personally better off so I am happy and I don't give a shit about everyone else." At least that's honest. Don't sit there and make out what they are doing is right because it isn't.

Anyone who holds to a political ideology primarily because it benefits them personally is an extremely sad and selfish individual.

Keep going though, I'm sure you'll make a salient point, eventually.

under this government the overall budget for the taxmen at HMRC, including the "additional" £900m, is being cut by almost £2bn, while their number is being cut by 10,000, with the latest tranche of 4,000 losses announced just last month.

The government's anti-avoidance tax rule is a toothless tiger | Owen Smith | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Useful this quotationing isnt it?

In addition to this, as in the £500m admission from Barclays the tactics appear to be totally reliant on the offenders to come forward themselves. What a great idea!

If Barclays are coming forward with a £500m tax liability admission then you have only to wonder what they have to hide.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why Labour didn't close loopholes like this between 1997 and 2010. Of course there must be.

There's a good reason why much of the NHS will end up in private hands, the tax for the richest will go down, et cetera, et cetera; the political system is corrupt, businesses and the wealthy donors of the parties influence policy, and politicians end up with positions on the boards of companies they've greased the wheels for.

The sooner we have a popular, bloody, violent revolution and take back our country, the better it'll be for everybody. 'til then, I guess we'll just have to keep playing this daft, dishonest little game.

There's a good reason why much of the NHS will end up in private hands, the tax for the richest will go down, et cetera, et cetera; the political system is corrupt, businesses and the wealthy donors of the parties influence policy, and politicians end up with positions on the boards of companies they've greased the wheels for.

The sooner we have a popular, bloody, violent revolution and take back our country, the better it'll be for everybody. 'til then, I guess we'll just have to keep playing this daft, dishonest little game.

Spot on there chap, problem is we are all to apathetic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Spot on there chap, problem is we are all to apathetic

I'm not so sure we are, I just think the 'powers' have become really fucking good at drip feeding people just enough bullshit to stop it. I can feel something, though. Something's moving. Somewhere. It might be 10 years. Might be 50. Something'll give, though.

I'm not so sure we are, I just think the 'powers' have become really fucking good at drip feeding people just enough bullshit to stop it. I can feel something, though. Something's moving. Somewhere. It might be 10 years. Might be 50. Something'll give, though.

The only time people will care is when they lose their flat screen tv and conditions return to what they were like 60 years ago for the poor while the rich live in their bubble.

A brilliant example of everyone being in it together.

A mate works for a learning disability charity, they are currently going through consultation on restructuring.

The offer from management is that everyone below management grade takes a 20% pay cut whilst management take a 0% pay cut. Yeah that's right, zero pay cut for management but the minions should take a twenty percent hit.

A brilliant example of everyone being in it together.

A mate works for a learning disability charity, they are currently going through consultation on restructuring.

The offer from management is that everyone below management grade takes a 20% pay cut whilst management take a 0% pay cut. Yeah that's right, zero pay cut for management but the minions should take a twenty percent hit.

Am I right in thinking a lot of charities are run by money-grabbing cunts?

I've known charity fundraisers who earned 50k-a-year, the irony wasn't lost on me. According to Peter Osborne's 'triumph of the political class', the 'third sector' is often the destination of choice for the cunts once they're tired of their New Labour thinktanks.