You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nope, the reason you were provided with accommodation in 1948 is that you'd been busy killing and causing mayhem in the area, piling in in your tens of thousands since Balfour made his idiotic comment in 1917 - hence my 'asbo' comment. This barbaric terrorism was rewarded handsomely. Pity George Bush wasn't around to stamp it out at that point eh?

That's some nice rewriting of history there. In a few sentences too, I'm impressed.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way i see it is that the "peace ship" was clearly goading the Israelis, it's what the majority of activists do, they make me sick quite frankly, but the response was completely unacceptable and can't be tolerated by the International community.

Bang out of order mate. Whatever you think it's a sad state of affairs when people who have had enough of the world leaving people to die under an opressive boot decide to try and give them humanitarian aid, and it makes you sick. Horribly worded at the very best.

I can't really disagree with that assessment to be honest.

And once again, disgraceful. Without people willing to help others under such circumstances it's highly likely you'd not be here. How can it possibly make you sick?

Say the police burst into your house one morning for whatever reason, would you stand back , let them do what they're going to do and then take it further through the proper channels or would you start to lay into them? And don't get me wrong, i am in no way defending what Israel have done, i'm just playing Devils advocate.

They aren't the police. They are the local crime lords.

It is perverse that the Israeli's are so comfortable with their concentration camp, and their illegal blockade of anyone who might want to help those inside it, that they have got to the point where they claim the sea around it as their own territory. It's unreal.

These ships weren't heading to Israel, they were carrying aid to a country that Isreal is illegally and brutally collectively punishing. Arguing about someone lobbing a chair at the IDF is the act of someone so out of touch with their humanity that they really need a fucking slap.

I would like Israel moved on the map. About 5,000 miles west. This would bring (relative) peace in the middle east.

And if that somehow doesn't come to pass? You know, being quite a difficult and impossible task that it is.

Bang out of order mate. Whatever you think it's a sad state of affairs when people who have had enough of the world leaving people to die under an opressive boot decide to try and give them humanitarian aid, and it makes you sick. Horribly worded at the very best.

And once again, disgraceful. Without people willing to help others under such circumstances it's highly likely you'd not be here. How can it possibly make you sick?

They aren't the police. They are the local crime lords.

It is perverse that the Israeli's are so comfortable with their concentration camp, and their illegal blockade of anyone who might want to help those inside it, that they have got to the point where they claim the sea around it as their own territory. It's unreal.

These ships weren't heading to Israel, they were carrying aid to a country that Isreal is illegally and brutally collectively punishing. Arguing about someone lobbing a chair at the IDF is the act of someone so out of touch with their humanity that they really need a fucking slap.

I stand by every single word i've said.

And if that somehow doesn't come to pass? You know, being quite a difficult and impossible task that it is.

I was responding to a specific question you put to me.

Nothing is impossible, if the appetite is there. Who'd have thought 70 years ago we'd have this fucking mess there now?

If it doesn't come to pass, I would ask the U.S. to stop funding Israel, and I would ask the west generally to ostracise the country and stop any trade.

If that doesn't come to pass, I'd hope that China, Russia and India will develop sufficient influence in the area to shrivel Israel's capability to cause death, misery and destruction in the region to zero.

If that doesn't come to pass, and if all further warnings are concerned, I'd kick them out of the Eurovision song contest.

Nah, sorry. That was just an utter load of shite that you wrote.

Thanks for that. There's me thinking the Zionists were causing endless shit and moving in in their droves after a British idiot suggested that the area might be set up as a future Zionist state. That didn't happen at all then. I'm going to have to have a word with Amazon.

That's as ridiculous as denying that the holocaust happened. And just as easily disproved.

If it doesn't come to pass, I would ask the U.S. to stop funding Israel, and I would ask the west generally to ostracise the country and stop any trade.

I agree that this is probably a good action which will put enough pressure on Israel to make it go 100% towards the peace route. You need to get the Palestinians motivated for peace as well though or they might take advantage of the rest of the world backing us into a corner, but in general, I'd support this too.

The U.S are letting us off too lightly. They should have forced us to remove the blockade and get some sort of agreement which will suit all parties regarding movements in and out of Gaza. Then this whole thing wouldn't have happened. Again, I'm only defending the soldier's actions, if people haven't noticed.

Banning us from the eurovision is out of order though, that's just your hatred talking now.

Thanks for that. There's me thinking the Zionists were causing endless shit and moving in in their droves after a British idiot suggested that the area might be set up as a future Zionist state. That didn't happen at all then. I'm going to have to have a word with Amazon.

That's as ridiculous as denying that the holocaust happened. And just as easily disproved.

I'm not denying those things happened, but we got a state because we had nowhere else to go. First and foremost. But you're ignoring everything the Arabs have done in that period (massacres of innocent people for one in which the British have done nothing about)

And if you want to get into history now, I can name plenty of sinister actions by the British in years past. I can pretty much taint every country in the world.

That's not going to get you moving forward.

Say the police burst into your house one morning for whatever reason, would you stand back , let them do what they're going to do and then take it further through the proper channels or would you start to lay into them? And don't get me wrong, i am in no way defending what Israel have done, i'm just playing Devils advocate.

Proper channels? There are no proper channels!

You have to remember this is Israel we are dealing with. For some reason, somehow, proper channel when it comes to Israel is killing and more killing. Proper channel when it comes to Israel is completely different from the rest of the world.

To those who are claiming the aid people provoked/tricked Israel into all this, please remember that the aid people doing what they are doing because that is the only way left to help the Palestine people. They are doing all this because of the ILLEGAL blockage by Israel. What else can they do, go crying to US & UN? Oh that's right, they have done that to no avail!

It's unbelievable how some people can still defend Israel. Totally unbelievable.

Israel weighed in advance the consequences of its attack against a humanitarian convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip. What were its objectives in triggering a world diplomatic crisis, and why did it defy its Turkish ally as well as its U.S. protector?

The attack launched by three Israeli Saar missile patrol boats on 31 May 2010 against the freedom flotilla in international Mediterranean waters denotes a headlong rush on the part of Tel Aviv.

The freedom flotilla stems from an initiative by human rights activists [1] [2], supported by the Turkish government. Its aim was to take humanitarian aid to Gaza and, in so doing, to break the blockade illegally enforced by the Israeli army against more than 1.5 million Gazans.

Under international law, the decision to accost a civilian vessel in international waters is an "act of war". Legally speaking, Israel’s acts constitute the appropriation of the vessels and their cargo, the kidnapping of the passengers, murder or possibly even assassination, if one accepts the reports relayed by Turkish television according to which the commandos were in possession of a list of people that had to be eliminated.

This act of war against vessels flying Greek and Turkish flags was carried out to reinforce the blockade, which is itself a violation of international law.

By choosing the argument of "self defense", the Israeli authorities have explicitly laid claim to their sovereignty over international waters up to 69 nautical miles off the coast of Palestine, on the pretext that this annexation - whether temporary or permanent - is essential for the continuation of the blockade, which in turn is necesarry for the security of the State of Israel.

By boarding a Turkish ship and killing passengers, Tel Aviv opted for a military response to the diplomatic crisis that has pitted it against Ankara since January 2009. Israel expects this decision will provoke a crisis within the Turkish Army command as well as between the latter and the Turkish government. However, it could also lead to a complete break in military ties between the two countries, even though Turkey has been Israel’s closest regional ally for over half a century. Turkish-Israeli joint exercises have already been canceled indefinitely. Moreover, this crisis could also affect trade relations between the two countries, despite the fact that Turkey is a vital partner for the Israeli economy.

However, it was imperative for Tel Aviv to undermine Turkey’s credibility at a time when Akara has been moving closer to Syria and Iran with a view to constituting a new tripartite regional authority [3]. As a first step, Israel had to sanction Ankara for its role in the Tehran protocol negotiations on Iran’s nuclear industry.

As for Turkey, which had anticipated a forceful Israeli intervention but not a lethal one, the time is ripe to fill the role of advocate for the Palestinian people, in accordance with the neo-Ottoman doctrine predicated by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Professor Ahmet Davutoğlu. Without waiting for Prime Minister Recep Erdogan’s return from his current trip to Latin America, the Turkish ambassador in Tel Aviv was recalled to Ankara and a crisis unit was set up around the Deputy Prime Minister, Bülent Arınç. Immediate contact was established with the governments of the 32 countries whose nationals were on the convoy. All Turkish diplomatic staff was mobilized to brief a maximum number of states and international organizations on the situation. During a press conference, Mr. Arınç demanded the immediate return of the three Turkish vessels and their stolen cargo, and in particular the release of the hundreds of kidnapped and sequestered Turkish citizens. He chose to describe the attack as an act "piracy" (not war) offering the Netanyahu government the opportunity to portray the events as a "mistake" rather than a policy. In keeping with this logic, President Abdullah Gul demanded that the Israeli courts should try those responsible for this massacre.

From Chile, Mr Erdogan stated: "These acts are totally contrary to the principles of international law; they are terrorist acts perpetrated by an inhuman state. I am speaking to those who endorsed this operation: you support bloodshed; we support peace and humanitarian law".

In the afternoon, as a member of NATO, Turkey addressed the Atlantic Council. If Ankara fails to receive the appropriate response from the Israeli government, it could decide to qualify the attack as an act of war and seek military aid from member states of the Alliance under Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.

The Netanyahu government has urged its citizens to leave Turkey, while spontaneous demonstrations before Israeli consulates have been multiplying and crowds are calling for revenge.

As for the U.S., this case is reminiscent of the USS Liberty (June 8, 1967). During the Six Day War, the Israelis attacked a U.S. Navy electronic surveillance ship, leaving 34 dead and 171 wounded. Tel Aviv presented an apology for the mistake made in a battle situation; while accepting it officially, Washington regarded it as a deliberate breach. At that time, the Israeli intention was to sanction the U.S. for its criticisms of Israel.

This time, the attack on the freedom convoy could represent a retaliation in light of Washington’s vote in favour of a resolution by States signatory of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty enjoining Israel to declare its nuclear arsenal and to accept inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The Israeli decision to attack civilian vessels in international waters came after the assassination in the Emirates a Palestinian leader by a Mossad cell, the discovery of a vast network of falsified copies of passports to the embarrassment of Western states; and after Israel’s refusal to attend the international follow-up conference on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. This set of facts can either be interpreted as a succession of exploits on the part of a state which is confident of its impunity - in this case, it could amount to just one more exploit or one too many -, or as an escalation following a brief public friction with the U.S. administration - signifying that Israel is asserting itself as the leader of the Zionist movement by showing that Tel Aviv decides and Washington complies.

Travelling in North America, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided to end his Canadian visit and cancel his visit to the White House. He was contacted on the phone by President Obama who asked for explanations.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay, stated that the Israeli operation had absolutely no legal justification. The U.N. Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Richard Falk, made it a point to emphasize that beyond the violation of the freedom of movement at sea, the blockade remains the fundamental issue. "Unless prompt and decisive actions are taken to challenge Israel’s attitude vis-à-vis Gaza, we will all be complicit in a criminal policy that threatens the survival of a beleaguered community," he said. The Security Council was urgently convened the same day at 6 p.m.. The Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs departed for New York [4].

What you said was spot on. Zionist terrorism, culminating in the King David bombing led to the British cutting and running.

What book did you pick these "myths" from Stringvest?

I'm not denying those things happened, but we got a state because we had nowhere else to go. First and foremost. But you're ignoring everything the Arabs have done in that period (massacres of innocent people for one in which the British have done nothing about)

And if you want to get into history now, I can name plenty of sinister actions by the British in years past. I can pretty much taint every country in the world.

That's not going to get you moving forward.

Not true.

There were 500K displaced Jewish people in Europe at the end of WW2.

The allies agreed to locate 200K in the USA, 200K in the UK and the balance in Europe, which the

overwhelming majority of displaced Jews welcomed and wanted.

The Zionist party objected and insisted they all be sent as settlers in what was to become Israel.

Why do the other muslim countries not help Palestina ? og yeah i know why, they hate Palestina more then Israel does.

So because Muslims hate them, we should too? Leave them to be devoured, eviscerated and cleansed from "Eretz Yisrael" (Greater Israel) and give all their land to "God's chosen people"?

There are thousands of Christians in Gaza too. Not that that should change your mind to help them or not.

i dont give a shit about them either thats the point, almost everywhere in the world they are (visitors that have permission to live in other countries) and they are only trouble everywhere they are. Well maybe not all of them but a huge persentage or how you spell it.

i dont give a shit about them either thats the point, almost everywhere in the world they are (visitors that have permission to live in other countries) and they are only trouble everywhere they are. Well maybe not all of them but a huge persentage or how you spell it.

Pardon me, but what the fuck are you on about? I seriously have no clue..

Are you like the resident alcoholic on TLW or something?