You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Schmeichel Jnr

Pidge

BBC Sport - Football - Notts County to tear up Kasper Schmeichel deal

If Cava is leaving us (not confirmed by any means, but suspected) and we want three keepers for next year, why spend ridiculous money on a Dida or James when we could potentially sign a proven backup on a fraction of the money. Reina, Gulasci and...?

or would the Utd tie be too much for you?

We have seven home grown keepers already in the squad. The time has come to either trust one of them or get rid of all of them.

Agree with this. If Gulacsi is as good as people say then let's give him a chance.

And as well as using him in the early rounds of the cup I really think we should use our backup keeper in some home games against the relegation fodder who have no desire to attack us. There are games at home where all Reina has to do is take a goalkick and it'd make sense to let Gulacsi have a game in these cases and let him get used to being part of the first team in a big stadium.

I honestly have no idea how good Martin is, I would expect Gulasci to be capable of playing in some cup games next year but we need three keepers good enough for the first team, and I can't really see any of our other options being one of them. All I am saying is that Kaspar would be a reliable backup, for little money as well.

Agree with this. If Gulacsi is as good as people say then let's give him a chance.

And as well as using him in the early rounds of the cup I really think we should use our backup keeper in some home games against the relegation fodder who have no desire to attack us. There are games at home where all Reina has to do is take a goalkick and it'd make sense to let Gulacsi have a game in these cases and let him get used to being part of the first team in a big stadium.

I games like these his goal kicks are one of our most dangerous assets at present due to us not being able to atack swiftly, consistently, or possessing a creative player that can break these defences down.

It is a sad fact but Alonso's departure set us back. He was a great fulcrum which we miss. I think Rafa is toying with the answer right now a triangle in the centre of Mascherano, Gerrard, and Aquilani up top.

I games like these his goal kicks are one of our most dangerous assets at present due to us not being able to atack swiftly, consistently, or possessing a creative player that can break these defences down.

It is a sad fact but Alonso's departure set us back. He was a great fulcrum which we miss. I think Rafa is toying with the answer right now a triangle in the centre of Mascherano, Gerrard, and Aquilani up top.

At times Reina's distribution is a massive asset for us I agree, but he really is a spectator in many games.

I doubt he'd come here to sit on the bench. He'll go to a side like Birmingham and try and get in as first choice - if indeed he's ready to be first choice at this level. I've seen nothing of Notts County this season.

He's fucking shit, i've never ever seen him catch a cross.

I've been to a lot of Notts County matches and he has been their best player. He can catch, has good distribution and he is mad as fuck. He is the Albino Pepe Reina.

He is on 19k a week at Notts County and he may want more to join us, but also, he wants first team football and he is still quite young for a keeper.

I've been to a lot of Notts County matches and he has been their best player. He can catch, has good distribution and he is mad as fuck. He is the Albino Pepe Reina.

He is on 19k a week at Notts County and he may want more to join us, but also, he wants first team football and he is still quite young for a keeper.

Fair enough mate, haven't seen him at Notts County and he is still young.

From what i've seen of him i really don't rate him so unless he's massively improved especially on crosses as he could never command his area and always ended up underneath the cross in no mans land.

19k is ridiculous money for a goalkeeper in League 2, football is fucked.

I agree 19k is too much. Lee Hughes and Ben Davies are on 9k a week as well.

He comes out a lot, perhaps a bit too much but he is very acrobatic and fast off his line.

He also gave me a hug before so for that reason, sign him up!

Fucking Ben Davies.