You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Juventus begin to hire backroom staff for Liverpool boss Benitez

bonesman

He definitely did tell some Villa players he was off in the week they got tonked by Chelsea. Some of them went in for talks about new contracts and he told them he wouldn't be there next season. Of course things can change and he might end up staying, but he did tell some of them he was leaving.

He's on a rolling contract isn't he so they wouldn't have to pay any compensation to Villa.

Rolling Contract so no compensation to pay.

Would be his biggest job so is hardly going to moan about lack of funds.

Does well on a limited budget, getting to finals and challenging for the Champions League positions.

We are signing some british youngsters in preperation.

Used to American owners.

Its on like Donkey Kong.

Oh the irony, Martin O'Neil 2008, criticises Liverpool for negotiating with Barry whilst he was still a Villa player and no we are to beleive he is negotiating with Liverpool for their job (which he never ever did when Ged was in charge).

Jesus christ, is this it? The replacement to take us to the next level this autisitic goblin!

I think he would be ok, especially on a budget, but nothing special, and would not be able to move us on to the next level even if we had investment sorted out. Doesn't strike me as hugely better than average.

I agree with this. Actually I'd take it a step further and say that even with significant investment in the squad, I doubt he'd take us forward. Slightly better than average manager in my opinion, we should be in for the top top guys. Whether we have the money for them is another issue, but if we're looking for cheaper than Rafa, then I'd look at someone like Pelligrini or Advocaat.

I'm not arsed about the style of play, I want to win stuff and I think with the quality of players we have he could win stuff with us.

Winning stuff isn't the problem, it wasn't the problem with Ged either. Winning one particular trophy is the problem.

And this tit ain't gonna do that, and no amount of bollocks by the T.A.R.Ts is going to change that.

He hasn't even taken over and the goal posts are already moving!

I'm not arsed about the style of play, I want to win stuff and I think with the quality of players we have he could win stuff with us.

Maybe, maybe not. If you took Villa out of his career I would be a lot more impressed. And after the last ten years, I am arsed about style of play. If we were winning stuff, less so.

If Rafa goes i want someone who's won big league titles and European trophies, like he's done.

You mean, not replacing a failure who has only won the champions league, fa cup and potentially UEFA cup, finished runner up in two other finals and took his team to their two highest points tally!

With an older manager who has just got his team to their first final and the semi final?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.