You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wikileaks video showing US air crew shooting Iraqi civilians

neko

I think it's a very strong possibility. He's ticking a lot of the right boxes. He's well connected in the republican machinery, he'll not only be a military poster boy but also a business poster boy, and he's also got that fundamentalist Christian element that wins so many votes over there. Given the path the US has chosen one has to wonder how a world in which military power is in the hands of unelected CEO's, with no consideration other than profit, will look. It's concerning.

Can't say that I've seen a single exit-poll that listed that as a decisive factor in voting behaviour. However, I do thinkThe Supreme court ruling on Corporate funding a few months ago was without doubt very concerning.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think, after 28 years, British attack helicopters firing on innocent civilians in Argentina would have come to light.

Concrete proof? You don't have anything on this subject at all, try not to let your dislike for the English take over your inner voice of reason.

Also I take back my apology, I had you pegged right from the off.

Bloody Sunday 1972 - Derry. British paras shot 27 civil rights protestors. 13 died. 7 were teenagers. Yes the IRA were present amongst the crowd but I see some similarities with this American incident.

I think its worth mentioning that because no army is immune from this sort of damage accross the globe. As horrible as it is its a fact of war isnt it?

You would think, after 28 years, British attack helicopters firing on innocent civilians in Argentina would have come to light.

Concrete proof? You don't have anything on this subject at all, try not to let your dislike for the English take over your inner voice of reason.

Also I take back my apology, I had you pegged right from the off.

Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a hater of Britain or England, I assure you I'm not. I'm mearly trying to be the devils advocate in this argument, and it annoys me when people just peg all Americans/American military as 'Dumb trigger happy yanks'. Yes there are plenty of trigger happy American Soldiers, the guys in that helicopter look to be that way inclined, but you can't tar all America soldiers like that. This is my point.

The fact that you're just trying to write me off as being an Irish person who dislikes England and hence will have a dig at the English every chance I get quite annoys me. That's not who I am or what I'm doing, I was making a point, if you don't like the point or disagree with it fair enough, but don't try to paint me as an idiot who's idea of Patriotism is to give out about England to anyone who'll listen.

Guest ShoePiss
Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a hater of Britain or England, I assure you I'm not. I'm mearly trying to be the devils advocate in this argument, and it annoys me when people just peg all Americans/American military as 'Dumb trigger happy yanks'. Yes there are plenty of trigger happy American Soldiers, the guys in that helicopter look to be that way inclined, but you can't tar all America soldiers like that. This is my point.

The fact that you're just trying to write me off as being an Irish person who dislikes England and hence will have a dig at the English every chance I get quite annoys me. That's not who I am or what I'm doing, I was making a point, if you don't like the point or disagree with it fair enough, but don't try to paint me as an idiot who's idea of Patriotism is to give out about England to anyone who'll listen.

Well I tried a number of times to not write you off but you haven't come back to back up your comment that the British Army were involved in something similar to the thread topic in the Falklands war.

You're only response on this has been 'well I'm sure it happened'.

As it happens I completely agree with your point about sweeping statements concerning USA...

Well I tried a number of times to not write you off but you haven't come back to back up your comment that the British Army were involved in something similar to the thread topic in the Falklands war.

You're only response on this has been 'well I'm sure it happened'.

As it happens I completely agree with your point about sweeping statements concerning USA...

Read one of the books by Vince Bramley,a para .Im sure he'd put your naivity to rest.

Guest ShoePiss
Read one of the books by Vince Bramley,a para .Im sure he'd put your naivity to rest.

Look I asked the lad who was claiming that the British Army were guilty of the same kind of thing in the Falklands war as this thread topic to tell me about it and he still hasn't got back to me there.

I assume you've read this book and can do what the other lad can't then?

I'm not sure how I'm naive. However, earlier in the thread I did mention that I may be ignorant to the incident he brought up so if you'd be so kind...

• 11 months later...