You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

One small consolation is that several hacks at the Indie and the Times are really gunning for Cecil now. He's in for a hell of a couple of months.

please let this be true, we know purslow has people following the forums and has no qualms about threatening to shut them down and shut downfree speech, the papers should go to town on him or they'll be next. Oh and that link with Lippi...hahahahaha fucking back up to woy, what is the world coming too? they are just taking the piss out of us all plain and simple and the sad thing is theres some sad fuckers that still fall for it. Thats what an abusive relationship does though I suppose.

Why are you saying that mate? Has he done something to get bad press or what?

I was just told (not by a footie writer but someone in a more general editorial role at one of the papers) that a couple of in-depth investigative reports are almost ready for publication. I got the impression that an initial irritation at his manipulative nature gradually evolved into a much more serious concern about his behaviour and relationship with Hicks, so research was done.

Off topic, JohnnyH, but talking of respect, here's what you wrote about Michael Owen on this forum... Who are you to tell others who they should and should not respect!? :whistle:

People were always talking about cashing in on Owen. He was never given the respect he deserved. People were falling over themselves to idolise Fowler when Owen was infinately more professional then Fowler ever was. Owen singed numerous contracts with us when we were utterly shite and he could have moved to any club in the World from 1998 onwards but he stayed for a further 6 years.

Sweet fuckin' Jesus, were you trawling the forum for the whole day looking for something? I must have written that a few years back?

Anyway, as soon as Hodgson wins us an FA Cup, UEFA Cup, a couple of League Cups and shows himself to be one of the best in the world in his position while working for Liverpool Football Club, then I think I'll be able to talk about respecting him. Even at that, I've said Owen was never given the respect he deserved, as opposed to you who was demanding Hodgson be respected despite his average career.

Weird weird example, and weird weird thing to do trawling the forum to try and find such a bad example.

They don't. I'd have Hodgson over Mancini, Moyes and Redknapp. I don't mind O'Neill but I think Roy's more savvy. End of the day its all about opinions.

Despite how muich I depise the owners and I think Purslow is a snake in the grass, i think Hodgson's calm attitude could help the club on the field and not cause further friction and division within the club. If people want to call that a s 'yes man' they are free to do so. Roy wil come knowing full well what restrictions are in place and he'll do the very best he can to work within those parameters.

We will have to disagree about wether they are better managers like you say opinions and all that.

Phill Brown would come in and know the restrictions and do his very best plus he won the championship and can knock out a tune at the christmas party.

Please, do elaborate! You've got me excited

Sorry mate, that, pitiful though it is, is pretty much all I know. I deal sometimes with a nice Old Etonian at one of the papers - general features, not sport- and we usually waffle on about football as a preamble (he's a Chelski fan) and, as I was moaning about Purslow and how he needs serious investigating rather than all these cosy briefings, he said, 'It's actually being done and I'm sure you'll see it soon'. I really don't know what's been found, if anything, but there's certainly been some sniffing. Apart from articles, I wouldn't be surprised if bits are slipped into print first in Charlie Sale's Daily Mail sport diary, because I gather he's been compiling some gripes about Purslow himself from Premier League execs who, apparently, took an instant dislike to him when he started going to the exec meetings.

Good luck to your club mate next season. I hope whoever does take over can carry on Roy's excellent work over the past two seasons and even improve further. Apart from when you play us of course.

Good luck to your club mate next season. I hope whoever does take over can carry on Roy's excellent work over the past two seasons and even improve further. Apart from when you play us of course.

Cheers mate, appreciate the sentiment.

Unfortunately I fear that we are fucked for next season, especially if Curbishley takes over. All the players hate him, konch, pantsil,murphy and zamora.:wallbutt:

Cheers mate, appreciate the sentiment.

Unfortunately I fear that we are fucked for next season, especially if Curbishley takes over. All the players hate him, konch, pantsil,murphy and zamora.:wallbutt:

What is the beef with Curbs and Konchesky? I know they have had problems for years and didn't it nearly end up in court or something not so long ago?

Looks like Roy may be interested in Konchesky anyway. How has he done for Fulham?

People reading this don't turn this into a Konchesky slag-fest I am just interested in what the Fulham fans in general perception of Konchesky is.

Guest PurpleNose
Let the mediocrity begin...

Stevie and Nando won't be hanging around with earth fucking shattering signings like Hangeland.

We can't afford Hangeland.

Why do I get the feeling there is some kind of hidden meaning in that post? I could be imagining it I don't know. Apologies if I am mate.

Because we live in an era in which even fellow supporters are mutually suspicious?

Who knows? That's one only you can answer mate. There is no hidden meaning. I can't ever imagine not backing the manager of Liverpool Football Club unless his name is Souness. A year ain we would've all laughed had someone suggested Hodgson would be our manager but circumstances have put him in that position. Good luck to him,

i would love nothing better for him to be a resounding success. For me, success would be restoring unity and harmony cos all I can see is division right now.

Because we live in an era in which even fellow supporters are mutually suspicious?

Who knows? That's one only you can answer mate. There is no hidden meaning. I can't ever imagine not backing the manager of Liverpool Football Club unless his name is Souness. A year ain we would've all laughed had someone suggested Hodgson would be our manager but circumstances have put him in that position. Good luck to him,

i would love nothing better for him to be a resounding success. For me, success would be restoring unity and harmony cos all I can see is division right now.

Share your sentiments just coming to terms with the worst LFC managerial appointment of my lifetime, but as you say times change. I fully supported every other managerial appointment especially Souness who I thought was a very good appoinment at the time.

The Manager now has my full support but I cant help thinking he is totally the wrong appointment