You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I agree with all of this. Both of those players let the team down with their performances last season and, in Gerrard's case, his attitude too.

That could be said of too many of the squad, though. The attitude and body language of Fernando was negative, to say the least, in far too many games.

Giving Roy that league managers association manager of the year award last year reminds me of when they gave Paul Newman the Oscar for colour of money.

Pretty shit film but he has never had one and is getting on a bit. Best give him the award now cause he will be packing it in soon.

Giving Roy that league managers association manager of the year award last year reminds me of when they gave Paul Newman the Oscar for colour of money.

Pretty shit film but he has never had one and is getting on a bit. Best give him the award now cause he will be packing it in soon.

The Ryan giggs effect

I wasn't aware that Hodgson had managed Liverpool before, never mind for 30 years.

Ahhhh I see, it only counts if done for Liverpool - then why all the claims of World Class managers crawling over broken glass to manage us as really, they've done fuck all in the game as they haven't done it with us eh?

Withya.

Ahhhh I see, it only counts if done for Liverpool - then why all the claims of World Class managers crawling over broken glass to manage us as really, they've done fuck all in the game as they haven't done it with us eh?

Withya.

I thought once Benitez had left you might actually settle down and be worth having a chat with about footy. I was wrong on an epic scale unfortunately.

It's actually beautifully ironic in a way that we're now roles reversed!

It's a bit deflating I suppose, but there you have it. I think he'll do better than Rafa did last season, but then that's not really that difficult. I don't think any of the big players bar maybe Mascherano will get off this summer, but then there are a lot of things we are not privy to.

I thought once Benitez had left you might actually settle down and be worth having a chat with about footy. I was wrong on an epic scale unfortunately.

It's actually beautifully ironic in a way that we're now roles reversed!

We can have a chat about footy any time you like - perhaps we could start with footy reasons that Liverpool fc have lowered their expectations and some fans have simply accepted it.

I don't see how the roles have reversed though - I haven't been part of a witch hunt against a manager. Do you actually think Hodgson should have been considered for the role?

SO...it's official. Hodgson it is.

The Board have always wanted him. First choice.

Well they can stuff off.

KENNY KENNY KENNY KENNY KENNY

but paul newman could say he deserved it for the great films he had made were he was nominated for the oscar before and should have won(the hustler,cool hand luke)just to name 2.can roy look back and say he deserved the lma award for his great managerial acheivements in the past?

We can have a chat about footy any time you like - perhaps we could start with footy reasons that Liverpool fc have lowered their expectations and some fans have simply accepted it.

I don't see how the roles have reversed though - I haven't been part of a witch hunt against a manager. Do you actually think Hodgson should have been considered for the role?

1) I haven't lowered my expectations; when Hodgson takes over i'll expect the same of him as I did Benitez.

2) I have never been part of any kind of witch hunt and you're being a bit of a girls blouse to suggest that I have.

3) I think Hodgson was right to be in the frame but as an outside bet; a contingency action if you like.

SO...it's official. Hodgson it is.

The Board have always wanted him. First choice.

Well they can stuff off.

No, it isn't.

Won't you?

I'm not expecting any title challenges.

My expectation of Hodgson is for him to manage a very difficult situation whilst injecting a bit of moral and organisation back into the side.

Maybe a good cup run too.

I'm not expecting any title challenges.

My expectation of Hodgson is for him to manage a very difficult situation whilst injecting a bit of moral and organisation back into the side.

Maybe a good cup run too.

I don't expect a title challenge in his first year, that would be unfair on any manager.

All new managers need time and it will be no different with Hodgson.