You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

A very good defender when he managed to get a run in the side. It's unfortunate that he was so injury prone. We've had a few defenders over the years who could have been better than they were, were it not for their various fitness and health issues. You could name a back line of Rob Jones, Markus Babbel, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio.

A very good defender when he managed to get a run in the side. It's unfortunate that he was so injury prone. We've had a few defenders over the years who could have been better than they were, were it not for their various fitness and health issues. You could name a back line of Rob Jones, Markus Babbel, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio.

Veggard Heggem on the bench.

Agger is a good example why I hate that northern irish spraytanned piece of shit. JP I'm referring to Bredgilla Rodgieshit. As soon as the cunt was signed, he got the green light from the Boston Criminals to push Agger and Reina to the exit. Agger was on the verge of joining Barcelona, but he showed loyalty to Liverpool. The Rodgieshit fraudster ruined his career.

His son is a voyeur nonce and If I ever played against him, I'd break his legs in pieces and walk all over his ugly face.

Ex-Liverpool Defender Daniel Agger Reveals Real Reason He Left Anfield in 2014

​Former Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has revealed the reason he left Anfield in 2014 was due to constant arguments with former Reds boss Brendan Rogers.

Upon leaving the club on a cut-price deal to Danish side Brondby, Agger admitted that he was no longer fit enough to deal with the physicality of the Premier League.

The ex-Denmark international ​officially retired from football on Thursday at just 31 years of age.

​However, while speaking to Danish Television station TV3 Sport, the 31-year old revealed that his fitness wasn't the primary reason for his departure in 2014, citing his relationship with Brendan Rogers as a driving force in his exit from the club.

“There was much [distance] between us, and for me it was just enough,” he told ​TV3 Sport. “I felt that he didn’t appreciate the things I could and contributed. When I feel that, then it’s time to move on.

“When you are a part of the starting eleven for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, then you are left out of the team and don’t feel appreciated, it starts to get pray on your mind and you wonder.

“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game – which are so important all around the world of football – and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”

In spite of his criticism for the current Celtic FC manager, Agger admitted that Rogers had good coaching ability.

“I think he is an incredibly talented manager,” he added. “You can’t take that away from him. He’s good in the way he trains and he is clever in the way he sets the team up. He’s an extremely, extremely competent coach. The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way. Maybe it is wrong to always expect this.”

• 1 month later...

There's a good piece about his over reliance on anti-inflammatories on The Guardian's site. His body is fucked and he's in constant pain with his back apparently, could only give 70℅ come the end. Had some good things to say about Rafa, some not so good things about Hodgson and Rodgers, didn't have the best of relationships with the latter.

Oh, and he nearly signed for Everton but Moyes didn't think he was ready.

• Upvote 2

There's a good piece about his over reliance on anti-inflammatories on The Guardian's site. His body is fucked and he's in constant pain with his back apparently, could only give 70℅ come the end. Had some good things to say about Rafa, some not so good things about Hodgson and Rodgers, didn't have the best of relationships with the latter.

Oh, and he nearly signed for Everton but Moyes didn't think he was ready.

When he made mistakes and he was dropped or the manager criticised him he wasn't happy.Sounds like the problem was him and not the manager.

• Downvote 1

Skrtel has contributed far more than Klopp and was treated far more harshly.Im interested to see who's side fans will be on over this as if they feel Rodgers was wrong then Klopp has behaved even worse.

Stop ruining every thread you enter you quim. This is about Agger, someone who clearly put his body through hell to pull on the shirt, not your fly by night car salesman.
  • Upvote 3

So the rumour was right. Some feat to shut Rodgers up.

Things came to a head again when, according to Agger, there was a heated conversation between him and Rodgers at half-time against Swansea City on 23 February 2014. Rodgers was criticising the two central defenders, Skrtel and Agger, for letting Wilfried Bony have too much of the ball.

“Everyone was quiet but I stood up and said: ‘How can you stand there and say that when we are only doing what you have been going on about all week.’

“Rodgers looked at me and muttered: ‘Whatever.’ I was substituted 12 minutes later.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Upvote 2

When he made mistakes and he was dropped or the manager criticised him he wasn't happy.Sounds like the problem was him and not the manager.

Agger is basically saying Rodgers couldn't coach a team to defend to save his life. We never conceded less than 43 goals in a league season under his tenure.

I wonder who's in the right here.

• Upvote 1