You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

JP..Glen Johnson one of the best right backs in Europe?

Get the fuck out of it.

He wasn't even the best right back in his own house

Is there a better full-back in the country than Glen Johnson right now? Retweet if you doubt it #LFC

That's what the LFC account was saying a couple of years ago and a lot of people agreed.He was excellent his first three seasons, injury problems started in his fourth but he came back in January and played a part in our title challenge.His last season he was fucked from injuries and couldn't stay fit.

Excellent player imo and one of the only signings we've made in the prem who turned down top sides to join us, he should get a lot more respect from LFC fans even those who don't rate him, like Agger he turned down top sides in the cl to stay here while we were shite.

• Downvote 2

I liked his attitude and loyalty but feel he was overrated and never fulfilled his potential due to injuries, the season we got to the cl final and the second season under Kenny he was very good, the rest of the time injuries plagued him.

He went at the right time as did Gerrard, Carra and Reina.We did replace him with a better CB signing Lovren but he took time to settle as everyone knows.

Stop. Just fucking stop.

Agger was a superb player, Rolls Royce of a centre back. Injuries did plague him, but when fit, and on form, there weren't many better. Light years ahead of Lovren, and I actually like Dejan.

I can name 30 Norgies that were better.

I'm struggling to think of a rb who's played in the prem who was better than him at his peak, Neville was better defensively but was nowhere near as good on the ball.

Some seem to remember him for the palace game while I remember him as being our best attacking threat playing at rb and pocketing Bale when he was flying.The semi in the carling cup against city at anfield under Kenny was the game I realised LFC had gone downhill, we were nowhere near their team and GJ was the only player good enough to get in city's team.He was head and shoulders above the rest of our players and was the only one able to play in tight spaces against that quality.

I can't explain why LFC fans treated him they way they did, all I can think is they were influenced by the media who made out he couldn't defend and games like Palace stick out in their minds.

Stop. Just fucking stop.

Agger was a superb player, Rolls Royce of a centre back. Injuries did plague him, but when fit, and on form, there weren't many better. Light years ahead of Lovren, and I actually like Dejan.

Like Ferdinand the talk about Agger bringing the ball out from the back was a myth, he hardly done that and I can remember the three times he did.The goals against West Ham and Blackburn and he set a goal up against Wigan when he ran from the back to their box.Defensively he wasn't anything special imo and we have had quite a few who were better in that area and we have a few now who are better.

I never saw Hansen but I've heard he was a one off and one of the best of all time, if Agger was close to being as good as him then Hansen was overrated.

Like Ferdinand the talk about Agger bringing the ball out from the back was a myth, he hardly done that and I can remember the three times he did.The goals against West Ham and Blackburn and he set a goal up against Wigan when he ran from the back to their box.Defensively he wasn't anything special imo and we have had quite a few who were better in that area and we have a few now who are better.

I never saw Hansen but I've heard he was a one off and one of the best of all time, if Agger was close to being as good as him then Hansen was overrated.

Johnson was at 'his peak' for about eighteen months. During that year and a half he was a great player, got up and down really well, effective at both ends of the pitch. Those eighteen months aside, he was either unfit or erratic at best.

I'm guessing these months were at Portsmouth cause they sure as hell weren't in a Liverpool top, we've replaced his haplessness well with Moreno.

• Upvote 1

Sad news.

My best memory of Agger was his smashing that sulky ex number 9 who used to play for us when we first met after his transfer to chelsea.

Took danny all of about 5 minutes to flatten the judas cunt if I remember right.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sad news.

My best memory of Agger was his smashing that sulky ex number 9 who used to play for us when we first met after his transfer to chelsea.

Took danny all of about 5 minutes to flatten the judas cunt if I remember right.

That really was exceptional.

I liked his attitude and loyalty but feel he was overrated and never fulfilled his potential due to injuries, the season we got to the cl final and the second season under Kenny he was very good, the rest of the time injuries plagued him.

He went at the right time 

Have to agree with that.

Such promise, but he didn't fulfill it partly down to injuries, partly due to him always struggling against the more physical players, who could bully him.

Think him and Skrtel had similar LFC careers, neither really growing into the players we wanted and hoped, although that was due to different reasons and flaws in their games.

Can't knock his love for LFC, but that goes for many players who play for us.  Good defender, but certainly not the legend he is made out to be and a perfect example of the term being used too cheaply.  Sami Hyypia now there is a legend!

Sad news.

That, the YNWA knuckles and rejecting of the City bid.

The last named top I got was his from the 13-14 season.

• Upvote 2

Agger is a good example why I hate that northern irish spraytanned piece of shit. JP I'm referring to Bredgilla Rodgieshit. As soon as the cunt was signed, he got the green light from the Boston Criminals to push Agger and Reina to the exit. Agger was on the verge of joining Barcelona, but he showed loyalty to Liverpool. The Rodgieshit fraudster ruined his career.

His son is a voyeur nonce and If I ever played against him, I'd break his legs in pieces and walk all over his ugly face.