You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Yep, you have certainly not cut Rodgers any slack before a ball is kicked, that's for sure.

What gives you faith in Segura?

Well he at least appears to know that players exist outside of a Swansea postcode.

Which is already a head start on the manager.

Well he at least appears to know that players exist outside of a Swansea postcode.

Which is already a head start on the manager.

Your problem with Rodgers is that he's signing players he's familiar with? A lot of managers are guilty of that.

But anyway, for every Liverpool manaager appointed from 1892 till now, there will have been sceptics such as yourself poo-poohing their appointment.

Like the sceptics before you, time will see you right or wrong.

Hes not touting per say, he's tellin City if you want Daniel Agger you are goin to have to pay an insane amount of money for him. Its a tactic used to scare potential bidders off.

He's like saying "yeah every players got a price including Agger, but you've seen how much the boy Thiago Silva went for didn't you?..... Well if you want Daniel Agger your going to have to pay close to that."

What a load of shit.

Do you think Ferguson would come out with such bollocks if City wanted their most talented defender?

Your problem with Rodgers is that he's signing players he's familiar with? A lot of managers are guilty of that.

But anyway, for every Liverpool manaager appointed from 1892 till now, there will have been sceptics such as yourself poo-poohing their appointment.

Like the sceptics before you, time will see you right or wrong.

True.

But players that are good/acceptable at clubs like Swansea does not always translate to them being good/acceptable at Liverpool.

Hodgson found this out to his cost.

True.

But players that are good/acceptable at clubs like Swansea does not always translate to them being good/acceptable at Liverpool.

Do me a favour mate. Take a tip from your location and fuck off for good.

I don't understand how people can be so negative about a new manager. I don't agree with how he's handled the Agger and Carroll transfer situations myself but neither have left and I don't think I've seen Carroll put as much effort in as he did today. Maybe Rodgers is more clever than he's being given credit for. This seems to have shocked Carroll. He's at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he could have ended up at west ham maybe that's the kick up the arse he needed.

I hope Agger doesn't go as players like him are very difficult to find but he has had a lot of injuries. In my view it would seriously impact us going for the top 4 massively. If Rodgers decides he goes then you can't just write him off for one decision you don't agree with.

I haven't felt this excited about a season starting for a while. We are going to see something different. Even Carragher is keeping the ball on the floor. If you can't see the difference in style to what we've have been playing like I the past few years then you need your eyes testing. I'm never one for getting carried away with pre season games but come on you've got to feel there's something a bit different about Rodgers than your typical prem manager.

I don't understand how people can be so negative about a new manager. I don't agree with how he's handled the Agger and Carroll transfer situations myself but neither have left and I don't think I've seen Carroll put as much effort in as he did today. Maybe Rodgers is more clever than he's being given credit for. This seems to have shocked Carroll. He's at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he could have ended up at west ham maybe that's the kick up the arse he needed.

I hope Agger doesn't go as players like him are very difficult to find but he has had a lot of injuries. In my view it would seriously impact us going for the top 4 massively. If Rodgers decides he goes then you can't just write him off for one decision you don't agree with.

I haven't felt this excited about a season starting for a while. We are going to see something different. Even Carragher is keeping the ball on the floor. If you can't see the difference in style to what we've have been playing like I the past few years then you need your eyes testing. I'm never one for getting carried away with pre season games but come on you've got to feel there's something a bit different about Rodgers than your typical prem manager.

We haven't seen anything yet, and Carroll was excellent from the Newcatle game onwards.

Carragher kept the ball down last season as well, it was commented on here and other places.

What difference in style? It's pass & move barring Houllier & Hodgson it's a style every liverpool manager has adopted since Shankly.

We got Agger for 5.5m, we got Skrtel for 6.5m. There's no reason we can't replace Agger.

Inflation on players has set in substantially in the last 4-5 years. Agger is at his peak (some would argue he's PAST it ;-) but it's not just the cost of finding a replacement, said replacement has to 'bed in' .

Maybe Coates should be making that leap up about now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We haven't seen anything yet, and Carroll was excellent from the Newcatle game onwards.

No he wasn't, he was shit. He was just less utterly shit than for the previous 16 months.

Carragher kept the ball down last season as well, it was commented on here and other places.

Carra continually pumped up long balls to Carrol.

difference in style? It's pass & move barring Houllier & Hodgson it's a style every liverpool manager has adopted since Shankly.[/quote ]

It's not just pass and move at all, dicko.

What difference in style? It's pass & move barring Houllier & Hodgson it's a style every liverpool manager has adopted since Shankly.

I think it's been said but Carroll hasn't been excellent at any point in a Liverpool shirt.

Carragher didn't keep the ball down enough and when Carroll was on the pitch he went back to launching it quite a bit.

Every football club in the world passes and moves. Ther difference in style is that we have got 3 and 4 people chasing down their backline when they have got the ball and regardless of how much pressure our backline are under we are trying to pass it out from the back. Putting that amount of pressure on the oppositions backline never happened under any of our previous managers while I have been alive. I am not getting carried away because it's been some shite side in Europe and a friendly at home though but we never even did this in friendlies.

Your argument is basically that we've got 11 players on a football pitch and one of them is a goalkeeper, oh and they play in red. What difference is there?

Some right fuckin bell ends on here. We haven't got much money & every player has a price, if a silly offer is made for Dan, we would have to consider it given his age & injury record. I don't know what the manager has done wrong in some people's eyes. There's too many negative self righteous knob heads on here. Whoever were linked, they're not good enough, whoever we sell, we shouldn't. I didn't really want Brendan but since he's been here he has done nothing but impress me. Hes taken over a squad that lacks depth & balance after the previous manager spent bucketloads on total shit. Id much rather have Brendan making footballing decisions than the last manager, Brendan has a plan & is buying players who fit that plan, unlike the last manager. I have no doubt whatsoever we will improve on last season. We need to get behind him.

The total mishandling of The Agger & Carroll situations, (and don't anyone try to insult our intelligence by claiming it hasn't been utterly piss poor.) his transfer targets:

Sigurdsson

Borini

Allen

Williams (if Agger leaves)

All suggest a very limited vision regarding transfers.

Even the one not linked with Swansea, Dempsey is hardly what you would call a stellar signing, certainly not for some of the exorbitant prices we've seen bandied about.

You'd be a belting guest on Sunday Supplement, along with all the other whopping shiny faced cunts.

I bet you were gutted when Borini scored.

I don't understand how people can be so negative about a new manager. I don't agree with how he's handled the Agger and Carroll transfer situations

Rodgers is a risk, but he represents where we are, recruited from a club that only finished a few positions behind us. I agree we should be behind him.

I think he has dealt with the Carroll and Agger situtaions with refreshing honesty.

Carroll was grotesquely over priced and is a mid table PL player. That is not a secret that only the Club knows- everyone knows it, and Rodgers has faced up to it.

Agger will always be a risk. Playing regularly he is amongst the best defenders around, injured he is of no use to anyone. Keep or sell? It's a gamble. Again it is no secret, his 50% playing record is a fact, and he isnt getting any younger. If we retain him and he is injured for the rest of his contract any fee for him would have been a good result.

My own view is that he should be retained, on his existing contract, and his games restricted to the league.

Dicko, what the hell happened to you? I seem to remember you as pretty level-headed..? Some of the shit you're giving Rodgers on here is quite embarassing TBH.

For the record, we will have a much better season performance-wise in 12/13 than we had in 11/12, and that will do me just fine. Give him time to build, and see where it takes us. The days of paying 30m in managerial pay-offs and 300 gazillion in squad rebuilding every 3-4 seasons is hopefully over. We are acting like a club intent on living off what we can generate ourselves through suceess on the pitch and, indirectly, operational profits. The billion dollar golden sugardaddy will never arrive, so just come to terms with the fact that the chances of us winning the league again are miniscule if we don't take a very long-term and patient approach.

True.

And neither does it mean they won't be any good at Liverpool. You appear to be very one eyed in this and perhaps a little objectivity would help you.

Just a suggestion like.