You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

44 minutes ago, Elite said:

£20 from Amazon.

Humble bundle just had a resident evil pack with about seven or eight games. Looking forward to getting stuck in…

• 2 weeks later...

I got Saints Row on the day it came out and have been really liking it for the most part. I definitely get San Andreas vibes from it too at times even though the game itself isn't as good and the AI isn't trying to be on the levels of GTA games either. I think the world itself is great though and there's tons of side missions to do and customisation, vehicles, music, humour are all good too. I like the graphics as well and with some of the weather effects parts of the city and surrounding areas can even look awesome at times, even though it's not trying to be groundbreaking or anything. Compared to the last main Saints Row release almost a decade ago though they're way more advanced and it helps the world feel a lot more alive.

At the same time the game has been slated by critics and older fans who wanted something more like the earlier games that are focused on older characters and their story. I didn't get into this since Saints Row 4 though then got into 3 later so these games being batshit crazy and less grounded is more normal to me. It's also got tons of bugs and they might be still patching this a year from now I think if they stick with it.

I think the critics would have been better with it if it wasn't so bugged but the story and some of the gameplay tied to it not being very original and/or repetitive was also a problem I think. So definitely not a game for everyone but for those that like messing around in open world games and not having to be bothered about the main story as much I think it can work really well, although it might be best left until later when it's on sale and patched up more for anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vampire Survivors (PC)- 9.5/10. Digital crack, incredibly addictive reverse bullet hell with a surprising amount of depth and a very generous price point. Game of the year for me, it was excellent even in Early Access, the recent full release is absolutely superb and is currently 20% off in the Halloween sale. For just over £3, you're getting 40-50 hours of supremely satisfying gameplay, easy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1794680/Vampire_Survivors/

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mudface said:

Vampire Survivors (PC)- 9.5/10. Digital crack, incredibly addictive reverse bullet hell with a surprising amount of depth and a very generous price point. Game of the year for me, it was excellent even in Early Access, the recent full release is absolutely superb and is currently 20% off in the Halloween sale. For just over £3, you're getting 40-50 hours of supremely satisfying gameplay, easy.

I picked that up for £2.09 - I highly recommend www.steamdb.info/sales. They also have a plug in for browsers which syncs into steam, giving ratings and pricing history. Very clever stuff...

Screenshot 2022-10-30 100739.png

On 29/10/2022 at 20:45, Mudface said:

Might be worth looking at Brotato, inspired by Vampire Survivors...

Brotato on Steam (steampowered.com)

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Was half hoping I'd get God of War delivered today. Gone are the days where you'd get it games a day or so early.

I used to work in Game and if a new game was accidentally sold early, we had to phone other stores that sold the same title that this video game had ‘broken’. Code for you can sell it now even though it hasn’t officially released. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing happens with shipping…if a company ships too early it’s fair game to send it out.

Apparently it sold early in the US and people played it before release and Sony asked people to not release spoilers.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I used to work in Game and if a new game was accidentally sold early, we had to phone other stores that sold the same title that this video game had ‘broken’. Code for you can sell it now even though it hasn’t officially released. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing happens with shipping…if a company ships too early it’s fair game to send it out.

Apparently it sold early in the US and people played it before release and Sony asked people to not release spoilers.

I remember always getting games early but as I say, this hasn't happened for a while.

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm trying to hold out till Black Friday and maybe get a deal on Ragnarok. Really tempted to just pull the trigger now though. I rinsed every second out of the first game.

I'd be surprised if there's a deal that quickly. Best bet is physical buy followed by trade in then buy again cheaper.

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm trying to hold out till Black Friday and maybe get a deal on Ragnarok. Really tempted to just pull the trigger now though. I rinsed every second out of the first game.

The Platinum for God of War was surprisingly easy and could be done just by completing all the quests.

I hope this next one is the same and doesn't have the stupid 'kill 2,000 Draugr's by kicking them in the bollocks' style tasks that other games rely on to give the illusion of content.