You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Steaus Bucharest 1986" - bad taste?

Red Mist

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is every evertonian I know, without exception, is 100% certain they would have won the European cup if Heysel had never happened.

Never mind Juventus, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, amongst others were in it, they would have deffo won it.

It fucking pisses me off, like thats the real tragedy of Heysel. Half the cunts shouting stuff are too young to even remember Heysel, never mind the fact they couldn't play in the European cup the next year.

Clearly not meant in any way to glorify the Heysel tragedy, rather to make a mockery of their "ifithadnabinferheysel" bollocks they constantly come out with. They can safely do this as they know there's no fuckin way of proving or disproving it, even though everyone knows its shite.

Fuck the mongrel cunts. They know how it was meant, but will twist it's meaning to make a negative headline out of it in our honour.

Funnily, noticed on a blueshite site that a few of their fans where accusing us of singing "fat little blacky" at "The Yak". Hilarious the depths they will stoop to.

The Blueshite have gone the Echo with it.

Did anybody see the banner they had? It was in the corner of their support and was white with black marker on. It went up and then they started with the MEEEERDDDEERERS shite. I imagine that picture would have all we need in response.

I seen them put it up but one of there own fans ragged it down. Didnt see what it said though.

The banner is wrong imo. It's not horrific but there's enough bad blood, i just think we should leave it be. I watched the derby in Preston and it was good natured apart from one scumbag chanting murderers.

He's the kind of twat that will see that banner and think it justifies his bile. Total scumbag. Alas all teams have their share of twats.

The thing is every evertonian I know, without exception, is 100% certain they would have won the European cup if Heysel had never happened.

Never mind Juventus, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, amongst others were in it, they would have deffo won it.

It fucking pisses me off, like thats the real tragedy of Heysel. Half the cunts shouting stuff are too young to even remember Heysel, never mind the fact they couldn't play in the European cup the next year.

Doesn't mean they don't know their history pal. That banner was a mockery at their petty small time witterings "ifithadntofbeenferhesyel". However it can be percieved so differently and i for one didn't appreciate it and i'm only 22.

I had a go at Scott Murray of the Guardian on Saturday. He made a quip about the Kyrgiakos red card, saying there was nothing "murderous" about it.

"33 min: THIS HAD TO HAPPEN. RED CARD. Kyrgiakos goes in two-footed on Fellaini. The defender is sent off without ceremony. There didn't seem to be any murderous intent, but you simply can't go flying through the air, two sets of studs showing. It's a deserved red - Fellaini is carried to the sidelines on a stretcher for more treatment - though Liverpool will argue that it should be the second of the match."

For me it was a clear dig. The "murderers" song had been heard several times on tv, clearly. Anyone connected with football knows what it is. So I wrote:

"That is a disgraceful comment - and I imagine you will be hearing more about it. Making light of 39 deaths for a stupid joke is appalling. I've forwarded it on to the club."

So then he writes back: "I genuinely don't want to cause offence, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm happy to change/remove it if I've missed something obvious."

To which I replied: "Scott, even from the Guardian tv room, you must have known what "Murderers" means. It's an offence to the 39 who died at Heysel. It's an offence to all Liverpool fans who have to submit to being called murderers by Evertonians, ManU fans etc. Heysel was a horrible tragedy, for which Liverpool fans were responsible. You were fully aware of what you wrote, and feigning ignorance means you are either not man enough to "fess up" or not knowledgeable to be a football journalist. Sorry Scott, that was -- and is -- well out of order."

End of thread.

There is no way he was being anything other than snidey there. It was a clear dig - but like the Mancs singing "We won it three times without killing anyone" it gets ignored. I'm fucking sick of it - and I am upset at our own fans making light of it. The Steaua thing was shite - and so was the 1-0 to the murderers we sang last time. There are no ifs and buts about. We killed people in Italy, end of story. Sure there were mitigating circumstances, but that changes nothing. We were responsible, so we lose any sort of right to moral outrage about it.

EDIT: I obviously mean we killed people in Belgium.

If the Sheffield police came out and made comments about Hillsborough - in any circumstance - we'd be up in arms. We can't have it both ways.

Edited by ottawa_lfc
Error

Doesn't mean they don't know their history pal. That banner was a mockery at their petty small time witterings "ifithadntofbeenferhesyel". However it can be percieved so differently and i for one didn't appreciate it and i'm only 22.

I would say that most of them don't know their history. They at best twist the facts to suit their own bitter, twisted agenda.

On the banner, it was perhaps ill advised in hindsight, but considering the provocation we have to put up with from them, I don't see it as any more than a mild rebuke.

I would say that most of them don't know their history. They at best twist the facts to suit their own bitter, twisted agenda.

On the banner, it was perhaps ill advised in hindsight, but considering the provocation we have to put up with from them, I don't see it as any more than a mild rebuke.

We agree to disagree then. It wasn't big or clever to stoop to their level, the chants about no trophies for 15 years and your captain is a manc are quality and show the difference between the class in fans. Leave the shit banners at home, i'd rather see 5 flags with big ears on them, rather than taking up precious space on the Kop to piss off another team and lower our standards.

what good would that do? Forward it to the echo maybe - maybe the MP for riding, but not to Juve fans. It would cause offence (in my opinion).

yeh i know but its a bit stupid of them if they are putting our banner on Juventus forums when Juventus fans would be a LOT more disgusted with Evertons banner

I think it's bad taste and even though we understand the context of it the signals it sends are very likely to be misunderstood. And with all the bitter BS and Mancs around this world they are prone to take full advantage of it. It happened, but banners like that should be avoided or at least be better evaluated before being displayed in front of the Kop.

I had a go at Scott Murray of the Guardian on Saturday. He made a quip about the Kyrgiakos red card, saying there was nothing "murderous" about it.

"33 min: THIS HAD TO HAPPEN. RED CARD. Kyrgiakos goes in two-footed on Fellaini. The defender is sent off without ceremony. There didn't seem to be any murderous intent, but you simply can't go flying through the air, two sets of studs showing. It's a deserved red - Fellaini is carried to the sidelines on a stretcher for more treatment - though Liverpool will argue that it should be the second of the match."

For me it was a clear dig. The "murderers" song had been heard several times on tv, clearly. Anyone connected with football knows what it is. So I wrote:

"That is a disgraceful comment - and I imagine you will be hearing more about it. Making light of 39 deaths for a stupid joke is appalling. I've forwarded it on to the club."

So then he writes back: "I genuinely don't want to cause offence, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm happy to change/remove it if I've missed something obvious."

To which I replied: "Scott, even from the Guardian tv room, you must have known what "Murderers" means. It's an offence to the 39 who died at Heysel. It's an offence to all Liverpool fans who have to submit to being called murderers by Evertonians, ManU fans etc. Heysel was a horrible tragedy, for which Liverpool fans were responsible. You were fully aware of what you wrote, and feigning ignorance means you are either not man enough to "fess up" or not knowledgeable to be a football journalist. Sorry Scott, that was -- and is -- well out of order."

End of thread.

There is no way he was being anything other than snidey there. It was a clear dig - but like the Mancs singing "We won it three times without killing anyone" it gets ignored. I'm fucking sick of it - and I am upset at our own fans making light of it. The Steaua thing was shite - and so was the 1-0 to the murderers we sang last time. There are no ifs and buts about. We killed people in Italy, end of story. Sure there were mitigating circumstances, but that changes nothing. We were responsible, so we lose any sort of right to moral outrage about it.

EDIT: I obviously mean we killed people in Belgium.

If the Sheffield police came out and made comments about Hillsborough - in any circumstance - we'd be up in arms. We can't have it both ways.

What a load of shit.

Originally Posted by ottawa_lfc

I think I speak for many when I ask - WTF?

It's a tricky one to call, as already been pointed out.

In some senses it's the same style of ironic humour that prompted us to bring beach balls to the United game, getting in there before their fans had the chance. It's quite clearly a sarcastic dig at Everton fans who constantly bleat about Heysel- however I'm not so sure that anybody from elsewhere will see it that way. Everton fans know fully well it's meant as a response to their vile, sickening abuse that they (not all of them, obviously) throw our way in every game. Even in games where they don't play us, I'll wager. Yet they can really spin this suit their own vomit-inducing, self-obsessed, self-pitying agenda.

On the one hand, I don't care what Evertonians or people from around the country think of us- we're so used to the usual "humour" from them- whether it be 'sign on' from anybody outside of Merseyside or 'merderrrers' from the Bitters.

But on the other hand- ever since the awful tragedy of Heysel, our fans have prided themselves on showing humility, respect and the highest standards of behaviour on our own and other terraces. (NOTE- I am not in any way shape or form suggesting that the vast majority of our fans did not display all of these traits before that tragic night- merely that since then, we have set the very highest standards in how to behave and to show respect), and I would hate to see that damaged in any way, least of all with a banner that is subtle in humour but a little too blunt for some to understand. We are the finest football fans in this country, and that is something that we pride ourselves on. I don't want to see some bitter, jealous fuckers try to destroy that with their own agenda, using something from our own ground from our own fans that was never meant in the way it has subsequently been portrayed by them.

Bad taste?

Lets get one thing straight here. When Evertonians talk about the Heysel Tragedy they don't mean the 39 lives lost, the families destroyed. No, they mean them. The real tragedy for Evertonians is that they didn't 'compete' in the European cup. The deaths are just a detail.

Do you think they are making a serious comment on our actions at Heyself? No they are pointing out that they missed out on European glory because we murdered people.

Justice for the 39 (wonder what that is referencing?), sure, point me to the website, or the petition and i'll read it. But there isn't anything about Justice for the 39, nothing more than a banner!

Was Michael Sheilds about Heysel?

Was the songs about Steven Gerrards baby about Heysel?

Was posting needles and wraps of tinfoil through Robbie Fowlers mums front door about Heysel?

Are the Hillsborough songs about Heysel?

No, they are about their obsession with us! Their lack of responsibility for their decisions, their actions and consequently their failiures.

Bad Taste, in light of their behaviour over the last ten years it is quite safe!

Fuck em, and fuck the woodworm riddled shithole they are going to be left festering in for the next 20 years!