You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Usher on Babel

rebel23

I don't think it was a decent description of him for the 20 minutes he played on Saturday.

Lucas played well, he threw himself into tackles and used the ball well when he got it. But he's Lucas so it isn't sound to give him some credit.

Mate, we all have opinions but how anyone could have been impressed with Babel on Saturday is beyond me. Given what was at stake and considering the shift his team mates had put in, he should be ashamed of himself.

He put more effort into his warm up on the touch line.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an element of Lucas syndrome with Babel, but the more fitting comparison is with Ngog, who doesn't have Babel's natural explosiveness but puts a shift in whenever he plays. Even against Stoke, when he got absolutely battered and was largely dreadful, he kept on showing, kept on running. Babel doesn't. He only runs when he thinks it's worth his while, rather than worth the team's while. He's also remarkably quick when going forward and remarkably slow when tracking back.

There was one point on Saturday when he was walking around as Everton pushed forward, not even making an attempt to run. Or even jog. Or even mozey.

The worst of it is, though, that even with all the evidence against him, whenever he gets the ball part of you thinks he might just do something brilliant, and I'd warrant most of us feel that, rather than just me being a moron.

Also, Ted, I find your new-found man-love for Lucas touching. It was only a matter of time before you noticed he's actually alright now.

Give it til Wednesday when Fabregas runs rings round him and normal service will resume.

Mate' date=' we all have opinions but I fail to see how anyone could have been impressed with Babel on Saturday is beyond me. Given what was at stake and considering the shift his team mates had put in, he should be ashamed of himself.

He put more effort into his warm up on the touch line.[/quote']

I wasn't impressed, I just found the criticisms of him on Saturday to be slightly over the top.

he got caught in a tackle after 5 mins on the main stand touch line an was hobbling for a couple of minutes afterwoods.maybe (wether hes shite or not?) he wasnt fully fit after that incident but didnt want to come off after finally getting a game in his best position?

That sounds quite plausible, actually. I did a Guardian Chalkboard on him and he gave the ball away 7 times from 9 attempts. I can't accept that he would do that on purpose, although none of that changes the fact he's been very disappointing and hasn't improved since his first season.

Where did it all go wrong? I've been told that all you need is a few tricks and bags of pace to be a successful winger/forward in the Premier League.

he got caught in a tackle after 5 mins on the main stand touch line an was hobbling for a couple of minutes afterwoods.maybe (wether hes shite or not?) he wasnt fully fit after that incident but didnt want to come off after finally getting a game in his best position?
Maybe so but as I've said given what was at stake there's times when you have to put your body on the line. Look at Dirk when he got booted in the face. The word commitment means nothing to him where his team are concerned.

Give it a month when this performance is forgotten and there will be people calling for him to get a chance again. What do we pay him 40k a week? And he won't even close down defenders properly for 12 minutes in a massive game. He's a disgrace to the shirt, and a worse signing than Diouf, Cisse or Kewell.

Babel did`nt play well when he came on. Far from it. And I dont think anyone claims that he did. But I dont think he deserves the shit for beeing lazy (in this particular match). I thought he worked hard when he came on, and he had a tougher job than Ngog, as before we scored at least we commited some players forward at times to offer support. After the goal, we just closed shop, concentating fully on keeping a clean sheet.

He also looked like a player that had`nt played for a while. Some players needs to play regularly to perform. Sissoko was another player who saw the quality of his performances drop dramatically when rafa started to rotate him. Some players just cant handle rotation, and that`s why keeping Babel is just pointless. The way Rafa use him will never get the best out of him, and he is only a shadow of the player he was in his first season here when Rafa used him regularly, either starting or as a sub.

I think he was definitely under orders from Rafa to drop deep when their centre backs had the ball in their half. Presumably, to minimise the gaps in our half and make Everton go long. As he actually backed off the players and didn't just stand still. None of our players or the coaching staff got on his back when this happened. So, it must have been a deliberate ploy.

Granted when he got the ball himself he did fuck all with it.

I've never read such a damning verdict on a Liverpool player. Babel needs to stop sulking

-

Once again, he was just fucking shit. For the first couple of minutes he ran around a bit, then he lost interest. Didn't close them down, didn't hold the ball up, didn't run the channels.... everything that N'Gog did (or at least tried to do), Babel didn't. I can understand why Rafa felt putting him on was the right thing to do, but once again Babel let him down and showed that whatever faith Benitez has left in him is completely misplaced. He's just dreadful, and he was the only player who let us down as everyone else gave their all for the side.

The frustrating thing is, the game was perfectly set up for Babel to wreak havoc. He had fresh legs, they were pushing forward and there were gaps to exploit. He's just shit though, and I'd rather we used Amoo in that situation now than this brain dead, lazy waste of a shirt.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/1st-team-2009-2010/88529-liverpool-1-everton-0-prem-feb-8-2010-a.html

That's Mr Usher to you.

Give it a month when this performance is forgotten and there will be people calling for him to get a chance again. What do we pay him 40k a week? And he won't even close down defenders properly for 12 minutes in a massive game. He's a disgrace to the shirt, and a worse signing than Diouf, Cisse or Kewell.

The fact that last January, when we were top of the league and in the last 16 of Champions League, he was trying to engineer a move away from the club says all you need to know about Ryan Babel.

I rarely hate a Liverpool payer (Bruno Cheyrou comes to mind) but I hate Babel.

I think he was definitely under orders from Rafa to drop deep when their centre backs had the ball in their half. Presumably, to minimise the gaps in our half and make Everton go long. As he actually backed off the players and didn't just stand still. None of our players or the coaching staff got on his back when this happened. So, it must have been a deliberate ploy.

Granted when he got the ball himself he did fuck all with it.

I thought there was an element of that too. But hey, Love is Hate and we're reaching the tipping point, so make hay.

He will be gone come the summer, has had plenty of chances and fails to take them.

I thought his first season was ok but by fuck has it went down hill from there, I was hoping he was going to kick on and prove a good signing, how wrong I was.

I was hoping he was off in the last window and did not mind if the money went on paying of the debt, because he is a waste of space.

I still think there is a player in there but its pointless now because its simply gone too far.

Its time to cut our losses, we hopefully get some decent money for him and the lad can try and get his career back on track.

If we could combine N'gog willingness to run about and try his best with Babel's natural ability we'd have some player.

I've never read such a damning verdict on a Liverpool player. Babel needs to stop sulking

-

Once again, he was just fucking shit. For the first couple of minutes he ran around a bit, then he lost interest. Didn't close them down, didn't hold the ball up, didn't run the channels.... everything that N'Gog did (or at least tried to do), Babel didn't. I can understand why Rafa felt putting him on was the right thing to do, but once again Babel let him down and showed that whatever faith Benitez has left in him is completely misplaced. He's just dreadful, and he was the only player who let us down as everyone else gave their all for the side.

The frustrating thing is, the game was perfectly set up for Babel to wreak havoc. He had fresh legs, they were pushing forward and there were gaps to exploit. He's just shit though, and I'd rather we used Amoo in that situation now than this brain dead, lazy waste of a shirt.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/1st-team-2009-2010/88529-liverpool-1-everton-0-prem-feb-8-2010-a.html

Totally agree with that, he's too thick to be good enough for us no footballing brain. At best he's in the wrong sport should have been a sprinter as he has no other sporting talent. Lets hope Birmingham come back for him in the summer.