You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Usher on Babel

rebel23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was always going to get this reaction from some unless he done something really impressive.

I'm not really sure where Usher is coming from either, as he definitely put in the effort when he came on. He was still shite like, but the effort was there.

I watched him close them down for a couple of minutes, then he started strolling around when they had the ball. Fuck him, the bone idle cunt. N'Gog puts him to shame.

I didn't really notice a lack of effort but I did notice an abundance of shitness, everything he did was wrong and clumsy as usual. The one thing he got right was his run and this may sound crazy as he timed it to perfection but with his pace it wasn't really necessary to bring the linesman into the equation.

The one thing he got right was his run and this may sound crazy as he timed it to perfection but with his pace it wasn't really necessary to bring the linesman into the equation.

I agree, but I would also say that him not actually being offside was more through luck than good judgement.

He could have held back a few yards and still easily got the ball as he's that quick. Not quick in the head though, sadly.

One of the most frustrating players in football, he has the build to be amazing, strong, tall, athletic, rapid... he just wanders round the pitch though like a sack of shit. I really hope he some how gets himself at the world cup, does something special and we can finally fuck him off. Good ridance and good luck Ryan Babel, your gunna need it.

I posted my verdict after the game. I thought Babel was unlucky with the offside call, and on another occasion he showed good strength to hold of Distin and get a shot off (albeit a weak shot).

I agree that he didn't really make much of his opportunity though, but I was happy after the win and couldn't bring myself to criticise the lad.

Still, even though I was one of the last ones to lose faith in him, I now have, and I am of the view that he needs to be shipped out sharpish. If Rafa would have been allowed to spend the money I suspect Babel would have been off last month, and rightly so.

He may still have a spectacular goal or something positive left in him this season, but enough is enough. Times up.

Looks like Bellamy's knee has gone again.

I saw that. Shame for the lad.

The display he put on against Barcelona was excellent (even the golf club celebration showed a good sense of humour). He is a passionate red and you sensed he loved every minute with us.

Bellamy definitely has more talent than any of our strikers apart from Nando, and so on that basis we would have done well to keep him. But then he has missed an awful lot of football and can't really be depended on due to his fitness record, so on the whole I thought we did the right thing to get rid.

I saw that. Shame for the lad.

The display he put on against Barcelona was excellent (even the golf club celebration showed a good sense of humour). He is a passionate red and you sensed he loved every minute with us.

Bellamy definitely has more talent than any of our strikers apart from Nando, and so on that basis we would have done well to keep him. But then he has missed an awful lot of football and can't really be depended on due to his fitness record, so on the whole I thought we did the right thing to get rid.

He like Crouch made some interesting comments a month or two ago about how his perspective on being a squad player had changed and you got the impression that if both had their time here again it might end differently.

At least they are both at decent clubs now.

Although I do agree about his lack of effort he'll still be here until at least the summer so I don't see the use in all the abuse going towards him. Doesn't getting behind the team include all players?

He could also be excused by the fact that he barely gets a chance to play anymore so he was probably shocked when Rafa told him to get ready more than twenty minutes before the end. Me as a strong Rafa supporter think this is probably Rafa's biggest weakness; that he does not show enough in some lads. Babel is the most obvious one, but you can also point to Aquilani. On the other hand you have Insua which he shows a great deal of confidence even though he hasn't been up to his best all the time. Of course this has something to do with our lack of left backs at the moment, but still I think it would help if Babel and Aquilani was used more often rather than letting them have five or ten minutes every now and then (or even less than that).