You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenwyne Jones

ChicagoRed

I think he will do ok for us. I would prefer a loan move though to see how the lad goes on.

12m sounds a lot , when Torres is fit how long before he gets pissed off with not playing.

I think he'd be well suited to play with Torres.

He wins a lot of knock downs, and he gets wide quite a lot as well, from what I've seen of him, Henry Stylee (no, I'm not comparing him to Henry, but you know what I mean)

he'll use areas of the pitch that Torres doesn't, as Torres is perhaps more direct in his approach play.

he can also play on his own quite effectively, for when Torres isn't fit, which could be quite often!

Teh more I think about it, the more this makes sense.

Hi Babel, welcome to TLW, dont make yourself feel welcome.

So I am now Babel because I think he is quicker than Jones.

Good one!

He has many flaws does Babel - but he is very quick.

I think he'd be well suited to play with Torres.

He wins a lot of knock downs, and he gets wide quite a lot as well, from what I've seen of him, Henry Stylee (no, I'm not comparing him to Henry, but you know what I mean)

he'll use areas of the pitch that Torres doesn't, as Torres is perhaps more direct in his approach play.

he can also play on his own quite effectively, for when Torres isn't fit, which could be quite often!

Teh more I think about it, the more this makes sense.

Tom

Is Rafa going to play two upfront though ? I can't see it could well be wrong though.

Agreed he will be useful and better than our current options when Torres isn't fit.

Is Rafa going to play two upfront though ?

Does it matter if he does or doesn't?!

We need another striker, whether to play with Torres or be back up. Ngog has doen well, but he's still young and is not really ready to be back up to the best striker in the world. Kuyt doesn't really have the pace to play the lone striker role, to what we would like to see.

Jones, whether he plays with Torres or not, will give us another option, a different one - which we have lacked since Crouch has gone. Also he is one of few striker who can play as a lone striker, as he has the raw attributes to do so.

Does it matter if he does or doesn't?!

We need another striker, whether to play with Torres or be back up. Ngog has doen well, but he's still young and is not really ready to be back up to the best striker in the world. Kuyt doesn't really have the pace to play the lone striker role, to what we would like to see.

Jones, whether he plays with Torres or not, will give us another option, a different one - which we have lacked since Crouch has gone. Also he is one of few striker who can play as a lone striker, as he has the raw attributes to do so.

LFD

I am not knocking it and did say he is better than our current options.

My original question was how long before he gets pissed off with not playing.

LFD

I am not knocking it and did say he is better than our current options.

My original question was how long before he gets pissed off with not playing.

He'll get plenty of games.

We usually play between 60-70 games a season.

But Steve Bruce wasn't being disrespectful to Liverpool when he said the beachball goal should have stood "because only a saddo would know that sort of rule." No you fat headed, planet sized cock juggling thundercunt, I would expect someone WHOSE JOB IT IS TO KNOW THESE THINGS TO KNOW THEM.

Fuck Sunderland and fuck Bruce.

But Steve Bruce wasn't being disrespectful to Liverpool when he said the beachball goal should have stood "because only a saddo would know that sort of rule." No you fat headed, planet sized cock juggling thundercunt, I would expect someone WHOSE JOB IT IS TO KNOW THESE THINGS TO KNOW THEM.

Fuck Sunderland and fuck Bruce.

I was going to post, that the amount of time's this bulbous headed, Bo Selector has allowed himself to be linked with the Newcastle job, whilst he was employed at both Birmingham and Wigan, he has a cheek calling anybody on respect!

Fucking cheeky cunt doesn't know the meaning of the word integrity!

Just seen that Bruce press conference, what an idiot. He's blaming us for media speculation, and then goes on to basically admit that he's looking to sell the lad.

I think the way we set up we do need a bully up front. Too often we lack the guile and movement to keep the ball and build attacks and end up hitting it long and leaving Torres isolated. With Jones or Cole he'd be able to feed off the scraps. It can't be a coincidence that Crouch was a success here. Rafa should just stick to what we're good at.

I'd rather we go for Carlton Cole........

So would I but he has been quoted as 20 million!

We could get Ken Jones for 10, there isn't ten million pounds difference between them.

Torres, Ken, Chamone and Kuyt as forward options next season, with N'Gog, Pacheco as well!

Not bad that, bring Flamini in for Mascherano and spend the money on Silva, Adam Johnson and that dutch bloke at Hamburg, and suddenly we have possibilities.

BRUCE BLASTS `DISRESPECTFUL` LIVERPOOL

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has launched an angry broadside at Liverpool over their pursuit of Kenwyne Jones.

Bruce insisted there has been no contact between the two clubs despite repeated speculation on Merseyside that the Trinidad and Tobago international is to join the Reds on loan before making a permanent switch during the summer.

He said: "I find it hugely disrespectful, the antics of Liverpool. I have huge respect for Liverpool and the way they have done their business and they way they have conducted themselves.

"But I have to say, this constant badgering of Kenwyne Jones when we as a club haven't heard anything, and then I keep reading this nonsense that I'm going to allow him to go on loan because it's a tax advantage for both clubs is the biggest load of rubbish I have read for weeks.

"As if I'm got to let our big, big player, one of our big, big assets, go on loan - I find it hugely disrespectful and I can't understand where Liverpool are coming from."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | BRUCE BLASTS 'DISRESPECTFUL' LIVERPOOL

So he thinks Liverpool are responsible for the media stories linking Jones with a move, yet he's not spoken to anyone connected with the club? There's making a connection, then there's making a connection. Shit stirring, bandwagon jumping no mark. Dozy cunt, trying to help his oxygen-starved brain by inflating his head with a bike pump. And allowing his nose to be used by a paintballing club for target practice.