You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke Match Thread. Saturday 16/01 Away 12:45pm Kick Off

rubberduckstyle

Guest Pistonbroke
Well, Pistonbroke, that leaves you, the referee and the linesman in a minority of 3 across the whole country who think that wasn't a penalty. The acid test is when even Andy Gray says 'that's a penalty all day long'

I bet i'm not alone. I'll look at it again on Motd and if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up. But from what i saw watching the game it was a dive to me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke
Anyone else reckon a username change is needed here?

My vote goes to either:

a) Eyesbroke

or

b) Headbroke

Very drool mate. Like i said, i'll watch it again later.

I would just like to say that Rafa got his team selection spot on today and should have been going home with a 3-1 victory for his efforts but once again the luck just didn't run our way but another game unbeaten in the Prem Improvmentis slow but its there if you block out all the shite and media hype and just look at what has happened on the pitch today time to move onto Spurs

I bet i'm not alone. I'll look at it again on Motd and if i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up. But from what i saw watching the game it was a dive to me.

i kind of agree with piston here. its tough to call i think. first off 9 times out of 10 that's a penalty. but lucas does play for it. he purposely drags his legs to initiate contact.

i don't think he dove, but i've seen plenty of players do this to win penalties, gerrard especially. dink it past the player or gk and as they are committed, drag your leg(s) into the body of the player on the ground and go down.

lampard is also pretty good at it too. i thought the yellow card was complete and utter overkill by that cunt of a referee, but i can't really blame him for not giving a penalty there. that said, since all the other refs give it, he should have given it too. but saying "refereeing" and "consistency" in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron

]Having watched it and about 3 replays i can see why the ref didn't give it[/b]. Lucas was diving into the defenders legs as the tackle came in. I.E he was already on the way down. It was a dive imo. Just have to beg to differ mate. I'll have another look at it on Motd tonight.

So can I - he's a fat biased cunt .No make that useless biased cunt.

Very drool mate. Like i said, i'll watch it again later.
Do you mean 'very drole' or are you calling Brownie a dribbling spazzie?

It was a blatant penalty. If you wanted to use an example of what a penalty is then that incident would be perfect for it. Because it was a penalty.

Refs were poor today, but it's embarassing that we need their help to get 3 points.

Asking for a penalty when it wasn't one would be needing their help to win. All we needed today was for the cunt to do his fucking job when Stoke cheated in their penalty box to deny us a fairly won opportunity.

i kind of agree with piston here. its tough to call i think. first off 9 times out of 10 that's a penalty. but lucas does play for it. he purposely drags his legs to initiate contact.

i don't think he dove, but i've seen plenty of players do this to win penalties, gerrard especially. dink it past the player or gk and as they are committed, drag your leg(s) into the body of the player on the ground and go down.

lampard is also pretty good at it too. i thought the yellow card was complete and utter overkill by that cunt of a referee, but i can't really blame him for not giving a penalty there. that said, since all the other refs give it, he should have given it too. but saying "refereeing" and "consistency" in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron

Way to much over analysis there. In an incident like that there are only a couple of issues. Did the tackler get the bal amdl if not did he make contact if tes penalty end of story.

A really good point well earned imo. This being because 6 of our starters either cost £1.5m or less, Mascherano plus Kuyt cost more than the rest of the starting 11 put together. We battled hard and deserved something out of the game. However, conceeding in the 90th minute is always hard to take. Keep your heads up Liverpool, a point earned rather than 2 points dropped.

I have to admit it was a penalty BUT Lucas was looking for it a fraction of a second early. IF he had been less than half a second later the ref would have had no option but to award the pen. Just my take on it and with that cunt of a ref there you have to be totally sure you left it late enough.

Was a stonewaller though but when the refs a biased cocksucking fuckhead wanker your always gonna be up against it.

Negged.

Stop looking at the money and watch the fucking football.

Thats a joke right?! How can the football be that standard of what Liverpool should be when we're fielding a team of cheap players who by all rights shouldn't be at Liverpool, but due to our financial plight we have to make do. For the standard of the players that were fielded today it was a really good point.

Negged.

Stop looking at the money and watch the fucking football.

I'm getting close to the point of fucking it all off because of this perverse obsession with money.

Bad performances, early exits and poor results = understandable due to money.

Good performances, long winning runs, good results and a title challenge = over-achievement due to money.

If the above was accepted, then the Liverpool job must be top of the desired list for all managers out there. Fail and you have an excuse; succeed and you're a genius.

Seriously Spy Bee, you call it overly aggressive negging, but I have just watched my expensively assembled team dole out complete fucking shite yet again against a team who cost less than one of our players and I have to listen to people tell me it was a good result because some of our players only cost £1.5M?

This obsession with finances is destroying the game. Utterly destroying it.

Thats a joke right?! How can the football be that standard of what Liverpool should be when we're fielding a team of cheap players who by all rights shouldn't be at Liverpool, but due to our financial plight we have to make do. For the standard of the players that were fielded today it was a really good point.

Two questions:

How many of the Stoke players would have gotten into our team today?

How expensive was their team compared to ours?

Can't Stoke please get relagated - they bring absolutely nothing to the Premiership/football in general. And how the hell is Pulis a manager....??? A clueless shouter....

On that showing, then we should also get relegated, because we bring nothing to the table either. We play as bad "football" as any in the league.

Two questions:

How many of the Stoke players would have gotten into our team today?

How expensive was their team compared to ours?

Off the top of my head I'm not sure. I'm willing to guess less than our starting 11. I'd have the likes of Shawcross in our starting 11 please, that would be about it.

Still not backing down though, a point well earned, when you field a team full of misfits and playing players in different positions to where they normally play at a scrappy team like Stoke its always tough to get a result.

On that showing, then we should also get relegated, because we bring nothing to the table either. We play as bad "football" as any in the league.

Here's another "demented" opinion for you. We do not play as bad football as Stoke. The result was a draw, but one team played better football than the other.

We bring a lot to the table. Not always as much as the fans would like, but a lot, nonetheless. Stoke does not.