You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love Rafa and he'll turn it around!

Spy Bee

He will and I will dig this thread up and go "Look at me! I'm ace! I was right!"

I'm just doing this to balance the ridiculously one sided views on this site. I think it's about time we had a pointless pro-Rafa thread!

Let the negging commence!

PS. I'm also a bit pissed.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Rafa for everything he's done for us, and yes I believe he will turn it around. Whether hes the right man for the job I'm not so sure as I was 6 months ago but fucking hell let's have some positivity around here!

I've been avoiding the FF for the past 3 months because it's just been unbearable. Anne Franks Hidey Hole was very much needed. Lets just get behind the manager at least until the summer. If results are still shite by then then I would fully understand and support the viewpoints of people on here, but until then, come ed Rafa lets fucking get it together starting off with Arsenal on Sunday we'll shit em!

I desperately want you to be right, I love the bearded leg. But I have to admit that we can't continue performing like we've done of late. It gets to the point where it's not even an issue anymore if he is the right man for the job or not in the long term. A lot of circumstances have worked against him this season, some of his own fault and some not. But we're approaching christmas and still waiting for a really convincing performance against any team bar the mancs. If our horrible form carries on over the new year I would endorse his replacement if someone qualified was ready to take over. But that's one huge if.

Sorry if I've ruined your Rafa love-in, Adam.

Guest Pistonbroke
Managers dont become bad overnight. I think that he's tryna force the owners to sell by not winning champions league games and by not sitting in the top 4. Well, If you had signed a £20m contract and didnt like your boss who couldnt sack you what would u do ?

I doubt very much that is the case, if it is then it's a piss poor show.

We all want what is best for the club and hopefully we can turn things around. Not sure if Rafa is the man to take us onto better things regardless of how this season pans out. Just to egoistic and stubborn for me and i don't particularly like his style of management. Not sure throwing money at the situation would help either. I'll always want him to do well as it's the club what counts and not one man but i refuse to support the club blindly.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart ........ Rafa loves the club and if we believe the words of our song,we won't turn our backs on him .......... and you'll never walk alone. Hate to see what all the Rafa bashers would have done between 1967 and 1973 when we won fuck all.

Guest Pistonbroke
Rafa may be the only manager to take us to two Champions League finals and still be hated.

I love Rafa.

I don't think fans hate him. Some like myself just believe in giving credit or criticism where it's due.

What would class as "turning it around", exactly?

Finishing fourth? There's no excuse for NOT finishing fourth, barring lengthy injuries tbf. We have the players. We also have the FA cup and Europa League to play for, winning one of them would ease the woes, but I'm not convinced he's the man to take us to better things and I've felt this way for some time.

How many times? I dont give a flying fuck about the CL i want the Prem. This fucks me off immensely yes the CL is a fantastic cup for any club but i couldn't give a flying fuck about it i just want a league. It's been too fucking long many have tried and failed Rafa is no different. He lives with fans with his European rep. How many people actually give a fuck more than the Prem. Fact is are squad as a whole is shite yeah we got big players be no adequate backup. The fact he has never tried to strengthen this area shows he is of no use.

In Rafa We Trust. Or, at least, I do.

We didn't become a bad team overnight. We had a great league campaign last season and things will come good. Our top 7-8 players are in my opinion at least as good as that of any other club in England - and, with the exception of Barca and possibly Madrid, the world. Now, we obviously need (much) more strength in depth. This is where the lack of financial support back from the owners comes into play. Granted, Rafa has made mistakes in the transfer market with the Babel signing the clearest example of this. But every manager makes wasteful signings. The problem is that Rafa has fewer attempts to get things right than Ferguson or Ancelotti.

Now go get those damn Yanks out of here.

He will and I will dig this thread up and go "Look at me! I'm ace! I was right!"

I'm just doing this to balance the ridiculously one sided views on this site. I think it's about time we had a pointless pro-Rafa thread!

Let the negging commence!

PS. I'm also a bit pissed.

Good on yer, I see absolutely no problem at all with threads like this.

I love Rafa too for everything he has done for this club from where we are now but I am also petrified if he is allowed to stay he will do a Houllier and undo all his good work and take us all the way back to where he started from or maybe worse ie no CL football for a new manager.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him turn it around but the reality is that is highly unlikely.