You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool One

Woo

What do you think of the Liverpool One complex?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Liverpool One complex?

• Not been yet.
    • I like it.
    • Not bad like, has it's pros and cons.
    • It's fucking shit, you fucking shitface!

I live a lot nearer to Liverpool One but its probably actually quicker for me to get to the Trafford Centre and the parking is free. Yes its full of mancs but dare I say let, less mancy mancs than usual. The range of shops there pisses over Liverpool One.

Liverpool One was unfortunately built in a bad era climate wise, hence why there's a lot of empty holes where there's shops. The shops that are there are pretty much all the same.

The worst part of it is that Church Street has gone down the nick big time, and for anyone coming into Liverpool on the train they have to walk through the shitty bits to get to Liverpool One.

Maybe in 4 or 5 years time it'll be a lot better.

As much as it pains me to say it, Manchester City Centre, in fact Manchester in general, is light years ahead of Liverpool. Their council seems to get things pretty much spot on. Ours is a joke.

Agreed. I think mancshester council is run by some lord who has no interest personal financial gain or fame and is only interested in doing whats best for the long term future of the city not like the brown envelope brigade who have been running our city for the last 30 years

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the council as much as the next man but to say they never played a part in it is laughable.

As for my favourite bit, its when you walk through from Topman and you come past the old quiggins and then back in to the tunnel and you come out by the Waterstones.

Its boss at night when the shops are closed and no one is about as well.

I think Liverpool one is brilliant. Its got everything you could need.

Those saying that the parking is free in the Trafford Centre, well you'd have to get to the trafford centre first so the money you have saved in petrol is countered by the parking fees! You can't honestly expect free parking in town.

Some of the restaurants are fantastic and the range of shops is more than adequate. You still have all the stores that were there before plus many more.

Its saves a wretch, especially if you don't drive.

Oh and the revamp of Bold St looks like its only going to add more to the city centre!

Liverpool One is great. It's one of the nicest modern outdoor shopping centers I've seen anywhere in Europe or the US. It fits really nicely into that area of the city, and even though it's full of shops you can find in any city, it has a nice character about it (especially up on the top level w/ all those restaurants). I wouldn't change any of it. Most of the shell suit knobheads even seem scared off of it for some reason.

I don't go to Bold Street much anymore. Matta's and FACT are nice, that's about it.

I concure Cain, its quaint and its a nice contrast to Liverpool One but Central station needs an overhaul badly and I think it might be tied in with that.

I think Bold Street is going to be kept as a nice little street with quirky shops and just given an facelift.

It's all the land behind it that is being redeveloped along with Lewis' and Rapid. They are building a 5 star Hotel where Rapid was.

They are building ANOTHER Cinema there as well. Fact are fuming about it.

I live a lot nearer to Liverpool One but its probably actually quicker for me to get to the Trafford Centre and the parking is free. Yes its full of mancs but dare I say let, less mancy mancs than usual. The range of shops there pisses over Liverpool One.

Liverpool One was unfortunately built in a bad era climate wise, hence why there's a lot of empty holes where there's shops. The shops that are there are pretty much all the same.

The worst part of it is that Church Street has gone down the nick big time, and for anyone coming into Liverpool on the train they have to walk through the shitty bits to get to Liverpool One.

As much as it pains me to say it, Manchester City Centre, in fact Manchester in general, is light years ahead of Liverpool. Their council seems to get things pretty much spot on. Ours is a joke.

with respect thats a load of horseshit, the occupancy rate of Liverpool one is high. Also Church street has improved, it has had to up its gain, primark brings people there, the pavements have been redone and mark and sparks has just undergone a reburbishment not to mention BHS has more customers and foot fall than its ever seen I imagine....I think some people have short memories and need to take another trip to Liverpool.

I'd never go to the Trafford Centre or any other hellhole souless generic shitpit shopping centre such as Meadowhall or Bluewater.

At least Liverpool 1 is in the city centre so you can easily wander off and it has some interesting features like that zig zaggy thing

exactly, the trafford centre is a souless cultureless shithole, some people like that type of thing I personally don't, Liverpool one has most of what the trafford centre has withstunning views that open up onto the albert dock and the obvious attractions of being slap bang in a city.

Its architecture is clean and modern not some pretentious cheapo looking roman mural.

[/b]

Agreed. I think mancshester council is run by some lord who has no interest personal financial gain or fame and is only interested in doing whats best for the long term future of the city not like the brown envelope brigade who have been running our city for the last 30 years

Manchester is run well but gets a lot of help in being the self styled capital of the north west, witness the football museum going there and yet theres people in Liverpool who think this is a good thing, if only they knew.

if we are going to congratulate manchester council on this thread then I'd like to congratulate the liverpool council in its partnership with Grosvernor, not a popular thing to say but true, they don't always get things wrong.

I dont like the council as much as the next man but to say they never played a part in it is laughable.

As for my favourite bit, its when you walk through from Topman and you come past the old quiggins and then back in to the tunnel and you come out by the Waterstones.

Its boss at night when the shops are closed and no one is about as well.

exactly, might be mistake but wasn't it the council that asked various companies to submit schemes and then picked grosevnor, handed over the lease and let them get on with it.

I'd never go to the Trafford Centre or any other hellhole souless generic shitpit shopping centre such as Meadowhall or Bluewater.

At least Liverpool 1 is in the city centre so you can easily wander off and it has some interesting features like that zig zaggy thing

Oi, whats wrong with bluewater? I once managed to get all my christmas shopping done in one day at that place. I can do the same with Chester, but it involves far to many bus rides to off load at the park and ride.

I also found got the hint i was pregnant with my 3rd child thanks to the woman in lewis'. Bitch.

It beats the Trafford centre because:

A) its In Liverpool and not Manchester

B) its not full of Mancs.

Got to the end of that first page and this was the point I was gonna make.

Why drive to Mancland to keep them lot in jobs cos it's a bit warmer being indoors?

I think you must have visited L1 not long after it opened. Maybe this was why a lot of the shop units were still vacant. As for your comment about church street. You couldn't be more wrong. The positive knock on effect L1 has had on church st is obvious.

I work in Manchester city center and tbh I don't see that much difference in the shops. How ever a city center is not all about it's shops. It's also about how it looks and L1 pisses all over the Arndale. As has been mentioned the TC isn't in the city center so to compare it to L1 is unfair. TC was built on a brownfield site with no restrictions, where as L1 had to find a way of blending in with it surroundings.

I just think Liverpool city center is much more pleasing on the eye and it's architecture is second only to the over crowded London. Also because of L1 the Albert dock and the Pier Head with the new canal extension is much more accessible

The only thing Manchester has that we don't is the tram system. Your could be right about Manchester being ahead of Liverpool in certain aspects but it's commonly known that they had a kick start a few years ago in the form of the IRA bomb. Something even the Mancs fully admit to.