You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

In my humble opinion you will ultimately have more joy with a thermal or orthodox scope than with an ACOG. Pressing L3 becomes second nature after a while and you'll be surprised how effective the thermal is at close range, especially with the WA2000 and M21.

It's just the wobble after you breath out that does me in with the standard and thermal scopes, and I'll be fucked if I'll get Steady Aim Pro so that I can hold me breath longer, as I can't hip fire to save me life.

I love the game, but my desperation to get to level 70 is becoming all consuming. In a way i'm feeling pressure to get there, sounds daft i know. Once i reach it it'll be like a massive weight being lifted from my shoulders.

I know what you mean. Im on level 50 now, prestiged once, and I have been so bored up until Ive got the ACR, Im really resenting the thought of prestiging again. If I do, it will get even worse the next time I'm sure until I am clever enough just to stick on level 70.

Guest TK-421
It's just the wobble after you breath out that does me in with the standard and thermal scopes, and I'll be fucked if I'll get Steady Aim Pro so that I can hold me breath longer, as I can't hip fire to save me life.

The trick is to line the kill up before you zoom. That takes practice, but it's worth it. You see a kill, zoom, line up the shot and press L3 all pretty much at the same time and you're good to go. Anywhere in the chest or higher will usually kill first time with a Barrett on Stopping Power. After practice you can even snipe while moving using this technique.

You don't need to hold L3 for too long anyway, just survey the area with or without the scope and only once a kill appears then press L3 If you just sit there holding L3 the chances are you won't get it lined up properly and miss the shot, unless you're camping in a hot spot.

I don't bother with Steady Aim Pro. I used to use Iron Lungs on the other COD games but it's not necessary on this one.

The trick is to line the kill up before you zoom. That takes practice, but it's worth it. You see a kill, zoom, line up the shot and press L3 all pretty much at the same time and you're good to go. Anywhere in the chest or higher will usually kill first time with a Barrett on Stopping Power. After practice you can even snipe while moving using this technique.

You don't need to hold L3 for too long anyway, just survey the area with or without the scope and only once a kill appears then press L3 If you just sit there holding L3 the chances are you won't get it lined up properly and miss the shot, unless you're camping in a hot spot.

I don't bother with Steady Aim Pro. I used to use Iron Lungs on the other COD games but it's not necessary on this one.

The problem I have after I've lined up the shot is my indecision on when to take it, and by the time I do, the wobble kicks in.

Practice will obviously help, but I'm guilty of sticking with what I know and am comfortable with.

Thats all I do.

Guest TK-421

I'm sticking with MW2. I think Battlefield is for people who are crap at/pissed off with/bored of MW2 but I'm going for the 10 prestiges so that's that.

I don't know the answer to matthewbet1's quandry with the scope on the 50cal.

why is it the the scoped 50 cal does'unt go where you aim, is it the recoil?

If you've unlocked the ACOG, try that and see how you get on. I know TK is not fond of these scopes, but I've found them to be better than the standard and thermal scopes personally.

The ACOG removes the need to hold your breath when taking a shot, however, I think that the range isn't quite as it is with the standard and thermal scopes, though no difference is shown when equipping.

I'm sticking with MW2. I think Battlefield is for people who are crap at/pissed off with/bored of MW2 but I'm going for the 10 prestiges so that's that.

I'd best get onto this then..... Just went 0 and 13 on a game of Domination on Wasteland. Oh, and I joined the game late in.....

Not a happy bunny.....

So many people are telling me they are abandoning MW2 for battlefield, is anyone here thinking of doing that?

No, or at least not until it comes down in price. Obviously i havent played it so can't pass judgment, but i'll be very surprised if it's better than mw2.

I'd best get onto this then..... Just went 0 and 13 on a game of Domination on Wasteland. Oh, and I joined the game late in.....

Not a happy bunny.....

Joining a game midway through or late on is a fucking nightmare. If it's midway i just leave, if theres only a couple of minutes left i camp near where i spawn and just try and get two or three kills, which usually works.

Joining a game midway through or late on is a fucking nightmare. If it's midway i just leave, if theres only a couple of minutes left i camp near where i spawn and just try and get two or three kills, which usually works.

This, I use the back botton to see the score and how long is left.

Impressive record you and Dynamite have. Im new to this all but am enjoying the game.

Are you going to prestige and do it all again, or are you staying on 70?

I think i'm going to prestige, but i'm not going to rush my way through all over again, i'll just concentrate more on getting better at the game.

The chances of me prestiging 10 times are slim, as i'm not good enough to get 20 plus kills in matches on a regular basis.

Guest TK-421

Not a happy bunny.....

Were you using the ACOG?

Were you using the ACOG?

Erm, yes, though to be fair, I was in 2 minds whether to camp or belt around with the PP2000, and in the end I was just fodder.

Made up for it in a FFA after though, wreaking havoc with the tac knife in Favela.

Guest TK-421
Erm, yes, though to be fair, I was in 2 minds whether to camp or belt around with the PP2000, and in the end I was just fodder.

Made up for it in a FFA after though, wreaking havoc with the tac knife in Favela.

I'm telling you man, it's a non-starter! It's ok in the odd game but not for sustained use and not on a map like Wasteland. It's better on the smaller maps, if anything, and I'm doubtful of that too. You are in ACOG hell.