You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

70 isn't all its cracked up to be. You have to technically reach level 71 before you can prestige. I worked it out to be I think its around 80,000 xp from 69 to 70, and then you have to get another 80k.

I suppose the satisfaction of having unlocked everything is what creates the mystique of level 70.

I've just prestiged for a second time and am having a hoot with the basic classes you get at the start of the game. Running around with the tac knife is ace.

Im hating it. I'm enjoying the m4a1, but am just one level away from the acr which I will certainly switch to once Ive got it. I've got around 600 kills with the m4 whilst getting up to the acr which got me 20,000 xp in two challenges for 500 kills. I find it hard to think I will get a new gun, then switch to it and get all the challenges and unlocks for it, but then it annoys me thinking I'll have to do it all again in 70 levels.

I suppose the satisfaction of having unlocked everything is what creates the mystique of level 70.

I've just prestiged for a second time and am having a hoot with the basic classes you get at the start of the game. Running around with the tac knife is ace.

I noticed you had a good session this weekend. Its very addictive this game.

Im hating it. I'm enjoying the m4a1, but am just one level away from the acr which I will certainly switch to once Ive got it. I've got around 600 kills with the m4 whilst getting up to the acr which got me 20,000 xp in two challenges for 500 kills. I find it hard to think I will get a new gun, then switch to it and get all the challenges and unlocks for it, but then it annoys me thinking I'll have to do it all again in 70 levels.

You obviously don't have to do it all again, plenty of people are happy getting to level 70 and staying there, meaning they have everything to choose from, others, myself included, enjoy the challenge of going through it all again.

This time round, I'll be doing things slightly different to how I done it last time, I'll be using different weapons, and try to learn newer techniques, like quick scoping, to help improve my game.

I originally was very hesitant to prestige, but I'm glad I have on both occasions, as I was finding myself becoming very negative in the way I play the game.

I noticed you had a good session this weekend. Its very addictive this game.

Yeah, had nothing planned for the past couple of days whilst I was off shift, so wanted to prestige again before returning back to work this morning.

Had a bit of fun with the Barrett .50 cal, which in the end was quite enjoyable, starting to get used to sniping now, though I need the ACOG scope attached at all times.

If anyone sees me online and playing, you can always join my session, or pop me an invite to join yours if you like. I'm happy to let people shoot the shit out of me at any time.

Arent you supposed to prestige 10 times over to truly complete the game? Don't think i'll ever do that.

I've got 100% on campaign and hope to get 100% on special ops at some point (on 78% at the moment.)

You're right, to "complete" the mulitplayer then 10 times prestige is what you need to achieve. You'd need plenty of time and patience to achieve this without boosting or using a hack, though I'm sure there are players out there more than capable of doing this in an honest way.

Not really played the Spec Ops or Campaign, it's the online multiplayer aspect that I bought the game for.

Guest TK-421
..though I need the ACOG scope attached at all times.

Really? I can't stand them.

I started a new prestige over the weekend and am using assault rifles for this one, but still camping/sniping. I've got the SCAR and FAL thermals and they are ok, but the recoil on both makes it hard to kill from long range. I could use a grip but then I'd lose the HBS when I really don't want to. Next I'll try the FAMAS and then the ACR. It's a pain getting 150 kills with each to unlock the ACOG/thermal, but needs to be done. I think the FAMAS might be a goer as the three round burst will presumably lessen recoil when using the thermal. I thought that the FAL would be ace but it's not quite the same as a sniper rifle. I have high hopes for the ACR though. In the end I'll probably just go back to sniper rifles, depending on results with the FAMAS/ACR.

I played a round of FFA last night and there were two n00bs camping in that castle type place on the Invasion map trying to get the nuke. I tried to infiltrate but they shot me the first time, however I went back and one of them was on 23-0 when I shot him. Haha! They went mental over the headset and I was laughing hard, then they left because I'd ruined their silly little gay plan.

RACK OF BEEF!

I started a new prestige over the weekend and am using assault rifles for this one, but still camping/sniping. I've got the SCAR and FAL thermals and they are ok, but the recoil on both makes it hard to kill from long range. I could use a grip but then I'd lose the HBS when I really don't want to. Next I'll try the FAMAS and then the ACR. It's a pain getting 150 kills with each to unlock the ACOG/thermal, but needs to be done. I think the FAMAS might be a goer as the three round burst will presumably lessen recoil when using the thermal. I thought that the FAL would be ace but it's not quite the same as a sniper rifle. I have high hopes for the ACR though. In the end I'll probably just go back to sniper rifles, depending on results with the FAMAS/ACR.

I played a round of FFA last night and there were two n00bs camping in that castle type place on the Invasion map trying to get the nuke. I tried to infiltrate but they shot me the first time, however I went back and one of them was on 23-0 when I shot him. Haha! They went mental over the headset and I was laughing hard, then they left because I'd ruined their silly little gay plan.

RACK OF BEEF!

I found that the ACOG eliminates the need to hold L3 to keep the gun steady when aiming, and for this reason alone, it's why I prefer using it.

Talking of sniping, I had a hit marker for a clear headshot earlier this afternoon, watched the killcam after the bastard done me over, threw me right off me game it did. I've also had 4 hit markers on one target before, and he still didn't go down, (he was not using painkiller either).

Never really liked the FAMAS, though I've been killed often enough by people who obviously do like it. The ACR is may personal favourite of all the assault rifles, trouble is, you have to use stopping power to really see the benefit. I usually use the silencer or FMJ with it, depending on the match type.

As for n00bs nuke boosting on Invasion, nice work... The other map they often try this on is Rundown, there's a petrol station type thing right up in the top corner of the map where hardly anyone ever goes, so they'll sit there with their silenced weapons and try to nuke boost, little cunts.....

I do camp to an extent, it's more camp and move, camp and move, though on certain levels such as rust and terminal i just wade right in, which usually nets me about 20 kills but also 20 deaths. I absolutely hate snipers, they can ruin levels, particulary on wasteland when it's almost impossible to find the little fuckers.

I do camp to an extent, it's more camp and move, camp and move, though on certain levels such as rust and terminal i just wade right in, which usually nets me about 20 kills but also 20 deaths. I absolutely hate snipers, they can ruin levels, particulary on wasteland when it's almost impossible to find the little fuckers.

Just wait till you're in a FFA with the no scoping bastards. If you're not done over by the sniper rifle, you'll be done by the Akimbo Rangers or Model 1887's that most run around with.

Just wait till you're in a FFA with the no scoping bastards. If you're not done over by the sniper rifle, you'll be done by the Akimbo Rangers or Model 1887's that most run around with.

I've been done by those bastards many times, absolute shithouses the lot of them. When i see them reloading on killcam after fucking me from behind i want to launch the controller at the nearest wall, then i remember how much a replacement would set me back.

I've been done by those bastards many times, absolute shithouses the lot of them. When i see them reloading on killcam after fucking me from behind i want to launch the controller at the nearest wall, then i remember how much a replacement would set me back.

As it happens, I'm focusing on sniping this time round to try and exact revenge on all those who wronged me in previous games using the sniper rifles.

RACK OF BEEF!

Wel done lad, Ive got to ask, that RACK OF BEEF I keep hearing, what actually is it, there is another one too, seven inch Storjina or something like that, does anyone know what is is?

Edited by Kopite Pete

When I get done by a sniper I want to go and get the bastards but the kill view cam only shows the snipper looking down the sights and not where they are. That winds me up.

When I get done by a sniper I want to go and get the bastards but the kill view cam only shows the snipper looking down the sights and not where they are. That winds me up.

The better snipers would have moved a bit anyway, so you're on a suicide mission going for revenge, though everyone does it at some stage. I'm learning to not go back looking for campers too often, as it usually results in more disappointment and more frustration.

The better snipers would have moved a bit anyway, so you're on a suicide mission going for revenge, though everyone does it at some stage. I'm learning to not go back looking for campers too often, as it usually results in more disappointment and more frustration.

If I get the bit between myself I keep going back, it costs me dear though.

If I get the bit between myself I keep going back, it costs me dear though.

It happens, there's nothing worse than being killed by the same person over and over, it really makes your blood boil, especially when you know that you're doing the exact same thing as you did last time round looking for the bastard.

It happens, there's nothing worse than being killed by the same person over and over, it really makes your blood boil, especially when you know that you're doing the exact same thing as you did last time round looking for the bastard.

Yep. Makes you feel like...

animalmother.jpg

One more thing that is annoying me somewhat is the use of flashbangs, or rather, the fact that you cannot decrease the effect of these annoying things.

In WaW, you could use the Shades perk to decrease the time you were blinded, a similar perk to this would be much appreciated in MW2 for me.

I know that Blast Shield can be equipped and helps decrease damage taken from frags or semtex, (apart from when stuck to you), so why doesn't it decrease the effect of flashbangs/stun grenades as well?