You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That is brilliant.

It's only his third time off the lead as well. The park by my mas has a sealed off section so we're blooding him there before we let him loose in the vast expansive park by outs

nice training Paulie.

once you have them coming for food, the rest is plain sailing. You can simply whistle and give him a treat, thats another handy one. Especially when you're out and you want to keep screaming his name in the park.

i have my 2 and half year old beagle coming back to me like a boomerang with a quick whistle. She's just getting used to to walking around the streets now off the lead. Im still bricking it she'll run out onto the road, but i generally do it very early in the morning, or pick a housing estate with little traffic, eventully she'll get it.

their great craic though arent they.

my other little dog Jack (westie) rolled in shite on his walk earlier. I was proper annoyed with the little idiot, but after a wash and a quick blow dry (for him, not me), we're friends again, and he's asleep beside me on the couch.

i can honestly say id never be without dogs now. their just great :yes:

Deffo agree. Stan is both mine and my bird's first dog and even though we've only had him for just under 2 months it's hard to imagine life without him lying upside down on the floor just in front of the couch so we can't recline...little fucker!

Got this little guy yesterday, say hello to Hugo:

33KOs.jpg

Never had to clean up so much shit in one day, totally worth it though!

Cute as tits. Keep the pictures coming

[YOUTUBE]EOAcRKZxjy4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

This made me cry

Jesus thats heart breaking.

Been seriously thinking about getting a dog for at least two years, took the plunge late last year, best thing i ever did, love him to bits.

Had him a few days at this point, last December.

8085849800_146f7c1f70.jpg

Think this was the day we beat the mancs in the fa cup, putting him in a jersey became a ritual for a while, until we were beaten.

8085875815_bd1644a0e6.jpg

Fairly recent, two weeks ago maybe.

8085898957_401c6ee483.jpg

Jesus thats heart breaking.

Been seriously thinking about getting a dog for at least two years, took the plunge late last year, best thing i ever did, love him to bits.

Had him a few days at this point, last December.

8085849800_146f7c1f70.jpg

Think this was the day we beat the mancs in the fa cup, putting him in a jersey became a ritual for a while, until we were beaten.

8085875815_bd1644a0e6.jpg

Fairly recent, two weeks ago maybe.

8085898957_401c6ee483.jpg

is that last pic by the monument in phoenix park?

owe i know my dublin alright ;)

• 2 weeks later...
[YOUTUBE]EOAcRKZxjy4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

This made me cry

Dunno why I watched that as I knew it'd only upset me. Cried like a little bitch!

My staffy is on her lazzies. Got arthritis in her back legs, so much so that her walks have been cut to once around the block if the weather isn't too cold. She's on metacam and a paracetamol every day, which is a last resort as she's too old for most other treatments. Dreading this winter, really, as I reckon it'll be her last.

It'll fucking kill me when she's gone.

Dunno why I watched that as I knew it'd only upset me. Cried like a little bitch!

My staffy is on her lazzies. Got arthritis in her back legs, so much so that her walks have been cut to once around the block if the weather isn't too cold. She's on metacam and a paracetamol every day, which is a last resort as she's too old for most other treatments. Dreading this winter, really, as I reckon it'll be her last.

That's shit. How old is she?

That's shit. How old is she?

She's 13, mate. Poor girl got passed around the family when she was younger as she was my cousin's dog, who ended up moving out, then my auntie had her until she died, then my sister had her but she moved to London, and we've had her for seven years. Been down in London for ten days, and can't wait to get back and see her later:

29796_10151093101066980_784012504_n.jpg

A mate of mine has had a few arthritic dogs, she's almost a one-woman rescue centre for old iffy dogs, and she swears by Glucosamine supplements to help for this. Look into it, might be worth a go.

She's 13, mate. Poor girl got passed around the family when she was younger as she was my cousin's dog, who ended up moving out, then my auntie had her until she died, then my sister had her but she moved to London, and we've had her for seven years. Been down in London for ten days, and can't wait to get back and see her later:

29796_10151093101066980_784012504_n.jpg

She's beautiful, spoilt rotten too by the looks of it. Hope those supplements can slow down the ageing process.

Our terrier is on sedatives at night time now because she's been scratching at doors trying to get upstairs for the last two months. Odd behaviour, because we got her as a rescue at around three and she's only about eight now and she was always pretty quiet at night until recently.

Cheers, Meat. I've heard other people mention them; I'll pick some up on the way home.

Almost makes up for you hating Pandas!

Heh. I pity them rather than hate them, shit bears that they are...

I've just emailed her asking for some info about dosage and other stuff as well. Cod liver oil has worked well with some of my older cats too.

Check for any potential interaction between metacam/paracetamol and Glucosamine or anything else first. I seem to recall that, in cats at least, metacam can hit their kidneys pretty hard.

Just got home from a nice meal and drinks with Mrs Dangerously-to-be to find Stan has done his first ever poo in his room. This was probably due to him only having a short walk before we went out (as she took him instead of me) and it fucking reeked the house out. Hopefully some kids knocked for trick and treat and opened the letter box and smelt it.

Ok. from what I gather from a hurried reply this morning...

Arthritic dogs. Glucosamine, she gives her dobie 2x human dose, also start off with a higher "loading" dose at first to get it into the woofers system., also Chrondroitin too is also good for this.

Tumeric is a natural anti inflammatory, also garlic&fenugreek. You can get these as tablets or mix your own. Apparently her dog loves the taste of this anyway so an easy one to give. Finally, oily things rich in Omega 3&6 oils. Fish oils and the like.

She's going to email me a shitload of links, recipies and more info this weekend, so I'll post those when I get them.

Chewiedog *rocks*

Woo, there are countless places selling them in dog appropriate size tablets. The internet is full of tales of people using them with older dogs with arthritis or general joint stiffness. They're held in such high regard that i'll probably start using them with my seven month old Springer as a preventative measure and to take care of his joints as he ages. I'll probably get from the below, but that is to be added to moist food which he doesn't have now.

Flexi-Joints for Dogs for Healthy Canine Joints | VetVits Pet Health | Developed by Vets