You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd save Aurelio and Mascherano for Fiorentina, and go with;

----------------Reina--------------

Johnson----Carra----Skrtel----Insua

---------Lucas------Gerrard--------

----Kuyt-------Yossi-------Riera----

---------------Torres---------------

4-0 to us I reckon.

I'd save Aurelio and Mascherano for Fiorentina, and go with;

----------------Reina--------------

Johnson----Carra----Skrtel----Insua

---------Lucas------Gerrard--------

----Kuyt-------Yossi-------Riera----

---------------Torres---------------

4-0 to us I reckon.

I reckon it'll be that eleven but maybe a 442 with Yossi down the right and Dirk through the middle.

Riera doesn't deserve to be in the starting XI, particularly after Tuesday. He even managed to outshit Dossena, no easy feat.

I thought he did alright on Tuesday. Plus, he was playing an unfamiliar more central role. I'd save Babel for Tuesday as his pace will be more effective away from home.

I thought he did alright on Tuesday. Plus, he was playing an unfamiliar more central role. I'd save Babel for Tuesday as his pace will be more effective away from home.

Aside from a back four, I had no idea what was going on tactically against Leeds. I did think Riera's final ball, general attitude and work rate were all poor. There was a lot of space in front of the Leeds back four, had he been up for it, he could have created one or two things.

I think at least one of the lads who did well against Leeds should be playing tomorrow, preferably Ngog, because it doesn't send out a very good message - play well and get dropped anyway.

Johnson will score and probably set up another.

I'd start Spearing and see how her gets on with Torres and Stevie in the same team.

Some of those through balls on Tuesday were tailor-made for the kid.

Batter them early doors and get the kid off and give N'gog half an hour.

I agree but sadly we all know that aint gonna happen. Lucas needs to get injured before Speo will get a go.

Reina

Johnson

Carra

Skrtel

Inusa

Yossi

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kuyt

Torres

N'Gog

Has to be a 4-4-2 at home against Hull City IMO and why not give N'Gog a run out against another weaker opposition and try and get himself another goal to improve his confidence. Hopefully get the job done early and be done with Gerrard and Torres ASAP.

Please no 4-4-2. That's the last thing we need. If Hull park the bus, we need people moving between the lines, making runs from the midfield, full backs attacking like crazy, not more strikers.

Agree with that.Our 4-2-3-1 soon ends up looking more like 3 -4 -3 when we've got the ball.

Aside from a back four, I had no idea what was going on tactically against Leeds. I did think Riera's final ball, general attitude and work rate were all poor. There was a lot of space in front of the Leeds back four, had he been up for it, he could have created one or two things.

I think at least one of the lads who did well against Leeds should be playing tomorrow, preferably Ngog, because it doesn't send out a very good message - play well and get dropped anyway.

Johnson will score and probably set up another.

First half was 4-3-3 with Mascherano holding and Aurelio and Spearing in the progressive role. They played around our CM so second half we went back to 4231 and Spearing played the Gerrard role.