You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Slim Fast diet

Flying Pig

Obviously, I don't need this as I'm gorgeous and look like a white Michael Johnson (sorry Neko). However, has anyone tried it?

I would be interested to know your opinions so I can loose loads of weight...well not me...a fat friend who has let himself go.

Fat bastard.

Live off an apple and a tin of sardines a day. You'll soon be as thin as a stick.

Thanks, you should copywrite that one.

Actually, there is a guy called 'Dennis the Chemist' who goes on Radio City who advised that we should only eat nuts, fruit and meat/fish (hunter gather diet). I know its obvious but it the carbs that have destroyed our health and created obesity. Dr.Atkins made trillions from saying the obvious.

Thanks, you should copywrite that one.

Actually, there is a guy called 'Dennis the Chemist' who goes on Radio City who advised that we should only eat nuts, fruit and meat/fish (hunter gather diet). I know its obvious but it the carbs that have destroyed our health and created obesity. Dr.Atkins made trillions from saying the obvious.

But carbs taste sooooo good!

Guest RafaIsRafa

If you wanna lose weight just eat healthy and exercise, its simple. Fuck all this "Im gonna starve myself" "slimfast" garbage.

In fact, self-help diets tend to perform worse than structured weight loss programmes such as Slimming World, Weight Watchers and Rosemary Conley. There appears to be a phenomenon whereby people tend to lose weight and maintain their loss, providing they continue to attend meetings, beyond reaching their target weight. Regain is one of the greatest problems overweight and obese people face and self-help diets record higher levels of regain compared to structured weight loss regimes. From what little I know, Rosemary Conley looks decent because it encourages calorie restriction and exercise, although all three of the aforementioned structured programmes seem to produce similar results.

Guest davelfc

One of my mates does the Atkins (properly) and loses a few stone really quickly. But because he doesn't change his lifestyle he puts more back on afterwards. Which is worse for you than being overweight in the first place.

I know it might be up your street but buy something like mens health for a few months or mens fitness. I know it can be super gay with fella flexing and all that but you'll find a decent eating plan in there which you can keep and also a exercise routine.

I think most people get bored shitless of going to the gym or trying to keep fit as it serves no purpose than just trying to lose weight. If you can find a sport, activity your into then you can keep fit for that.

road biking, mountain biking, walking, football, running, rock climbing, surfing, swimming, you name it.

I've been casually following the weight watchers rules for about 7 months now (my ma is a member and gave me her password to the site for guidance, recipes etc) and have gone from 15st 11lbs to 14st 5lbs. It's not quick by any means but it is working 1 or 2lbs off a week. Only problem is that as it's slow coming off you can easy do yourself out of a months dieting by a weeks binge eating...which I have done

• 1 month later...
Obviously, I don't need this as I'm gorgeous and look like a white Michael Johnson (sorry Neko). However, has anyone tried it?

I would be interested to know your opinions so I can loose loads of weight...well not me...a fat friend who has let himself go.

Fat bastard.

How prophetic?