You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milan in decline?

Eljeficito

LOL... LOL... so like its a sad thing that other clubs have become wealthy and powerful? idunno what world ur living in mate but get back down to reality.... nothing is forever... the world changes

britain was a very powerful empire once upon a time.... so was france... then americas turn came... now it looks like the chinese and indians are back...

things change... get used to it sweety pie... no one has a god given right to be at the top or deserves to be there any more than anyone else

I dont agree with you at all,most people would like to see success achieved,not bought.

Also as far as i was aware this was a football discussion not a history lesson.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Milan are in decline. I understand they have some financial troubles (may or may not be related to Berlusconi's empire), but they have a far greater stability than many clubs in general.

They have remained loyal to a few faces for too long though. Not that there is anything wrong with it when the players have served them well.

It's saying something when the regular line up for the past 9 years or so has included Dida, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Seedorf and Inzaghi, with the likes of Favalli in the squad also.

They do need to overhaul their squad, and the money raised from Kaka's sale will go some way towards doing so. They wouldn't get enough money clearing the above named to be able to replace them with similar quality.

Milan have needed a shake up for a while now. Hopefully (for them) Ancelotti leaving, Maldini retiring and Kaka going to Madrid will bring in a new era for them. They'll have the funds to bring in new players, I just hope they come in for Dossena!

Milan have needed a shake up for a while now. Hopefully (for them) Ancelotti leaving, Maldini retiring and Kaka going to Madrid will bring in a new era for them. They'll have the funds to bring in new players, I just hope they come in for Dossena!

They need a shake up but needed a team to build around Kaka and Pato, not lose them.

They haven't got one defender under 30, same with the midfield and then they've got Inzaghi up front. They missed out on the CL the season before and needed a shake up then. Instead they signed an over the hill Ronaldinho and Philipe Senderos and an over the hill Shevchenko on loan.

Italian football isn't what it was but Milan's own recruitment policy is to blame. If you let your team grow old together and make your new signings over 30s after one last pay day, whilst looking to flog a world class player in his prime for the money, then its the ownership that's to blame. 4 or 5 years ago they had the best team in Europe and Kaka's the first player whose actually been sold on. The rest have just got past it or retired and they haven't rebuilt properly..

Milan were shit in 2007, we really fucked up that final. they've been average for ages but I agree that Pato saying he dreams of playing for a club like chelsea is a disgrace.

It is but i'm sure he's just trying to boost his contract.

Milan went to Istanbul in 2005 as the best team in Europe, beating United home and away on the way to the final.

We did fuck up the final in 2007 but Milan did produce a perfect performance against the Mancs in the semis, beating them 3-0. What they've needed is new young blood and Pato apart, they've just added Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Shevchencko and other 30 somethings to an ageing squad.

Milan were shit in 2007, we really fucked up that final.

We were unlucky and ineffective, but still we made it to our fourth final in just as many years. Now we score shitloads and haven't been in a final in the last two seasons. Sometimes life doesn't make sense.