You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could we not have any more money for signings given that Pompey owed us a large chunk of the Johnson deal plus the money we got back from Keane would cover the whole fee..

I just don't believe it I know a smokescreen when I see one.

What has what Pompey owed us have to do with anything? They owed us, so therefore would have had to given us the money, so it would have been part of a tranasfer pot no matter what.

The reason this is all we have is those cunts who own our club have fucked us and got us in so much debt, all our budget goes to buying the club for them, while the team suffers. It's simple - all those who sat back with their feet up thinking everyone was scaremongering about the cunts - this is what we've got and it's only ever going to get worse as they bought us to rape as much money as they could. I'm fucking amazed everytime I hear people wonder why we're skint.

What has what Pompey owed us have to do with anything? They owed us, so therefore would have had to given us the money, so it would have been part of a tranasfer pot no matter what.

The reason this is all we have is those cunts who own our club have fucked us and got us in so much debt, all our budget goes to buying the club for them, while the team suffers. It's simple - all those who sat back with their feet up thinking everyone was scaremongering about the cunts - this is what we've got and it's only ever going to get worse as they bought us to rape as much money as they could. I'm fucking amazed everytime I hear people wonder why we're skint.

That may very well be. But I can't help but feel that the complete meltdown of the global economy clouds the issue a bit in regards to what their true intentions were, and what we've ended up with.

Personally I think Cattermole is a very decent player, and much better than Jay Spearing (who I find extremely overrated). I wouldn't mind if Rafa bought him, and I think he'll eventually play for England.

Interesting. Never being a hysterical poster I'll take your word for it. Never seen too much of him due to the fact I can't stand Middlesborough.

At least we haven't spunked £38.5m PLUS Samuel Eto'o PLUS Alexandr Hleb for...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Just got in and seen this on the box. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous transfers in football history. If I'd have heard it was a straight swap with eto'o I'd have shook my head in disbelief. Somebody at inter must be a fucking jedi master

Personally I think Cattermole is a very decent player, and much better than Jay Spearing (who I find extremely overrated). I wouldn't mind if Rafa bought him, and I think he'll eventually play for England.

Never been a fan ( mainly due to his ridiculous tackles ) but watched all of England's U21 tournament recently & he was better than I expected.

Still don't think he is a 'Top 4' player though.

Never been a fan ( mainly due to his ridiculous tackles ) but watched all of England's U21 tournament recently & he was better than I expected.

Still don't think he is a 'Top 4' player though.

He was the best of the English lads,thought Noble was disapointing.

I thought Raul Garcia from Atletico Madrid looked the best central midfielder in the tournament.And the Swede Rasmus Elm looked like one for the future.

He was the best of the English lads,thought Noble was disapointing.

I thought Raul Garcia from Atletico Madrid looked the best central midfielder in the tournament.And the Swede Rasmus Elm looked like one for the future.

He definitely impressed me & talk is bids around £3m are being entertained from very small clubs , so I'm in.

Just got in and seen this on the box. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous transfers in football history. If I'd have heard it was a straight swap with eto'o I'd have shook my head in disbelief. Somebody at inter must be a fucking jedi master

Even a straight swap with Eto'o would be an excellent deal for Inter. Easily the worst transfer deal in football history.

Even a straight swap with Eto'o would be an excellent deal for Inter. Easily the worst transfer deal in football history.

Samuel only has a year to go on his contract and was making 'Bosman' noises , so parity was never going to be an option , but £40m as well ,

dear oh lordy me.

Ibrahimovic is a 2 goal every 3 games player for Inter. He'll score a shit load for Barca. Eto'o was a big game player though and got the important goals as well as the volume. Zlatan, as we know won't get out the changies in the meaningful matches

Agreed, it's absolute fucking madness, and I just have no clue at all what the fuck Barca were thinking. I'd have been fine with a straight swap seeing as Eto'o was supposed to be leaving anyway, but Hleb and all that cash.....it's a fucking insane amount of cash that most wouldn't think he'd be worth anyway, but Eto'o aswell! And Hleb, it's fucked up.

The only think that would stop me from thinking it was total and complete madness would be if Zlatan was say, 22 or something so they were thinking of the future aswell, but he's 27! Eto'o is only 1 year older, and it really might go down as one of the maddest deals ever.

I cant wait for you all to eat your words regarding the Zlat.

He'll score shit loads for Barca and you'll all be creaming your kecks come Christmas.

That's fine, but even if he does the whole deal is still madness because he's been swapped for Eto'o plus 38mil. It should've been a swap or the 38, but not both. That's without Hleb even mentioned either.

It'll be interesting to see how Eto'o does in Italy aswell, I thought just now that he'd score a shitload, but he's going to be the focal point a lot more in that team as opponents don't have the likes of Henry, Messi, Iniesta etc to mark, so defenders might be all over him. Still think he'll do well though.

The rest of the world rates Shit but he has never really done it against an English club in the cl or had a great tournament. I think he will get his 6th medal in 6th years and Barca will win the title, he will score a shit load.

I think he would also score an absolute shit load in the prem.

However, who the fuck brokered that deal, absolutely out of this world.