You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

klinsmann sacked

sir roger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just more fuel to the overweight, hairy-arsed, self-parody that is Chris Bascombe thesedays.

How so?

Chris simply reported that Gillett and Hicks had met with Klinsmann and had possibly lined him up should Rafa have left the club anytime between November 07 and January 08. Chris didn't say he rated or wanted Klinsmann at the club or was in any way in favour of it as I recall. The times I've spoken to Chris personally, he certainly never intimated this.

As it transpires, Chris broke the story and was 100% correct, as evidenced by Hicks' interview with Tony.

How so?

Chris simply reported that Gillett and Hicks had met with Klinsmann and had possibly lined him up should Rafa have left the club anytime between November 07 and January 08. Chris didn't say he rated or wanted Klinsmann at the club or was in any way in favour of it as I recall. The times I've spoken to Chris personally, he certainly never intimated this.

As it transpires, Chris broke the story and was 100% correct, as evidenced by Hicks' interview with Tony.

Correct.

And if Bascombe is fat, then God knows what that makes me! There's not a pick on him, he weighs about seven stone.

Have I missed something recent about Bascombe & Klinsmann , chaps ?

Don't understand yours or GK Maccas comments.

Bascombe has been patently anti-Rafa ever since he pissed off yet another Liverpool manager and his staff - something he has become adept at. When the Klinsmann story broke - not by Bascombe, but by 'Kicker' in Germany he couldn't have been happier.

Always happy to send the (sensationalist) boot in is Bascombe - not so quick to praise where and when it's due.

Bascombe has been patently anti-Rafa ever since he pissed off yet another Liverpool manager and his staff - something he has become adept at. When the Klinsmann story broke - not by Bascombe, but by 'Kicker' in Germany he couldn't have been happier.

Always happy to send the (sensationalist) boot in is Bascombe - not so quick to praise where and when it's due.

When he ran that Klinsmann story he was pretty tight with Rafa, and Rafa was fully aware of what was being written and wanted it put out there.

They may not be on good terms any more, but back then they were and to say he wrote that piece to undermine Rafa or that he wanted Klinsmann here is completely untrue, he was dead against it and Rafa backed him completely in putting that story out.

When he ran that Klinsmann story he was pretty tight with Rafa, and Rafa was fully aware of what was being written and wanted it put out there.

They may not be on good terms any more, but back then they were and to say he wrote that piece to undermine Rafa or that he wanted Klinsmann here is completely untrue, he was dead against it and Rafa backed him completely in putting that story out.

That's the way i see it and I am no fan of CB. I don't read all of his articles except what is posted on here and they are all pretty negative these days. I don;t have a problem with that if it's warranted but plenty seem unwarranted or far too negative to be objective.

He needs to write some positive Rafa stuff as well when it is warranted, perhaps he does and I don't get to see it but I hate the prick now based on what I read of his stuff here.

Hicks is probably on a plane to Germany as we speak.

gillett_george0819.jpg

I was shocked and stunned to hear what happened to my great and dear friend Organ Klingfilm, but life goes on and I am pleased to announce that I have already found a new advisor on all things soccer who is even more intelligent and insightful: Mr Steve Claridge! I happened to see him on what you guys call 'The Telly' and I have to tell you I was really most impressed! He seems to know about everything! So Mr Under Carriage will be my 'nose and throat' on all Euro soccer matters if and when we need to replace that dirty double-crossing Spanish cocksucker who is hated by Dame Alex Magnusson and some fella called Atk. Pip pip!

Back to the original topic of the thread. How come they've sacked him now? Did they lose at the weekend or something. Last time I checked they were only a few points off the top and still in the race, have they fucked it up now?

Got beat one-nil by Schalke at the weekend leaving them 3rd and in danger of missing out on the champions league next season.

They'll go for Mancini I reckon, or Mourinho if he wants out of Inter at the end of the season.