You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That thought it was a good idea to boo when Lucas came on.

Can I just say that the best fucking part of you shower of twats, ran down your sisters fucking leg at birth.

Just fuck off you utter,utter cunts.

Yes indeedy. To his credit he did a decent job when he came on too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not nice, but I don't like it when people tell others how to support.

Maybe the fact that Man Utd are going to hold our record has something to do with it? Or that he's been utter tripe for all this season bar a few minutes against Newcastle?

I'm not one to boo, but I'd groan when I pay good money for a ticket and see someone who's paid 60,000 pounds a week for nothing coming on, just like Brownie.

Anyone that boos a Liverpool player should be tagged and given a electric shock at the mere sign of them piecing their lips.Alternatively, punched in the mouth.Morons.

A lot of our squad type players would benefit from more game time, any player chosen for the bench should at least be in the next reserve side. Bring back a proper reserve league, like the good old days.

It's not nice, but I don't like it when people tell others how to support.

Maybe the fact that Man Utd are going to hold our record has something to do with it? Or that he's been utter tripe for all this season bar a few minutes against Newcastle?

I'm not one to boo, but I'd groan when I pay good money for a ticket and see someone who's paid 60,000 pounds a week for nothing coming on, just like Brownie.

Brownie earns 60'000 a week? What does he do? Is he actually Degan...? Seriously, there is NO excuse for that, absolutely embarrasing when I think back to the shite that has played for us over the years, the Ruddocks, Babbs ,Dundees, Dioufs, Cherous none of them were ever treated as badly as Lucas. I pay my money as well and I dont appreciate having to listen to some boring twat drone on and on about his theories as why everything Rafa does is wrong, that is what this place is for.

I can't understand how Liverpool fans want Maureen for manager but then you listen to them all around the ground booing THEIR own player in a match we are winning, and you suddenly realise why.

I heard absolutely no booing all game, and I was in 206 in the Kop. Mate of mine was in the Upper Centenary said he didn't hear anything either.

You sure SKY aren't adding sound effects?

Well if they were, then so were 5 Live because it was pretty audible over the radio.

It's incredibly sanctimonious for someone to tell another person " This is how you should support the team" particularly when in all likelihood said person has supported the team for decades. It's just pompous.

Yes, but part of the Liverpoolway is to educate our fans on how to support. Like the Anti Sun campaign and other things LFC related, which perhaps some people arent aware of.

Booing has always happened at anfield, Im sure it did in Shanks day as it does now, but its not really the TLW and certainly not simply because someone is subbed on.

Couldn't believe the boos, there were a few from behind me in the main stand.

There was a definitely a bigger congregation of Soccer AM fans at the game last night, i assume because the normal match goers had all stabbed themselves in the face with a spanner after Saturday's game.

I would never boo a Liverpool player at the match, not even fucking Lucas.

However, maybe some fans are so fed up with Benitez's intransigence and inability to see what how rubbish Lucarse is, that they feel this is the only way to voice their displeasure at his continued presence in a Liverpool shirt.

It is probably also a slightly cowardly way of expressing their unhappiness with Benitez himself.

I would never boo a Liverpool player at the match, not even fucking Lucas.

However, maybe some fans are so fed up with Benitez's intransigence and inability to see what how rubbish Lucarse is, that they feel this is the only way to voice their displeasure at his continued presence in a Liverpool shirt.

It is probably also a slightly cowardly way of expressing their unhappiness with Benitez himself.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with how some fans view Benitez, nothing. It has nothing to do with sky generation fans, OOT. I saw old, scouse gobshites booing him.

I am unfortunate to be sat 2nd row from the end of season ticket holders in the upper centenary. Ended up screaming at all the jester hats and liverpool shop bags booing. Cunts.

I don't like Lucas as a player, I don't particulary want him to be in our team, I think he's crap on most occasions. But I wouldn't boo him when he came on.

They can all fuck off to the Emirates Stadium in their boxes and boo players to their hearts content. Just don't pollute my stadium with your poisonous, malicious, Daily Mirror reading shite

the thing about Lucas is he's on a hiding to nothing. If you look through the latest issue of the mag (plug, plug, plug) Daves diary starts in early December and in each game he plays, Lucas gets a mention, not a critical one, but a 'he's playing quite well and looks the part'.

After PSV Dave says;

"Some very good performances, not least from Lucas who was quality"

After the Arsenal game ;

"We were missing Mascherano too, but Lucas filled his boots more than adequately I felt. He gave away too many free kicks, as usual, but aside from that he was quietly effective and made a good contribution"

After the Newcatle game ;

"As for Lucas, I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Man of the match for me, he did everything right and could have had a hat-trick. Something seems to have changed with Lucas the last few weeks, he seems to be trying more things and getting forward more.It's like the shackles have come off and he's playing his own game. He was excellent in Eindhoven and even better in this game....... some stuff abnout how these games gave him more space and time, fair comments summed up by...........hopefully he can kick on from this and show his worth."

After Preston ;

"...Lucas did well again I thought."

If you look through the forum threads on those games, they also say he played well, usually one of the top 3 in eac hof those games.

So through December and early January he was played consistently and started to reproduce the good form he displayed last season, coincidentally when he had a bit of a run in the side. He has obviously blotted his copy book since with the Pen at Wigan and sending off Vs Everton, as they were poor, reckless tackles, they type of which he's already been picked up on, so clearly something he needs to improve. But he has shown that given a run he's not a complete lame duck, certainly not a complete waste of space.

Given that some feel Keane wasn't given enough of a chance, 16 starts, for a player already used to the English league and proven elsewhere, Id rather hoped they would extend that logic, a need to play regularly, to the likes of Lucas, El Zhar and Ngog.

the thing about Lucas is he's on a hiding to nothing. If you look through the latest issue of the mag (plug, plug, plug) Daves diary starts in early December and in each game he plays, Lucas gets a mention, not a critical one, but a 'he's playing quite well and looks the part'.

After PSV Dave says;

"Some very good performances, not least from Lucas who was quality"

After the Arsenal game ;

"We were missing Mascherano too, but Lucas filled his boots more than adequately I felt. He gave away too many free kicks, as usual, but aside from that he was quietly effective and made a good contribution"

After the Newcatle game ;

"As for Lucas, I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Man of the match for me, he did everything right and could have had a hat-trick. Something seems to have changed with Lucas the last few weeks, he seems to be trying more things and getting forward more.It's like the shackles have come off and he's playing his own game. He was excellent in Eindhoven and even better in this game....... some stuff abnout how these games gave him more space and time, fair comments summed up by...........hopefully he can kick on from this and show his worth."

After Preston ;

"...Lucas did well again I thought."

If you look through the forum threads on those games, they also say he played well, usually one of the top 3 in eac hof those games.

So through December and early January he was played consistently and started to reproduce the good form he displayed last season, coincidentally when he had a bit of a run in the side. He has obviously blotted his copy book since with the Pen at Wigan and sending off Vs Everton, as they were poor, reckless tackles, they type of which he's already been picked up on, so clearly something he needs to improve. But he has shown that given a run he's not a complete lame duck, certainly not a complete waste of space.

Given that some feel Keane wasn't given enough of a chance, 16 starts, for a player already used to the English league and proven elsewhere, Id rather hoped they would extend that logic, a need to play regularly, to the likes of Lucas, El Zhar and Ngog.

I agree with this. Lucas has been playing quite well recently and obviously, he is a player who needs confidence. yet some twats think it is logical to boo him. Doesn't make sense really.

Someone I know who went yesterday said that some lad started booing Lucas so someone threw a pie at his face. Stupid support really and he deserved it.

Brownie earns 60'000 a week? What does he do? Is he actually Degan...? Seriously, there is NO excuse for that, absolutely embarrasing when I think back to the shite that has played for us over the years, the Ruddocks, Babbs ,Dundees, Dioufs, Cherous none of them were ever treated as badly as Lucas. I pay my money as well and I dont appreciate having to listen to some boring twat drone on and on about his theories as why everything Rafa does is wrong, that is what this place is for.

I can't understand how Liverpool fans want Maureen for manager but then you listen to them all around the ground booing THEIR own player in a match we are winning, and you suddenly realise why.

Yeah, the only manager that could replace Rafa is Mourinho. He has only lost one home league game in nine years, so who wouldn't want him at his club?!

He is also the only ego to stand up against Ferguson successfully. I wouldn't exactly class Wenger in this category as he's been outwitted many times by the Slur.

But anyway, that is just my opinion which is useless because it is never going to happen with those two clowns at the helm.