You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Boro

Paco

TLW picks the team v Boro  

435 members have voted

1. 1. TLW picks the team v Boro

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------------Reina---------------------

Arbeloa------Skrtel----------Carra--------Aurelio

----------Mascherano------Alonso-------------

Kuyt----------------Gerrard-------------Benayoun

---------------------Babel------------------------

----------------------Reina---------------------

Arbeloa------Skrtel----------Carra--------Aurelio

----------Mascherano------Alonso-------------

Kuyt----------------Gerrard-------------Benayoun

---------------------Babel------------------------

Almost the same here. Would rather see Kuyt up top and Babel on the right though and Arbeloa is out, so Carra at right back with Hyypia coming in.

Is this now the official game thread?

Suppose it is, I would go for

-----------Reina-------------

Carra- Skrtel - Hyypia - Aurelio

----Mascherano-Alonso-----

Kuyt------Gerrard-----Benayoun

---------Babel--------------

At the back I would play Carra at RB since I dont fancy Darby up against the only decent player Boro have actually got, Carra on the other hand will have him in his pocket all day.

If Agger is fit I would play him as well, but I dont think he is so I will go with Hyypia alongside Skrtel who I thought had one of his better games for us against Real in midweek.

Insua is back and he did really well before he left for South America so it would have been interesting to see him again, especially as I like his attitude and ability when it comes to going forward, but Aurelio did really well against Real as well so he should probably get the nod

Alonso-Mascherano is a given in CM even if I have been thinking of playing Gerrard alongside Alonso to allow us to play all four of Babel, Benayoun, Rieira and Kuyt from the start, but Rafa would probably never do that.

So I would go with Babel up front, but I`m certain Rafa will go with Kuyt with Benayoun, Gerrard and Rieira/Babel behind him.

So what about our bench, the attacking talents are not actually overwhelming are they?

Even if I was one of Keanes biggest critics during his time here, to let him go without having a replacement ready was a monumental fuck up, its not like Keane`s departure should come as a surprise to anyone is it?

Echo saying that Arbeloa might be back in 10 days:)

Not what I hope, but think we might see something like this:

Reina

Carragher

Hyypia

Skrtel

Dossena

Mascherano

Lucas

Alonso

Benayoun

Babel

Kuyt

1-0 win freom Gerrard coming of the bench to safe the day

Edited by Seemann
added something

Not usually Benayoun's biggest fan, but he's on form so i'd pick him over Babel. Riera also over Babel, but only just, meaning Dirk up front. Bob still ineffective getting forward (yes, even less than Carra), no Torres or Agger, and Insua probably not ready to come back yet, so:

----------------------- Reina

Carragher ------ Skrtel ------ Hyypia ------ Aurelio

--------------- Alonso ---- Mascherano

------- Benayoun ---- Gerrard ------- Riera

----------------------- Kuyt

Subs : Cavalieri, Arbeloa, Dossena, Lucas, El Zhar, Babel, Ngog.

And yes, that subs bench IS bloody depressing! Nemeth's time is surely coming.

Is this now the official game thread?

Suppose it is, I would go for

-----------Reina-------------

Carra- Skrtel - Hyypia - Aurelio

----Mascherano-Alonso-----

Kuyt------Gerrard-----Benayoun

---------Babel--------------

At the back I would play Carra at RB since I dont fancy Darby up against the only decent player Boro have actually got, Carra on the other hand will have him in his pocket all day.

If Agger is fit I would play him as well, but I dont think he is so I will go with Hyypia alongside Skrtel who I thought had one of his better games for us against Real in midweek.

Insua is back and he did really well before he left for South America so it would have been interesting to see him again, especially as I like his attitude and ability when it comes to going forward, but Aurelio did really well against Real as well so he should probably get the nod

Alonso-Mascherano is a given in CM even if I have been thinking of playing Gerrard alongside Alonso to allow us to play all four of Babel, Benayoun, Rieira and Kuyt from the start, but Rafa would probably never do that.

So I would go with Babel up front, but I`m certain Rafa will go with Kuyt with Benayoun, Gerrard and Rieira/Babel behind him.

So what about our bench, the attacking talents are not actually overwhelming are they?

Even if I was one of Keanes biggest critics during his time here, to let him go without having a replacement ready was a monumental fuck up, its not like Keane`s departure should come as a surprise to anyone is it?

I agree, but, can Babel produce .. :whistle: