You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's political correctness gone....erm...

dirty_sanchez

A man in New Zealand was called into a work meeting and feared the worst. So he hired an emotional support clown to join him.

For Joshua Jack, the suspicion he might lose his job was right.

Speaking to Newshub NZ on a video call, Jack confirmed his employer, advertising agency FCB, let him go this week. But having Joe the clown along for the ride definitely “lightened the mood,” he said.

When his supervisors scheduled the meeting, he said he “thought it's either a promotion or worse.”

“I thought it's best to bring in a professional and so I paid $200 and hired a clown,” he added.

By the time the meeting was over, Jack didn't have a job. But he did have two balloon animals: a unicorn and a poodle.

The process to blow them up and shape them got “rather noisy,” he said, and the meeting attendees “had to tell [Joe the clown] to be quiet from time to time.”

FCB could not immediately be reached for comment. But the New Zealand Herald obtained a photograph showing a man with his face blurred out sitting in an office next to a clown, who is wearing, well, a clown outfit, and what appears to be an inflatable hat. The clown reportedly also mimed crying expressions as Jack went over the paperwork describing his termination.

When asked by Newshub NZ how his former colleagues reacted, Jack said they “thought it spiced up the meeting.”

Emotional support clowns are typically used in situations with children that require a bit more, well, emotional support.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

A man in New Zealand was called into a work meeting and feared the worst. So he hired an emotional support clown to join him.

For Joshua Jack, the suspicion he might lose his job was right.

Speaking to Newshub NZ on a video call, Jack confirmed his employer, advertising agency FCB, let him go this week. But having Joe the clown along for the ride definitely “lightened the mood,” he said.

When his supervisors scheduled the meeting, he said he “thought it's either a promotion or worse.”

“I thought it's best to bring in a professional and so I paid $200 and hired a clown,” he added.

By the time the meeting was over, Jack didn't have a job. But he did have two balloon animals: a unicorn and a poodle.

The process to blow them up and shape them got “rather noisy,” he said, and the meeting attendees “had to tell [Joe the clown] to be quiet from time to time.”

FCB could not immediately be reached for comment. But the New Zealand Herald obtained a photograph showing a man with his face blurred out sitting in an office next to a clown, who is wearing, well, a clown outfit, and what appears to be an inflatable hat. The clown reportedly also mimed crying expressions as Jack went over the paperwork describing his termination.

When asked by Newshub NZ how his former colleagues reacted, Jack said they “thought it spiced up the meeting.”

Emotional support clowns are typically used in situations with children that require a bit more, well, emotional support.

Fuckin hell. I'd have strangled the clown and kicked fuck out of the cunts who sacked me. Let's be honest though,if you're called into a meeting like that you know you're highly likely to be getting the push.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fuckin hell. I'd have strangled the clown and kicked fuck out of the cunts who sacked me. Let's be honest though,if you're called into a meeting like that you know you're highly likely to be getting the push.

Mustn't be any legal minimum redundancy payments in New Zealand if you can be fobbed off with a balloon poodle & unicorn.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...