You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who works for the CRB?

WaltonRed

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mate.

Is all based on the Skills and Behaviours. Although the form asks for Quals, they don’t really have any reference as to who gets the job. As SD will confirm if you can talk the talk on the Skills and Behaviours you don’t actually need to be able to Walk the Walk.

It’s a mad way of doing it IMO.

Sweet, cheers mate. Best ask someone who can read and write properly to fill the form out for me.

An Admin Officer is just basically the bottom of the food chain in the government departments. Basic workers really.

What's the wage like for an AO in the CRB? I'd take a guess at £14,700. Also, where is the actual office?

£14,924. Its right on the Mersey. By the Malmasson and Crown Palaza.

What type of work does your day consist of?

sitting at a pc and matching record from the Police national Computer to people who have applied for a job. its not that hard... Actuly its piss easy n you even get to have the queens birthday of as a holiday

sitting at a pc and matching record from the Police national Computer to people who have applied for a job. its not that hard... Actuly its piss easy n you even get to have the queens birthday of as a holiday

and then you issue a letter or something?

Sounds good enough to me so i'll be defo applying.

nope no letters the computer do that for you. You have the hard job of pressing complete on the computer

i know sounds hard dont it

There are some letters, If you work in fingerprinting or disputes areas and some customer phone contact on those areas as well. Genrally though its all computer based like our kid says.

I've filled out all of the form apart from the competencies. I'll do that sometime next week.

I have a query though:

I am on a temporary contract in another Civil Service department, can I ask my EO to fill out that part of the form or do I still need to use referees?

Im not to sure. It depends on how long you have been a temp for i think. Id ring the recrutment number to check.

and then you issue a letter or something?

Sounds good enough to me so i'll be defo applying.

nope no letters the computer do that for you. You have the hard job of pressing complete on the computer

i know sounds hard dont it

See now, and people slag off the Labour Government? If the Conservatives were in charge someone would just plug those two computers together and you'd all be out of a job.

Let's have some more respect for Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to fill in the application form now and it is a bitch!

Anyone got any ideas on what kind of example to use for the "recognise colleagues as internal customers question"?

Ta for any help.

There's a lot of emphasis on colleagues being "customers" in there. If you can think of an example where you went "the extra mile" to help a colleague in work with a request I would imagine that would suffice.

"I was asked *to do something* by a colleague, I managed to *do the something* and additionally having noticed *something extra to the something, but related and helpful* and cascaded this to them meaning that in future *the something* was easily accessable to all departments and personel without the need to ask, ergo helping productivity in the organisation"

Trying to fill in the application form now and it is a bitch!

Anyone got any ideas on what kind of example to use for the "recognise colleagues as internal customers question"?

Ta for any help.

Just blag on about offering them the best possible service, making sure their needs are met, building solid relationships with them and satisfying their requirements.

I'm a pro when it comes to blagging business talk; used to be a jedi.