You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who works for the CRB?

WaltonRed

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also each time you apply for a new post/job that requiers a CRB disclosure you will need to apply for a new one as these are not transfarable.

Reasons for this are you could have commited a crime or have an impending prossecution since your last disclosure.

OK. I understand the last part. So why are agencies requesting people who are already CRB cleared for their specifics jobs if you say they are not transferable?

Was tempted to pay for one out of my own pocket and was told by a women who works for you that applications could take 2 months to process.

OK. I understand the last part. So why are agencies requesting people who are already CRB cleared for their specifics jobs if you say they are not transferable?

Was tempted to pay for one out of my own pocket and was told by a women who works for you that applications could take 2 months to process.

The Disclosure is only valid up to the date of printing. You may have had a clean one a week ago but been arrested when you next apply with an agency, that's why they are non transferable.

• 2 weeks later...
It said ten weeks from start to finish so its been two weeks today hasnt it?

You'd think the first no's would be out by now.

no they send them all out together from past experience

Just spoke to somebody and they said that the forms had only just been passed to the markers yesterday. so i guess it will be another few weeks

• 2 weeks later...
So if we havent been rejected up to now we have got to the interview stage or is there still rejections to come out?

You could still be rejected on the quality of your skills and behaviours.

There is an initial sift where they get rid of all the chaff, people going over 200 words and people not filling out all the required parts of the form etc. They dont even read what they have writen at that stage.

Then they do the proper sift which looks at what you have written for each one and scores then 0-3. You have to score at least 2 normally on all S&B to get an interview.

That was finished last week.

Interviews are starting next monday and running till about may 20th.